Managing End With SR

11Troy11

I'm considering SR  for a new build because u hear defense based sets are better for scrappers and that SR excels in this area. The only thing is I also hear that SR is an End hog. How have those of you who play SR managed to compensate for that? 

With IO slotting and only 3 toggles SR doesn't seem to End heavy.  Sure no End management tools directly, but that's not the point of SR.  Once your global recharge is high enough to keep Practiced Brawler perma, slot it with and End Reduction. 

If you want Def sets on Scrapper with End management, consider Ice Armor or Energy Armor.  Less DDR than SR, but other tools. 

I second what Jaxman100 states with this add: Quickness does bump recharge which equates to firing off attacks more often which then eats more end.

For my claws/sr users, I go with conserve power/superior conditioning from the APPs but I also run permahasten which greatly increases my endurance drain.

I really hate running out of end.

All 3 positinal defense sets use the same amount of endurance but SR tends to be in the worst shape.  Shield gives you AAO which does more damage so things die faster with the same number of attacks.  Ninja gets a free recovery clickie which helps a ton. But SR gets more recharge.  That means fewer gaps in attack chains and more use of heavy hitting high endurance attacks. 

Now how to fix it? Pretty much the same way as any other set. Make sure end redux is in your attacks and toggles. Throw in performance shifer and other IOs that give +endurane and recovery.  You can even throw brawl on auto to help yourself slow down a little. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jaxman100 said:

With IO slotting and only 3 toggles SR doesn't seem to End heavy.  Sure no End management tools directly, but that's not the point of SR.  Once your global recharge is high enough to keep Practiced Brawler perma, slot it with and End Reduction. 

If you want Def sets on Scrapper with End management, consider Ice Armor or Energy Armor.  Less DDR than SR, but other tools. 

How much Rech would I need for that?

Edited by 11Troy11

18 minutes ago, 11Troy11 said:

How much Rech would I need for that?

69% for perma single stack (when factoring in arcanatime).

200/(120 - 1.716) = 1.6908  (+69%)

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

69% for perma single stack (when factoring in arcanatime).

200/(120 - 1.716) = 1.6908  (+69%)

5 LOTG's would give 37.5. SR's +Rech is 20 more, and hasten gives 70. If I understand you correctly, that's more than enough.

7 minutes ago, 11Troy11 said:

5 LOTG's would give 37.5. SR's +Rech is 20 more, and hasten gives 70. If I understand you correctly, that's more than enough.

It is, however you likely won't have Hasten on Perma, so try to account for that as well. But even then, you have 57.5% without Hasten, so getting another 12% will easily come from slotting. You can get 10% from Superior ATO. You can get 5% for fully slotting Obliterations. Or you can just grab a Increase Attack Rate buff from Base Empowerments. That'll give you 20% for 90 minutes, and it'll only cost you about 10k in influence to buy the salvage required.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn