Scrapper Breakdown!

Umagon 23

Hello! 

I never played a scrapper on live or here yet, but I kind of want to, to play with a team. Does anyone have a link, or be willing to give a sort of a scrapper break down? I'd like to know what the different primary and secondary are good at? maybe some tips on which are considered great and which are considered a little sluggish. 

thank you anyone who contributes  to the discussion. I'm really out of it on scrappers , but would love to learn more!

I will post on the stuff I know some sets I do not know enough about (note a lot of us on this forum do max builds)

Primaries I can speak about

Katana: really good single target ok aoe I use flashing to get cone for early level aoe some skip it all preference. Gamblers Cut always take as your first attack  if you stick an Achilles proc in it you can get -res on the bad guys doing more damage. Divine Avalanche is an attack it gives you +def when it hits to melee and lethal you can mix it into your attack chain to be more survivable as it requires. Rock solid set from top to bottom and utility

Broad Sword: Worse version of katana but can be used with shield but overall most people see it as the step child to Katana but is still playable

Claws: is generally consider a really fun set smooth and fast;  the aoe spin is really good and the attack chain uses follow up which buffs the other attacks instead of having build up a lot of people have been fans of claws for a long time

Dark Melee: really good single target got  a slight boost on shadow maul for aoe but really lacks a great aoe but heals itself as part of the attack chain you can use soul drain and dark consumption as aoe attacks workable but not some amazing omg damage

Dual Blades is really good set and  you can just use the attack vitals chain and hit really good dps and the finisher is an aoe I personally also take typhoon edge because I like the extra aoe attack 1k cuts and nimble slice are skip able. Now you can crank up the dps but using a lot and I mean a lot of recharge and not use the attack vitals chain but that is for the guys that love to push the dps to the ultimate edge but not needed. Oh and the set looks really flashy

Electric Melee: Great aoe and I mean stupid amounts of aoe really really bad single target damage; but man paired with shield and shield charge can be a blast in a large group and tons of mobs

Fire Melee: Damage more damage flexibility in attack chains that are really close together Fire Circle Sword is a great aoe burn baby  burn (One of my favorite sets for just raw power)

Martial Arts: Kind of in the middle some where the cool thing pretty sure it has not changed you can use a 4 attack chain no worries about a lot of recharge and you can skip eagle claw think it was Arcana on live that crunch all the numbers on MA but basically storm kick> crippling axe kick >cobra strike> crane kick {basically cobra and crane are interchangeable} is all you need for your ST chain dragons tail is consider pretty underwhelming but an aoe

Radiation I only played for a bit but it played a lot like Dark Melee with an eventual paboe pay off in atom smasher never made it that far like I said felt a lot like playing Dark Melee I have gotten 3 dark melee characters to 50 in COH

Spines is a fun set; single target got a boost when Barb Swipe was re done on live so way better single target then it use to have; quills ripper and throw spines are glorious fun aoe

Kinetic Melee also know as jazz hands I wanted to like the set a lot it does good single target damage but I think what it lacks is that hit that makes you go heck yea some people love the set but it plays and feels like I kill you with 1000 little stings hope that makes sense

Titian weapons I have not played it much I gave up on it real quick it felt to clunky for me. Yes the set  is all the rage for damage etc but I really did not care for the momentum mechanic myself.

I have not done Battle Axe or Mace but they seem pretty straight forward weapon attacks with knock downs, up and in mace case stuns

Psionics have not played but some people say late game it can really suck when you start hitting all the robots may have to get better info from some one that has played the set

Savage and Street justice I can not help out on either hope someone else can chime in on those sets

Ice is another I can only tell you Ice path is funny when dropped in a room of minions

Secondaries I will have to wait for another day and will be a separate post in this thread

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 9/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Umagon 23 said:

Hello! 

I never played a scrapper on live or here yet, but I kind of want to, to play with a team. Does anyone have a link, or be willing to give a sort of a scrapper break down? I'd like to know what the different primary and secondary are good at? maybe some tips on which are considered great and which are considered a little sluggish. 

thank you anyone who contributes  to the discussion. I'm really out of it on scrappers , but would love to learn more!

I copy here a Discord chat i made with a friend about mélée powers 🙂

It's ugly but it's food for thought 😛

meleebreakdown.PNG.1ed33f59398136133d5d23d4cdbf80a3.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

Scrapper Secondaries

OK I am going to break these down by several categories because they play different some scrapper sets have taunt auras so you can and do pull aggro some sets are stronger than others; non taunt aura sets and non taunt aura no Knock back protection.

I also like to note a lot of the discussions on this form about builds if you read them later are about high IO builds and squeezing as much as you can out of the build  for primaries and secondaries scrappers on these forums while lets say we get scrapper lock even when not fighting the enemies

Taunt Aura Sets

Bio Armor: Note I only play this a little on dev system it never made live and I have not played it yet here to but the basics is a clicky (any time you here clicky set a lot of pro active mitigation required) has some flexibility with adaption; we call these type sets layered protection resistance/regen/ type defense  active clicks for regen

Shield: This is probably the best secondary for boosting your damage note any two handed weapon set does not work with shields katana/staff etc layered positional defense/resistance /-damage status protection is a click so not permanent until higher levels with recharge put in most just set the auto click and you just need two slots and SO's for perma and the thing that makes it so popular damage buff aura and shield charge. No heal or regen from the set but this is still my favorite secondary

Invulnerability: Old school still rock solid as always resistance/type defense based with dull pain heal + max HP increase also has + to hit  not as popular as it was back in the day; not a s flashy as the newer stuff but is still rock solid of a set.

Radiation Armor: Resistance/regen can be clicky with two main powers and one of the clicks has -regen then an aura that gives -tohit and a small recharge bonus I liek this set but I will clarify some things about the sets at the end.

Energy Aura: type defense/heal/recharge bonus and endurance /- endurance power  this set is weird it has a weak taunt aura (compared to the above sets) for the recharge and stealth I skip the stealth because I want the taunt to be more effective this is another set I enjoy

Will Power: Resistance/type defense/regen/extra endurance this is the set we call set it and forget it set may be the most robust secondary for scrappers the taunt aura is weaker compared to the others people have accomplished a lot of dumb stuff with this secondary.

Non Taunt Aura Sets

Electric Armor: resistance based/heal/- endurance power to refill the endurance bar has a dot damage aura i found the set underwhelming

Ice armor: type defense/heal+max hp/-dmg/slow/-recharge  this set also has a damage aura but later in the build than most. Chilling embrace does not have a a taunt aura but can draw aggro this can cause problems early levels sometimes in a group just be aware of that since you get it at level 4.

Super Reflexes : positional defense/scaling resistance best  debuff resistance in the game like shield has a click mez protection see above notes +recharge and + run speed in quickness really need all the secondary powers but elude; easiest set to softcap use to be my favorite secondary until shields and I can no longer play scrapper sets with out taunt auras

Ninjitsu: positional defense/toxic resistance/heal a lot like SR with utilities in the set no scaling resistance and ddr is not as good but still similar play style

Regeneration: Regen/heal more regen and more heals/extra endurance this is probably one of the most clicky sets now (was different in the original days some stuff  use to be a toggle) this set runs this line of alive or dead on the health bar is the best way to describe the set.; one can say the weakness of the set is tons of mobs it can be overwhelmed real easy by them but it plays fine and is the favorite of quite a few people.

No Taunt/No Knock Back Protection

Dark Armor: The utility tool box of the scrapper world. Resistance including the best psi resistance/ stealth and control with cof or gloom I use to use gloom but switch to cloak of fear only because it also has a -tohit debuff  has damaging aura a great heal that does rely on hitting mobs needs IO's or acrobatics to fill lack of KB protection

Fire Armor: resistance/heal/best damage aura and burn the issue with scrapper since fire lacks a taunt aura the burn patch under performs because the mobs run out of the patch due to fear unlike brutes  maybe the worse secondary for scrappers because of that its power is in extra damage but the mobs run from the damage head bang.  In fact the best paring for fire is probably the ice primary because of ice patch + burn is good. Also the KB hole plug required like Dark Armor

These are some extra notes on scrappers secondaries to consider

At high end of play most prefer defense it is easier to cap and remember on resistance based only sets we are capped at 75% resistance and a smaller Hit point pool compared to brutes/tanks

That is why you see the post about high IO investment and getting the s/l defense to at least 45% or close even with out ddr because it helps take it over the top against 90% of the content. That is not to say it is all bad it just depends on what level of play you are going for if you are just running regular missions in groups you would never know the difference and take whats fun if you want to take it into the stratosphere of play while then the build becomes different .

I hope that helps with some basics

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 2

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

A lot depends on the secondary you plan on combining it with.  For instance ---

- Defensive sets like Shield, Super Reflexes, Invulnerability, and  Ninjawhatever benefit from the -tohit in Dark Melee. 

- Sets without self heals like Invulnerability, Willpower, and Shield likewise benefit from the reliable self-heal of Dark Melee and the somewhat less reliable one of Radiation Melee. 

- It's both easier and better to add defense to a resistance based armor set than it is to add resistance to a defense armor set.  Resistance sets include Fire, Dark, Electric.  Defense based armor sets include Shield, Reflexes, Energy, and Ninj..... Invulnerabity, Willpower, and Bio have a bit of both.   Regen is mostly none of the above. 

Broadsword adds defense but is weak in the AoE department, and is probably more beneficial for tankers or tanking brutes than it is for scrappers.  If you want a classic weapon go Mace or Katana. 

High endurance cost secondaries like Dark Armor, which has a solid self heal but no recovery power, benefit a great deal from Savage and Staff, both of which have ways to generate an endurance discount. 

Another consideration is whether you have an aura that taunts and can be slotted for taunts.  Willpower and Invulnerability are the ones off the top of my head that do.  If you want your scrapper to be able to weade into large spawns, a taunt aura will keep them from running away.  Armor sets that you'd think would have that but don't, like Fire, find themselves confronted with many runners. 

As you can see it's complicated.  What do you want your scrapper to do, and what kind of concepts are you looking at?  Do you mind the various funks and glows that something like Bio or Fire armors will saddle you with? 

For a first scrapper, I'd suggest something like Mace/Willpower.  Control to shore up your defenses, and both are simple and easy to operate without difficult mechanics. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Thank you all for the good information! i'll use this going forward.

I ended up making a warmace / shield!  I play with a tanker and corruptor friend so. i've been focusing on just smashing things with the mace. it's pretty fun so far, i'm eager for the weird shield powers, they sound very fun. I played a mace tanker back in origional city of heroes for most of my time there and i always told myself i'd want to try one as a scrapper. that's a large contributor to  my choice :)

i think i'm level 12 now? it's fun so far.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclamer : this is my point of view for each scrapper armor i have played, built and enjoyed in very late endgame and extreme conditions. I m not a lvl 49- player so YMMV (AKA i almost never play) under lvl 50 and i have powerleveled 99% of my 141 level 50 and i m multi bilionaire.

BIO ARMOR :

Way to protect, from stronger to weaker :

• Absorb / Regen and heal / Debuff / Def

Strenghts :

• One of the best + Damage armor, Offensive Adaptation providing a +Toxic Damage (allowing you to have even more damage when caped)
  • Love very crowed fight : more you have target around you, more you can have regen / recovery / heal / absorb with DNA siphon and Parasitive
  • Have one of the best recovery tools of the game : by slotting the unique Theft of essence IO (lvl 30) chance of endurance in DNA siphon AND Parasitive.
  • One of the best Damage aura of the game : being the only one to provide damage AND an utility : - Damage.
  • Once lvl 28/30 with DNA siphon, Ablative Carapace and Adaptation (for efficient) sloted, you are godlike in a crowd.
  • Top Toxic Resistance
  • Recharge resistance debuff
  • Considered top tier armor for PVP

Weaknesses :

• Defence based armor set with NO Defence Debuff Resistance AT ALL.
  • Defence Holes In both Smash and Lethal Defence (being one of the main source of -Defence attack like firearms and blades)
  • Can be very weak against 1 very strong enemy : Both DNA siphon and Parasitive needs several targets (or even cadavers for DNA lol) to be extremly strong.
  • Very tied to recharge for Ablative / DNA / Parasitive, Vulnerable to Recharge debuff
  • No fear / confuse protection
  • No Tohit debuff resistance / sensible to Blind
  • No Recovery resistance
  • Before lvl 28/30, solo can be tricky.
  • Need Billionaire Budget and a good build to use in optimal conditions, it's easy (and very usual) to fail a Bio build.

SHIELD :

• Defence / Hit points / Resistance / debuff

Strenghts :

• Against all Odds is a nice add damage tied to the number of targets around you : giving up to 81,25% damage buff with 10 targets within 8' radius around you, Making it oone of the only armors set to provide damage buff (on top of debuffing the damage of targets). 
  • Grant cover gives the unique ability to massively buff the defence of people around you, with the awesome synergy with Phalanx Fighting buffing you for people around you.
  • Add a massive area damage burst with Shield Charge (and the oportunity to use a Force Feedback Chance of recharge proc)
  • Can reach Health cap with ease.
  • Have a strong Resistance set for a Defence set.
  • Active defense can double stack
  • Fear / confuse Protection

Weaknesses :

• Only 50% Defence debuff resistance.

Shields can get >70% DDR with Active Defense double-stacked.

It does mean it has to be more carefully managed if you've got Hasten on auto-fire, since you need to fire it off more often, but it's just one click, so.

Thanks to @Eva Destruction 🙂

• Active defence need to be manage, making another click not to forget.
  • No heal or way to regen beside the max hp buff.
  • No recovery or + endurance powers.
  • Psi resistance hole

INVULNERABILITY

• Defence / Hit points / Resistance / Heal

Strenghts :

• Providing Defence, resistance, HP buff, this set is extremly tough, maybe the toughest.
  • Invincibility have the unique ability to be able to slot a Gaussian proc tied to the number of target around you, allowing to enjoy double stacks of +80% damage
  • In high endgame content, resistance scrappers have better survival ability than defence one.

Weaknesses :

• No recovery or + endurance powers.
  • Psi resistance hole

RADIATION ARMOR :

• Resist / Absorb / Regen and heal / Debuff 

Strenghts :

• One of the best + Damage armor, Provide 2 Area mini nukes, Recharge self buff and a 30%  41.25% damage buff. (kudos to @InvaderStych 🙂 )
  • The absorb mechanic with def of bio is powerfull, Rad armor's one with such resistance is Sex. Making it one of the toughest armor set.
  • Have one of the best recovery tools of the game : by slotting the unique Theft of essence IO (lvl 30) chance of endurance in Radiation Therapy : can absorb the triple Endurance crash of Rad super strenght Brute and tanker with ease (Rage, hasten, metldown)
  • Meltdown is the unique T9 with low crash having Recharge modification (VS shield and Willpower)
  • The Meltdown crash is a joke.
  • Recharge resistance debuff
  • Can hit up to 30 targets with Ground zero
  • Can Sub heal his team / pet with Ground Zero
  • Tohit debuff, regen debuff

Weaknesses :

• Before lvl 28/30 and having Rad therapy and particule shielding slotted, can be hard to survive.
  • Need Billionaire Budget and a good build to use in optimal conditions, it's easy (and very usual) to fail a Rad build.

ENERGY AURA :

• Defence / Regen / Heal

Strenghts :

• Can reach insane level of defence, litterally absorbing Defence and Endurance.
  • One of the best endurance management of the game with both endurance reduction (energize) and Endurance drain
  • very tough once we understand that Energize is a regen / endurance Eco power BEFORE a heal.
  • Built in stealth to rush missions with only one io needed
  • Recharge buff debuffing enemies
  • one of the best T9 of the game, can be reused with Burn out : only this combo make it a top tier PVP armor.

Weaknesses :

• Psi hole
  • No + damage mechanic raising the dps
  • No Confuse / fear protection
  • sensible to instant unlucky death having no +HP buff or high enough resistance.

WILLPOWER :

• Regen / defence / Hp buff / resistance

Strenghts :

• Providing Defence, Hp buff, automatic regen and Massive Smash lethal Psi resistance, Willpower is ver tough
  • love crowd fight due to regen tied to the number of targets.
  • to hit debuff with defence
  • basic + recovery buff
  • Fear / confuse protection
  • built in + perception, imune to blind
  • Willpower is the best armor to feel mighty without using any survival power in normal game / endgame

Weaknesses :

• Only 17,3% Defence debuff resistance.
  • No + damage mechanics
  • Very basic recovery buff, unable to sustain the extreme endurance consumer by himself
  • No recovery / endurance drain resistance debuff
  • having no surival coooldown to play with or to custom, you cant bypass your limits (limits directly tied to the quality / price of the gear, thus can be trash to extremly tough)

ELECTRIC ARMOR :

• Resistance / Regen / Heal

Strenghts :

• One of the best endurance management of the game with both endurance reduction (energize) and Endurance drain allowing Elec to sustain any form of attack set.
  • very tough once we understand that Energize is a regen / endurance Eco power BEFORE a heal.
  • In high endgame content, resistance scrappers have better survival ability than defence one.
  • immune to endurance / recovery drain or debuff
  • Damage aura + Self recharge buff for more damage.

Weaknesses :

• Toxic hole
  • can be built for extrem survival (solo) but at the pric of all dps options
  • T9 useless due to scrapper 75% resist cap with hard endurance crash
  • No Knockback protection while flying / jumping
  • No tohit protection, sensible to blind

ICE ARMOR :

Not played myself on scrapper

SUPER REFLEX :

• Defence / Defence / Defence and Defence

Strenghts :

• Can reach insane level of defence
  • BEST Defence debuff resistance without the need of T9
  • Interesting mechanic of self Resistance buff tied to the level of health : the more you re hurt, the more resistance you have
  • Self recharge buff
  • 40% self recharge resistance Debuff
  • Practiced Brawler can double stack
  • Confuse protection

Weaknesses :

• No heal, regen or Stam / recovery management AT ALL
  • The self resistance mechanic is directly tied to HP amount and resistance cap : the 2 main weaknesses of scrapper, directly handicaping scrapper for SR : once you reach max resistance, you dont have enough hp left to stay alive with max 75% resistance
  • the resistance mechanic have toxic and psi holes...
  • Practised Brawler need to be manage, making another click not to forget.
  • No fear protection
  • No usefull T9

NINJUTSU :

• Defence / heal / control

Strenghts :

• good level of defence
  • Self heal tied to recharge : more you have, the more you can heal you (and buff your toxic resistance)
  • Self + endurance tied to recharge : allow Ninjutsu to sustain any attack set
  • Psi resistance
  • Kuji In rin can double stack
  • Confuse / fear protection
  • Built in +perception, immune to blind
  • active defence with Blinding powder : bebuffing tohit / perception and mainly confusing people
  • Auto crit every 20 seconds out of combat

Weaknesses :

• Only 34.6% Defence debuff resistance : even the T9 "only" give 69,2% (still insanely tough)
  • Kuji In rin need to be click
  • no early knockback Protection and "only" 5.19 protection and 173% resistance later (lvl 28) with Bo Ryaku
  • No + damage mechanics The auto crit is great to burst but is not really a great add for DPS.

REGEN :

• Imune to nerf / Regen / Max hp buff + heal / Cooldowns /

Strenghts :

• Heals and max hp buff tied to recharge
  • That's it. (before you invest in Barrier incarnate)
  • Top tier set for pvp, cause all the regen / heal is incredible vs 1 or 2 targets with PVP caps.

Weaknesses :

• No defence, no DDR
  • no real resistance outside of the "15 seconds of glory"
  • No + damage mechanics
  • should have a 10 sec recharge self resurect to level up
  • at lvl 50, a full slotting will give regen the basic survival of a bio or willpower.

DARK ARMOR :

• Resistance and Heal / control

Strenghts :

• Best heal tied to recharge : an endgame well built can 100%+ self heal every 10 sec or less. 
  • No real resistance holes : an endgame build can almost cap all resist
  • 2 control aura allowing dark amor to control the battlefield
  • Damage aura
  • built in perception and stealth, immune to blind allow to rush missions with only one io.
  • fear protection
  • good endurance and recovery protection

Weaknesses :

• can be built for extrem survival (solo) but at the price of all dps options
  • huge endurance drain and no endurance tool.
  • No T9
  • No Knockback protection
  • No confuse protection
  • requires costly build to be good (but can become godlike with the right build and massive investment)

FIERY ARMOR :

• Resistance and Heal

Strenghts :

• Direct contender to Bio armor for top +damage armor of the game : Fiery embrace is powerfull because it s extra damage as the bio offensive adaptation : so when you're damage cap in a team you still raise your damage above the roof
  • best damage aura for DPS
  • good heal
  • provide a very very strong multi target attack with Burn
  • good endurance management providing a 50% endurance drain resistance
  • Used in Fixed teams for years for speedruns.

Weaknesses :

• can be built for extrem survival (solo) but at the price of all dps options
  • No T9
  • No fear, confuse and Knockback protection
  • Psi hole

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Umagon 23 said:

Thank you all for the good information! i'll use this going forward.

I ended up making a warmace / shield!  I play with a tanker and corruptor friend so. i've been focusing on just smashing things with the mace. it's pretty fun so far, i'm eager for the weird shield powers, they sound very fun. I played a mace tanker back in origional city of heroes for most of my time there and i always told myself i'd want to try one as a scrapper. that's a large contributor to  my choice 🙂

i think i'm level 12 now? it's fun so far.

amazing 🙂

Shield is perfect for teamplay : you will cover your friend.

Warmace is in the Top 5 attack set of the game with ease, you cannot go wrong !

tenor.gif

Go Clobber 🙂

With some heal support and ageless Core incarnate, you can become a real good asset controling and one shot things while covering your tanker and coruptor friend !

Good synergy choice !

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

Only 62,28% Defence debuff resistance : need Elude to be caped

This is the only thing that jumped out at me. SR gets capped DDR without elude on tanks, brutes and scrappers. Matter of fact, elude is just plain useless.

Edit for major typo.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

14 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This is the only thing that jumped out at me. SR gets capped DDR without elude on tanks, brutes and scrappers. Matter of fact, elude is just plain useless.

Edit for major typo.

yeah, sorry i was wrong 🙂

it's not so low but it s still not capped on scrappers 😛

srddr.PNG.098532052fb7524560b540af06ecaf1c.PNG

at leat, on mine

ho, i forgot too the strong 40% recharge debuff resistance ^^

Edited by Tsuko

11 hours ago, Tsuko said:

One of the best + Damage armor, Provide 2 Area mini nukes, Recharge self buff and a 30% damage buff.

Scrappers get 41.25%. Brutes and Tanks get 33%.  For what that's worth.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to write those out.

• Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

12 hours ago, Tsuko said:

ENERGY AURA :

• Defence / Regen / Heal

Strenghts :

• Can reach insane level of defence, litterally absorbing Defence and Endurance.
  • One of the best endurance management of the game with both endurance reduction (energize) and Endurance drain
  • Built in stealth to rush missions with only one io needed
  • one of the best T9 of the game, can be reused with Burn out : only this combo make it a top tier PVP armor.

Weaknesses :

• Psi hole
  • No + damage mechanic raising the dps
  • No Confuse / fear protection
  • sensible to instant unlucky death having no +HP buff or high enough resistance.

Does Scrapper Energy Aura get a weak Taunt Aura?  Or just an Aura that does a Debuff?

49 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Does Scrapper Energy Aura get a weak Taunt Aura?  Or just an Aura that does a Debuff?

Both of them 🙂

Taunt mag 3 for 2,25 seconds on mid's.

IG i feeled a bit less "runner" in solo but yeah it's s..it

Edited by Tsuko

45 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

No taunt aura, just -recharge debuff.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Scrappers get 41.25%. Brutes and Tanks get 33%.  For what that's worth.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to write those out.

thank to you 🙂

PS : i play too much tankers :x

I’m going to limit my contribution to a few primaries and a few secondaries. 

Stand out primaries:

War Mace - the slightly weaker little brother of Titan weapons. This set has great single target damage with lots of very hard hitting attacks. It also has really good AoE. Top tier. It also feels great to play. 

Dark Melee - Great single target damage and respectable AoE since Shadow maul was buffed. A super awesome build up replacement in soul drain. Soul drain is what all other build up powers wish they could be. Has built in mitigation to boost your survivability if you want to shore up any weakness in the secondary. The built in mitigation includes to-hit debuffs on attacks and one of your hard hitting attacks also heals you.  Dark melee also has a great endurance recovery power to help with hungry secondaries. Absolute joy to play. 

Martial Arts - yeah yeah I know lots of people think martial arts is weak. I’m not saying it couldn’t use some tweaks, but it is popular for a reason.  It is fast paced, stylistic, and just plain fun. Has one of the best tier two powers out of all sets.  Just be aware it is kind of an endurance hog. Still super fun though. 

Stand out secondaries:

Energy Aura - I always advocate for energy aura as one of the best secondaries available.  It has basically everything you could want in a secondary. Super easy to soft cap typed defense even without taking maneuvers. Has some respectable baseline resists that stack with set bonuses, tough, and you can even throw rune of protection in. It has a good heal that doubles as a great endurance reduction. It also has a scaling recharge bonus that helps push your damage by attacking faster.  Pairs well with any primary. 

Shield Defense:  Great all around set that has good defense and get pretty good resists when built right. The two standouts in this set is Against All Odds (AAO) and shield charge. AAO provides a nice damage bonus when fighting lots of enemies and shield charge is really nice to shore up any AoE weakness a primary has. Also a top tier set. 

Super Reflexes:  The best defense of all sets. Can get really good resists as well when your health gets lower. Has a nice recharge bonus to help push damage. Super easy and loose slotting allows you to chase various bonuses and procs to help push your damage. 

Now for some truly amazing combinations:

Dark Melee/Shield Defense - these sets were made for each other. They synergize better than any other combination in my opinion. Soul drain + AAO provides a ludicrous damage bonus that has a super high uptime. Shield charge supplements the historical lack of AoE on dark melee. However, dark melee AoE really isn’t all that bad since Shadow maul got buffed.  Siphon life (heal attack on dark melee) provides decent healing, which shield lacks.  This combination has it all. This is my absolute favorite scrapper combo by miles.

Martial Art/Super Reflexes - a popular classic. Great for the “natural” themed concepts. Feels fast paced and is a lot of fun. 

War Mace/Energy Aura - this combination is strong and pretty.  All jokes aside, when you take one of the strongest primaries and couple it with one of the strongest secondaries of course it’s going to work out well. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I saw having to manage active defense no you don't with /sr and /shield etc etc you shift + left click and set for auto recharge when you hit 2 SO's with recharge you are perma

1 hour ago, hejtmane said:

I saw having to manage active defense no you don't with /sr and /shield etc etc you shift + left click and set for auto recharge when you hit 2 SO's with recharge you are perma

Hasten's duration is 2 minutes. PB's duration is 2 minutes. Hasten gets the autoclick and it tells me when to click PB so PB only has a single end-red in it. Slot saved!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Hasten's duration is 2 minutes. PB's duration is 2 minutes. Hasten gets the autoclick and it tells me when to click PB so PB only has a single end-red in it. Slot saved!

Yes that as while