Hairless Hats!

Phanto

Right now whenever you wear a hat you can see a short hairstyle hanging out the back! What if you just want to be bald guy with a hat? Or a fully bandaged mummy with a hat?

Can we have the option to wear hats that exclude the hair? The hairless assets already exist in the game, they just need to be combined with hats.

Edited by Phanto
  • Like 2

Hairless, other hairstyles, including other hairstyles - on female you *must* have a ponytail with a ball cap and short (or, I suppose, pulled under the hat) with a fedora. So, yeah, my female characters' hair length can change multiple times in a night....

• Like 2

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

Folks are interested, as there have been a few threads which definitely hit upon this subject before.

As it stands right now, it seems that the Homecoming Team don't have access to the proprietary tools necessary to get new 3D assets in to the animated characters in the game.  The most they can do is jury rig some stuff by taking bits and bobs from one place and attach it to another.  Since the hats with hair were modelled as single piece assets, they can't be separated without the appropriate tools.

As ever, though, I would be very happy to be wrong about this.  I haven't seen any Homecoming Devs ever give a straight answer on this topic before.  The most we got was Jimmy saying that the Team wouldn't be enabling NPC costume pieces for players due to those pieces not meeting the Team's expectations of quality.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/14462-could-we-please-get-these-costume-pieces-moved-from-dev-only

• Like 1

This was one of the most requested Costume Designer changes on Live, it is just really difficult to implement.

• Like 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Just make the Hat and Hairstyle independant choices,, with "Bald" being one such choice.

I can understand certain "hairs" may not make sense and just not be available to be used with a hat.  (tall spikey Mender Silos hair, or giant exposed brain, etc)

But should be able to do long hair, or a low ponytail, or a crew cut, or barbarian hair, etc, regardless of if you wear a Fedora or a Santa Cap or a Bandana.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MTeague said:

Just make the Hat and Hairstyle independant choices,, with "Bald" being one such choice.

I can understand certain "hairs" may not make sense and just not be available to be used with a hat.  (tall spikey Mender Silos hair, or giant exposed brain, etc)

But should be able to do long hair, or a low ponytail, or a crew cut, or barbarian hair, etc, regardless of if you wear a Fedora or a Santa Cap or a Bandana.

I suspect that currently the hats and their hair are one single, inseparable mesh at the moment.

Until the 3D editing nut is cracked, they may be stuck that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MTeague said:

I'd actually love to be able to stick a bowler hat on top of a giant exposed brain as a disguise as my rogue wanders around paragon monologuing to himself about how he's fooled all the foolish fools.

I wonder if there's a chance any of the old devs had the old 3D modeling software on a computer at home that might one day get released into the wild or if something new will ever be made from scratch.

• Haha 1