Sprint: +Flight Speed

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

Is it necessary?  Its pretty easy to be at or near the flight cap with a jet pack.

Maybe if they bumped the cap?

Probably the main use would be in enhancing the speed of Hover, not jetpacks, flight, or mystic flight.  I guess it would probably also mean that Flight + Afterburner + Sprint would be a little faster than Flight + Afterburner?

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

I think Hover is the only flight power that doesn't hit its speed cap without enhancement.  That said, Hover's base speed is so low that percentage boosts don't get you much.

I think it's the only non-temp power that doesn't hit speed cap, but don't the jetpacks fly a bit slower than cap, or am I drunk?

all the temp power jet packs are abit under cap, but even 1 max fly speed io in swift will push them to cap if I recall right. Hover can be pushed to I want to say around 38ish mph if one really pushes fly speed/travel speed bonuses in sets along with putting max boost in swift. Quickness in SR can also help push hover a tad higher.

Finally the jump pack/steam pack can be used while hovering for a speed boos to hover during their duration. I find this handy on my hover toons in mishes as its usually recharged by the time a big room is cleared and allow another fast hover to tight turn through tunnels faster than most can run in them.

Yeah, looking at the Afterburner power in Rubi's API thing, it looks to me like it only affects max flight speed, not current flight speed.  Though I'm not sure I fully understand how flight coding happens.

You just see a current flight speed increase with normal flight because normal flight already "would" take you past cap (which is now raised by AB).

• Like 1

Afterburner does not change the speed of any of your powers, it merely increases the fly speed cap. At base value, the added speed is +14.32 mph, but you can enhance that. However you cannot enhance it past the absolute Max Capped Flight Speed of 87.95 (95% of capped run speed). 

Fly is capped at the Regular Capped Flight Speed of 58.63 mph. If not for the cap, Fly would be a bit faster even without enhancements. It takes Afterburner to reach its potential.

Fun fact that I've promoted 100 times, use Steam Jump and Jump Pack (swap between the two to keep it permanent) with Hover and/or Afterburner. Those P2W powers provide a huge strength to flight speed which will allow you to reach very fast speeds with zero enhancements. Afterburner + Jump Pack = 87.95 mph maxed capped fly speed. Hover + Jump Pack = 58.63 mph regular capped flight speed.

For more information, you can read my Movement Speed Guide. Drop down to the comments section where I posted a video demonstrating all of this functionality.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn