Let's be honest, there must be ONE BEST mathematically

Mary Jane Blaze

I do not enjoy reading and pouring through tons of posts trying to figure out what to do and how to do things.  I often just ask in game, in the help channel, and many patient and kind players are quick with answers. I want to build the fastest clearing, end all be all, spare no expense, dedicated fire farmer.  Is there something close to some kind of consensus on what build that would be? Does someone have a MIDs file they would share? Are there posts around here of people showing off what their builds can do? I already have a few solid post-50 heroes for teaming and for itrials, etc. But I am looking for that super build farmer that costs several Billion INF. I even would like advice on Incarnate powers. Any advice is appreciated...  Thank you!!!

Edited by Mary Jane Blaze

I think you'll struggle to spend that kind of inf on a build too. Fire farmers have such a narrow focus that they don't need hugely expensive builds. Once you have fire def and res capped that's all you need to worry about, easily achievable with fire armour without anything particularly expensive. And damage output seems more limited by how many reds you can chew down than anything else.

I'm sure there are gains to be made by going to town on a farming build, but whether they make enough of a difference to its earning power to be worth it I'm not so sure. Map clear times will be like pylon times when you get to the sharp end; variability in the rng and mob behaviour will have more and more influence making the results very uneven.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Too many variables for a math problem.  Rad/Fire is the short answer. I'll give a long answer when I get home. 

Ok long answer.  Your builds with the fastest clear times all use Burn, Electric Fences, Ball Lightning and the main AOE from the primary.  Spine Burst has terrible damage and while Atom Smasher takes just as long to cast it does more damage.  Rad also has the benefit of being able to slot -resist procs from Achilles heel so you can potentially have 3 -resists procs at the same time. 

As far as incarnates go, that will depend on how you farm.  If you are on the asteroid map that you can clear in a couple min, then for your Aplha you would probably want Agility.  At that point you can fill up on damage inspirations before you start and be at the damage cap the whole time.  Agility would give you a little more recharge for even fewer gaps between casts.  If you run longer maps then Musculature since even when solo and combining inspirations, you tend to not always be at the damage cap so there is always room for more damage.    Judgement again is a preference.  I like Ion because it hits targets all over the place but others like Pyro due to the fast cast time.  Interface I like Degen for -HP in addition to damage.  Others like Reactive for -resist.  For lore Banished Pantheon Radial is the most popular.  The untouchable pet tosses out a rain of fire like attack that gets aggro.  Keep them by your side and you can basically double the aggro cap at times.  For Destiny, Ageless.  You will run out of endurance without it.   Hybrid Assault Radial.  +damage doesn't do anything at the cap so double hit offers more benefit. 

Now is this THE best farmer build out there?  There are probably better ones out there but this is certainly near the top.  Only 5 slotted brawl but it still gets the job done.  It is not 45% defense but it doesn't have to be.  I still don't take enough damage to worry about needing to heal. 

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(13)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 6: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(25), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(27), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(29), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(34), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(36), MckBrt-Rchg(36)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 26: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 30: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 44: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 47: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
------------

Edited by HelenCarnate
  • Thanks 1

doubt you will like mine but hey i do think it is extremely effective

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Radina: Level 50 Magic Brute
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(5)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(13), Ags-ResDam(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(29)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 6: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Fusion -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Healing Flames -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(36), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(21), ScrDrv-Dam%(21), Obl-%Dam(23), Erd-%Dam(23), AchHee-ResDeb%(25)
Level 20: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 22: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(25), GifoftheA-Def(34)
Level 26: Radiation Siphon -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(33)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 30: Cross Punch -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Dmg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(40), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(42), Erd-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dam%(45), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 44: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(48), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(48), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(48), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(50), MckBrt-Rchg(50)
Level 47: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Knives of Vengeance Radial Superior Ally
------------

Mmmm... your whole premise is faulty. There, in fact, does not have to be one end-all-be-all bestest of the besty best. There could be any number of builds that clear farms with nearly identical speeds. There are too many variables. In general, the cooperation of the mobs has more to do with speed at the top end. In the farm thread, there are numerous builds that come in within seconds of each other, well within the margin of error. Not to say that any build will do it at top speed, but there is certainly more than one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 8/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, HelenCarnate said:

Too many variables for a math problem.  Rad/Fire is the short answer. I'll give a long answer when I get home. 

Ok long answer.  Your builds with the fastest clear times all use Burn, Electric Fences, Ball Lightning and the main AOE from the primary.  Spine Burst has terrible damage and while Atom Smasher takes just as long to cast it does more damage.  Rad also has the benefit of being able to slot -resist procs from Achilles heel so you can potentially have 3 -resists procs at the same time. 

As far as incarnates go, that will depend on how you farm.  If you are on the asteroid map that you can clear in a couple min, then for your Aplha you would probably want Agility.  At that point you can fill up on damage inspirations before you start and be at the damage cap the whole time.  Agility would give you a little more recharge for even fewer gaps between casts.  If you run longer maps then Musculature since even when solo and combining inspirations, you tend to not always be at the damage cap so there is always room for more damage.    Judgement again is a preference.  I like Ion because it hits targets all over the place but others like Pyro due to the fast cast time.  Interface I like Degen for -HP in addition to damage.  Others like Reactive for -resist.  For lore Banished Pantheon Radial is the most popular.  The untouchable pet tosses out a rain of fire like attack that gets aggro.  Keep them by your side and you can basically double the aggro cap at times.  For Destiny, Ageless.  You will run out of endurance without it.   Hybrid Assault Radial.  +damage doesn't do anything at the cap so double hit offers more benefit. 

Now is this THE best farmer build out there?  There are probably better ones out there but this is certainly near the top.  Only 5 slotted brawl but it still gets the job done.  It is not 45% defense but it doesn't have to be.  I still don't take enough damage to worry about needing to heal. 

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Level 50 Magic Brute
Power Pool: Concealment

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(13)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 6: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(25), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(27), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(29), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(34), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(34), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(36), MckBrt-Rchg(36)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 26: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 30: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 44: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 47: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
------------

THANK YOU SO MUCH .... THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE NICE STARTING POINT.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:18 PM, VV said:

Mmmm... your whole premise is faulty. There, in fact, does not have to be one end-all-be-all bestest of the besty best. There could be any number of builds that clear farms with nearly identical speeds. There are too many variables. In general, the cooperation of the mobs has more to do with speed at the top end. In the farm thread, there are numerous builds that come in within seconds of each other, well within the margin of error. Not to say that any build will do it at top speed, but there is certainly more than one.

Fair point. Thank you for helping me realize this. Your post has actually given me the insight that there really isn't one end all be all... and the better ones are not significantly better or worse from each other. Now I can build it and experiment with it. Thank you!!!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

What map and what times?

Comicon asteroid map. 3.5 min. Sometimes better Sometimes worse.  Depends on where the helper spawns and where the mobs roam.  Although lately I turned to the market to make money and farm the larger maps for PL.  I don't really track my time but I enjoy the cave map but sometimes do 13147 the night at the movies.  The old Drek map is great.

Edited by HelenCarnate

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

Comicon asteroid map. 3.5 min

Ill have to try that.  Ive usually done twisteds asteroid maps sub 5 minutes but really built to afk farm.  Reason I latched on to your post was the comments about spines.  Id like to compare apples to apples.  You use p2w?  Or base buffs for those times?  Or second + accounts on follow?

45 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Ill have to try that.  Ive usually done twisteds asteroid maps sub 5 minutes but really built to afk farm.  Reason I latched on to your post was the comments about spines.  Id like to compare apples to apples.  You use p2w?  Or base buffs for those times?  Or second + accounts on follow?

Nah, no external buffs other than inspirations.  When I am actually going for fast times I hop into a group, burn, elec fences, then I throw ball lightning on a roaming group nearby.  I try and hit one walking away if I have several to pick from.  This gets their attention and as the mob I am on burns down, that group will run in.  Then I hit Atom Smasher.  During animations I am using macros to eat and combine inspirations.  I stop at around 475-500% since my slotting will take care of the rest up to the cap.  Spines in theory can do better damage but it requires a bit of skill to line up the cone to always hit your max number of targets and I am doing enough work as it is.  Those with more skill I am sure can do better than me.  However that tends to be offset by being able to use all 3 types of -resist procs out there. 

But just apples to apples with the exact same attack chain and leaving out throw spines, Rad will come out ahead due to the higher damage in Atom Smasher and the additional -resist procs. 

Edited by HelenCarnate

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

But just apples to apples with the exact same attack chain and leaving out throw spines, Rad will come out ahead due to the higher damage in Atom Smasher and the additional -resist procs. 

Not so much worried about attack chain.  Just maps and times and any outside buffs.  If you get a chance hit me with the map number.  I dont think ive run that one (but ive heard of it).  Just wanna see how far off i am timewise.

The fastest farm clearing farming whateverness is the one where YOU are least aware of the time, i.e., having the most fun. A 10 hour mish may feel like a 2 hour mish if you are having a blast with your char, and that same mish feel like 5 hours on a char you are MEH about. That is a cost savings of 3 hours!

Moral of the story: the more fun you have, the faster things seem to go. The more you are MEH or dislike something, the longer something takes. Thus, "time flies when you are having fun".

• Like 1