OP scrapper?

Papaschtroumpf

Almost 40 characters and no scrappers !??!!?

I need a scrapper

Any dark/dark/dark scrapper builds? I haven't done dark melee since live

Nor have I done dual blade, ninja blade, savage, ma, kin melee, broadsword, staff

So what's an OP scrapper build using one of the above?

Using one of the above? Savage or Kat / Bio. Those are the only ones I'd consider to be placeable in the "OP" (or, alternatively, top tier / best of the best) category.

TW / Bio is of course the Crown Prince. WM / Bio's not far behind that. But Sav and Kat are easily the best sets from the ones you listed and pair great with Bio, which, let's be real: we're doing if you want crazy strong.

-----

But... if you want my 2 cents... play what sounds fun. If this is your first Scrapper out of 40 characters, just pick something that you think will grab you. Worry about being OP later 🙂

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 1

Two words: WAR MACE. 

Secondary powerset doesn't matter, but shield sounds perfect for maximum damage, I suppose. [Bio works too, but I hate the looks.]

Note: Dark melee/shield is pretty strong, but I prefer Dark Melee on tankers though, tankers have good stuff. I think Savage is still bugged on Scrappers.

Radiation Armor.

If you want to feel OP, Radiation Armor. 

What do you call a scrapper with (perm-able) extra 800hp, 1.5 Click-Heals, the ability to refill the blue bar, a Mini-Nuke every 45s or so, capped resists to S/L (near-as-makes-no-difference) and Toxic (well over cap), and the ability to cap defense with a click (requires Shadow Meld)?

Awesome.  That's what. 🙂

Except for that Confuse/Fear hole once you're in Dark Astoria.  <_<  But that's a different story, lol.

FWIW:  Scrapper Savage is bugged on Hemorrhage, which can be skipped anyway, imo.   It's a strange set anyway, but extremely fun to play and more effective (on my brute) than it is often credited for being.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

14 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

The most OP scrapper is probably a stalker if you disregard Titan Weapons... but Bio gives you a big DPS boost, and do does Shield. BS/Shield is fun.

I ran a dark/dark/dark tanker and that was pretty reliably decent. Dark melee has some solid debuff on it, dark armour has two control auras that are fun to use and make up for the low defence and the epics are just nice utility. It's very endurance hungry, but it's also pretty fun to run.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Wow, there are actually even more primaries I haven't played than I thought:

Battle Axe
Broad Sword
Claws
Dark Melee
Dual Blades
Fiery Melee
Katana
Kinetic Melee
Martial Arts
Savage Melee
Staff Fighting
Street Justice

The secondaries I haven't played are:
Dark Armor
Fiery Aura
Radiation Armor
Regeneration
Super Reflexes

Looks like Ninjutsu is not available for scrappers 

And as I said in the OP, I have no scrappers, mostly brutes, my Bio toon is a sentinel.

And I forgot I have Dark/something brute already that I haven't played since 50.

Since there was a strong recommendation for radiation armor, is one of the above primaries a good synergy?

I also have a "Darth Maul" inspired costume idea for Staff. What would be a good secondary for staff? 

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

With zero DDR and what's the actual % uptime on Shadow Meld these days?

The [lack of] DDR is an issue to be certain.  It helps to open with SM and ride the first few misses if I'm expecting incoming def debuffs.  Helps negate the long activation/root time on GZ.  Prolonged fights with heavy [Defense Debuff] can definitely be problematic, especially if also recharge debuffed such that RT and PS aren't coming back up.

I'd have to check in game to be accurate, and his recharge varies, (Hasten is just off-perma, and +rech from FF and BD comes in waves) but iirc I'd say 32-36s on average, unslotted (just the LoTG +def/7.5% global in there).  Better slotting, and finding a 5th LoTG should bring that down in theory.  FWIW, Mids has it on 37.89 (edit: for +23.48% def if anyone was interested) with 1 mob in range for BD and Hasten up.  I don't think I've made any significant changes since creating that build to match what I ended up with on live.

To be fair, my build (Kat/Rad) is a bit of a mess by comparison to what you're likely used to running, but he certainly feels OP in those moments when I can get the timing down correctly.  Ki... er I mean "arrest" too many with GZ and there might not be enough left for a significant heal from RT.  SM too late and it might not make a difference. 

All that said, when there's mild-mid [debuffs], falling back on DA is usually plenty to fill the heal/SM gaps.

SM certainly isn't useful for everything, but I like it against the high resists and reliable heal/absorb that /Rad offers.

Edited by InvaderStych
[added some clarity]

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Prolonged fights with heavy DDR can definitely be problematic, especially if also recharge debuffed such that RT and PS aren't coming back up.

Just saw this exact issue with my mace/bio scrapper in an ITF. -50% defense is a very bad thing.

@Papaschtroumpf DDR is what makes super reflexes so damn glorious. Defense Debuff Resistance. With it, defense is useful ALL the time. Without it, defense is useful for a couple incoming hits when they have defense debuffs.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Just saw this exact issue with my mace/bio scrapper in an ITF. -50% defense is a very bad thing.

@Papaschtroumpf DDR is what makes super reflexes so damn glorious. Defense Debuff Resistance. With it, defense is useful ALL the time. Without it, defense is useful for a couple incoming hits when they have defense debuffs.

Barrier T4 core used as "DDR panic button" on a S/L and mélée cap Bio scrapper + shadow meld (25ish sec of CD on a very heavy recharge build).

Afterburner and / or kinetic dampener can be usefull too 🙂

but Bio scrappers are the king of low notoriety speedrun, they re Lightweight world champions 😛

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On 8/23/2020 at 1:33 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm seein that as well.

i saw your "journey" with your wm bio, yeah WM hit almost twice harder than kat but DDR is terrible 😛

i can farm fire farm +4x8 with this regular build, maybe it could help you : it's my X23 claws bio build so maybe WM can fit in.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(9)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(13), ShlWal-Def(15)
Level 6: Slash -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(21), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Spin -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-%Dam(31), Obl-Dmg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(25)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29), Pnc-Heal(31)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dam%(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 24: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(43), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Parasitic Aura -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A)
Level 47: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(48), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- PndSlg-Stun%(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
------------

Edited by Tsuko

My favorite scrapper is dark melee / shield defense. It has outstanding damage and is very survivable.  

I also have a war mace / shield defense scrapper. It does pretty good damage too, but isn’t as survivable.  If I don’t have a good soul drain going on dark melee war mace has better damage, but with a good soul drain dark melee is better. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

My favorite scrapper is dark melee / shield defense. It has outstanding damage and is very survivable.  

I also have a war mace / shield defense scrapper. It does pretty good damage too, but isn’t as survivable.  If I don’t have a good soul drain going on dark melee war mace has better damage, but with a good soul drain dark melee is better. 

Yeah with max stack soul drain "push" Dark mélée at Top 2 ST dps (assuming heavy recharge build, at 275%)

DPScrapper275.thumb.PNG.f651299713920e5f116f3f218a4ed166.PNG

From @Kaeladin https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1av2vWL9UVgGw183BbjFNweJze7N5P3Tn8tYSppdFQgE/edit#gid=890463997

I enjoy Shield / DM a lot with my tanker : 16 targets on shadow maul is so sexy, powered by AAO and SD, i love fighting Romulus near the door 😄

Edited by Tsuko

9 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Since there was a strong recommendation for radiation armor, is one of the above primaries a good synergy?

I also have a "Darth Maul" inspired costume idea for Staff. What would be a good secondary for staff? 

I love the combo of Savage / rad armor for double recharge buff between Frenzy stacks and Beta decay, but Savage mélée on scrapper tend to "eat" critical on sad Damage over time 😕 But Savage remains the second most damaging base damage for scrappers. Once you factor in Criticals, ATO and Procs potential, i m sure savage for scrappers is average low, but it can have the job done, with ease and fun 🙂

Radiation Armor being incredibly tough as a Resistance / absorb / self heal (Oo) armor, a good synergy could be any attack set with self defense buff !

From your list of unplayed powers :

- Broadsword : fun but a bit slow, Single target average low / buff lethal and mélée on a spammable ST attack (Parry) : this set need some love, IMHO 😕

- Katana : very strong, very powerfull close multitarget dps and average good ST dps / buff Lethal and mélée on a ST spammable attack (Divine Avalanche)

- Staff : the jack of all trade : can do small buff / debuff with a Combo system similar as Street justice but 3 combo tokens attacks provide buff or debuff based on the mastery you click (as bio armor adaptation) very versatile you can either have a very good aoe damage and a ST target dps similar to Katana (in Body mastery) : cherry on top, his self def buff power is a almost spammable CONE (Guarded spin) and this set also have a medium range attack (Serpent's reach / 40' range)

So Staff / rad could be the winner here but rad armor options are limited to "hide" the effects 😕

For a Sith i would say Staff / elec armor  😛 but Staff / dark armor could be very potent too and dark armor can (now) be a lot less "effect heavy" than live (IMO).

You could even "abuse" Opressive Gloom on Dark armor sustain by some skysplitters with Soul mastery (buffing regen and recovery)

Edited by Tsuko

9 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Wow, there are actually even more primaries I haven't played than I thought:

Battle Axe
Broad Sword
Claws
Dark Melee
Dual Blades
Fiery Melee
Katana
Kinetic Melee
Martial Arts
Savage Melee
Staff Fighting
Street Justice

The secondaries I haven't played are:
Dark Armor
Fiery Aura
Radiation Armor
Regeneration
Super Reflexes

Looks like Ninjutsu is not available for scrappers 

And as I said in the OP, I have no scrappers, mostly brutes, my Bio toon is a sentinel.

And I forgot I have Dark/something brute already that I haven't played since 50.

My Claws, TW and SJ/Ninja scrappers would like to disagree.  Ninja is great for scrappers.  The self heal and endurance and your clickie mez protection also gives psi resist to help with those rare non positional psi attacks.  Down side is the DDR is not that great but Shadow Meld can help mitigate that somewhat if you don't have any lucks around.  Claws is a great all around build.  Plenty of AoE and Single target and probably the easier to level.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(21), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 6: Shinobi-Iri -- RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(29)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), ShlWal-Def(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(33)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(A)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), GldJvl-Dam%(36)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(39)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 26: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 28: Spin -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Erd-%Dam(45)
Level 30: Bo Ryaku -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(46)
Level 32: Shockwave -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Kuji-In Retsu -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

DDR is what makes super reflexes so damn glorious. Defense Debuff Resistance. With it, defense is useful ALL the time. Without it, defense is useful for a couple incoming hits when they have defense debuffs.

Nearly all the time. Autohit damage and particularly enemies with massive tohit buffs still ignore defence regardless of ddr. These aren't exactly common but they come as a very nasty shock when they do appear.

39 minutes ago, parabola said:

Nearly all the time. Autohit damage and particularly enemies with massive tohit buffs still ignore defence regardless of ddr. These aren't exactly common but they come as a very nasty shock when they do appear.

True point. I have long term rage issues with Romulus' autohit fluffy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Replying directly to the OP, I don't know about overpowered but DB/Dark/Mu is very strong. I'm just about done building out mine and it's practically unstoppable with capped S/L resistance and high resistance to almost everything else and softcspped S/L/M defense. It's powerful, fun, and a great "take anywhere" kind of build. 

I have a thread on here somewhere with my build in it if you're interested. 

On 8/21/2020 at 10:06 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

Almost 40 characters and no scrappers !??!!?

I need a scrapper

Any dark/dark/dark scrapper builds? I haven't done dark melee since live

Nor have I done dual blade, ninja blade, savage, ma, kin melee, broadsword, staff

I have DB/Nin, Kat/Nin, KM/Nin and StrJ/Nin scrappers and they are all A LOT of fun for me at least.  All depends on what your goals are.