Allow EATs to be created as new characters in Praetoria

BroFoSho

Title pretty much sums it up. You currently cannot roll any Epic ATs in Praetoria. What if I want to be a gnarly evil alien from another dimension? What if I want to be part of a villain group that doesn't even exist in this dimension? (Or does it? My lore is sloppy) 

Make it happen cap'n!

• Like 1

From a gameplay standpoint, I'm not against this.  I maintain that player-choice is a good thing.

From a technical standpoint, there might be a minor issue with the specialized Contacts for the Epic Archetypes that could theoretically have far-reaching issues in the code, but those could likely be overcome.

From a lore standpoint  . . . it's dicey.  But like the technical issue(s), I think some creative thinking could help solve that too.  And really, it wouldn't be the end of the world if another little bit of lore became wonky.  Certainly isn't the first time.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, Razor Cure said:

Would make sense for VEATS and least..like Lord Recluse slipping some destinied ones into Preatoria on the sneaky.

But the whole point of the VEAT storyline is that they're not destined ones.

10 hours ago, Vanden said:

True.  But that doesn't mean they couldn't be sent on a mission like those Blood Widows were.  

Kheldians are even easier.  They go from being an entire wave of strange visitors in the open .. to being rare ones that are not. 

Kheldian lore's a lot more involved than that. Not to mention that starting in Praetoria, you'd completely miss the 1-50 Kheld-specific story arcs.

If there are Praetorian EATs, let them be *praetorian* EATs. Not awkward shoehorning of things that don't make sense.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Lorewise, I'd want any VEAT's or HEAT's to start with new contacts, maybe for Heroes Dark Watcher could give you a pep talk about being an Undercover Longbow agent, or Arbiter Sands could instruct you that you are an Undercover Arachnos agent, and impress upon you the urgency of getting the information he wants, and "Glory to Lord Recluse, et cetera, et cetera..."

THEN have you go and make your first moral choice for Resistance or Loyalist.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vanden said:

Well.  Not until they beat up Destiny and take it's lunch money and write themselves in.

I mean, even if they weren't on the original Destined One list, if they fulfil the eventual criteria, then clearly they were Destined all along, and Destiny just had them take the scenic route to get there.

43 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Kheldian lore's a lot more involved than that. Not to mention that starting in Praetoria, you'd completely miss the 1-50 Kheld-specific story arcs.

If there are Praetorian EATs, let them be *praetorian* EATs. Not awkward shoehorning of things that don't make sense.

I'm with Greycat.  If it's to be an EAT then it should be a Praetorian story line based one.  Just not sure how I feel about "PEATs" 😜.  I'm not anywhere currently familiar enough with the story line these days to know just how much work that would involve ... beyond the obvious creation of one, or likely more, new archetypes.  Certainly it is far more work than coming up with reasons why HEATs and VEATs might be "visiting".

20 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I'm with Greycat.  If it's to be an EAT then it should be a Praetorian story line based one.  Just not sure how I feel about "PEATs" 😜.  I'm not anywhere currently familiar enough with the story line these days to know just how much work that would involve ... beyond the obvious creation of one, or likely more, new archetypes.  Certainly it is far more work than coming up with reasons why HEATs and VEATs might be "visiting".

PPD / Resistance characters would be cool 

4 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Most Eats/Veats skip their "At" specific arcs already ...

VEATs, maybe, they suck - I only play up to the level 10 to get a costume slot. I like and pretty much always play the Kheld arcs, though.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

17 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I'm with Greycat.  If it's to be an EAT then it should be a Praetorian story line based one.  Just not sure how I feel about "PEATs" 😜

Obviously the PEATs would involve hybrids with the Devouring Earth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Sorry we really shouldn't get bogged down over a name .

... I see what you did there. 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, ScarySai said:

Arachnos soldiers make Cole crabby, they're the bane of his existence.

I think Cole should consider it since he might be fortunate and meet a nice female VEAT to keep him company. After all, He is a Widower.

Edited by Mitchell