Macro help - target and cast next teammate

Hi, i'm trying to create a macro that will allow me to select a teammate, cast power on them then next push selects the next teammate and casts. So far I've tried this, but it's not working, only seems to cast on first teammate. I believe the end of this gets truncated as well, so I am willing to use 2 macro's if necessary.

/macro EM1 "unselect$$team_select 1$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 2$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 3$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 4$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 5$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 6$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 7$$powexec_name enforced morale"$$"unselect$$team_select 8$$powexec_name enforced morale"

15 hours ago, CamdenJaxx said:

For this to work, you'll probably need to setup a rotating bind. Take a look at this section of The Incomplete and Unofficial Guide to /bind (Using Rotating Binds). Simply throw in the unselect, team select, and the powexec into each file you create.

This is the correct answer.  In order for a bind to move to the next "Section" the first section has to be in cooldown or in a cast state so it can be passed over.  Unlike some other games, CoH doesn't keep track of where a bind or macro is in the sequence and relies on game mechanics to do the grunt work.

2 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

That works until you hit the teammate that is just out of range of your power.  The rotating bind won't have that issue.

Certainly the first part of this is true, but you wouldn't be able to cast the buff anyway if the teammate is out of range no matter your binds. Using the above one-liner still does just as good of a job when the team is assembled.

• 1 year later

does anyone have a macro for Ice Shield and Glacial Shield on /Cold (corrs or doms or whatever) that will target nearest friendly and cast on them automatically - either 1 or both sheilds?  the "teammate" one above seems quite buggy.  

also if you know how to make the macro icon the actual power icon, that would be awesome.  Thx.

if you can't do 2 shields in one press, I'd appreciate one macro for each (with icons) that targets the nearest friend

Edited by brasilgringo

3 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

also if you know how to make the macro icon the actual power icon, that would be awesome.  Thx.

You could use the image macro command if you're talking about using the same image, but would have to know the power icon's file name. The wiki should have that info. The disadvantage is that you won't get that cooldown timer like the actual power icon. If you need to see the timer, maybe you could put the actual icon in a spare power tray off to the side so you can glance at it to check the timer, and put the macro version in your normal power tray.

• Like 1

• 10 months later
On 9/16/2020 at 12:51 PM, Agent X-49 said:

Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't the simplest form of this macro be:

/macro teamcast "powexecname Enforced Morale$$targetcustomnext alive teammate"

Description: Cycles through all teammates and casts Enforce Morale once on each.

No bind_load necessary?

It depends. The difference between /target_X commands and /team_select commands is that /target_X only works for targets that are in line of sight. Targets to the side and behind you can't be targeted. Whereas /team_select will select the target no matter where they are. I think the distance to target something using /target_X commands is perception distance, not power range. If my memory is correct,  /team_select doesn't have a targeting range limit.

The above macro will cycle through different teammates who are alive and within line of sight with each click.

To use /team_select you'll need to create either a rotating bind or a rotating macro (AKA text binds or text macros). 

What I usually end up doing for powers that buff teammates is assigning a /team_select bind to each of the keys on the number pad (1-8), and then activate the power using one of the other keys on the numberpad such as "0", ".", or "+", etc.  I'm not sure, but you might be able to assign /team_select to each key in Options--> Keymapping tab.

Also, I vaguely remember a problem with binds meant to target/select something and then execute a power when combined in the same bind string. I think the target needs to be solidly selected first, pause a few milliseconds, and then activate the power. To do this I used the "+" prefix in combination with /bind_load_file to create a rotating toggle key bind so that the target is selected on key press, and the power activated on key release, but it still doesn't work perfectly. If the key is pressed too quickly, it messes up... and it didn't work well for healing powers that are frantically being fired off during combat.   

Long story, short... I recommend just using the numberpad.

Edited by BlackSpectre

On 12/21/2021 at 10:09 PM, Tailcoat said:

You could use the image macro command if you're talking about using the same image, but would have to know the power icon's file name. The wiki should have that info. The disadvantage is that you won't get that cooldown timer like the actual power icon. If you need to see the timer, maybe you could put the actual icon in a spare power tray off to the side so you can glance at it to check the timer, and put the macro version in your normal power tray.

I actually move the actual power (or in some cases powers) to a separate tray and have the macro image in the slot I was going to use that way I can see the cooldowns in a central location.  This is the case with my Grav/Time where several location AoE's have been tweaked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)