PvP friendlier gates

MsSmart

I really do  not PvP much, in fact I am a badge hunter.

As a result I had to visit the various PvP areas to earn my badges, not being into the PvP scene, it was a nightmare trying to figure how to get to the zones, if I am going to Recluse's Victory, on red side I haver to go to the tower and then by some arcane feat of knowledge, know to look behind the map? common, that is stupid!

Perhaps the portals that can send you to many locations could include PvP zones such as bloody bay, etc?

Also while at it, can you at Cimerora to the oro portal?

Thank you

Sue

I don't think Cimerora would "fit," personally. Yes, I know it would be convenient, but the other portals just send you to other locations, not thousands of years back in time.

(Also, I don't think you meant "common" there. "Come on," though...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Oro is a time and dimension place, so the cimerora destination is reasonable from that context, if not suggest, please! another much friendlier way to get to cimerora. The university and LFG are not good ways, so please suggest, be constructive, for a player friendly way

Thank you

6 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I really do  not PvP much, in fact I am a badge hunter.

As a result I had to visit the various PvP areas to earn my badges, not being into the PvP scene, it was a nightmare trying to figure how to get to the zones, if I am going to Recluse's Victory, on red side I haver to go to the tower and then by some arcane feat of knowledge, know to look behind the map? common, that is stupid!

Perhaps the portals that can send you to many locations could include PvP zones such as bloody bay, etc?

Also while at it, can you at Cimerora to the oro portal?

Thank you

Sue

As long as you know what zones to access the PvP zones from (Bloody Bay: Skyway/Cap au Diable, Siren's Call: Steel Canyon/Sharkhead, Warburg: Kings Row/St. Martial, Recluse's Victory: Atlas Park/Grandville) you can use the dot on the map to find the entrance.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Oro is a time and dimension place, so the cimerora destination is reasonable from that context, if not suggest, please!

They are literally enemies so that will never bode, it would be like saying Talos Island ferry should have access to Mercy Island because you get to both via boat. The only more "player friendly" means I could think of that could make sense is Pocket D via Null the Gull or some other secret entrance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monos King said:

They are literally enemies so that will never bode, it would be like saying Talos Island ferry should have access to Mercy Island because you get to both via boat. The only more "player friendly" means I could think of that could make sense is Pocket D via Null the Gull or some other secret entrance.

Unless, of course, a future update has the Menders going to Cimerora to stop midnighter meddling post ITF... There are ways to get it to work, features don't have to be excluded because I'd hope all of homecomings groundwork will lead to great things to come.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Oro is a time and dimension place, so the cimerora destination is reasonable from that context, if not suggest, please! another much friendlier way to get to cimerora. The university and LFG are not good ways, so please suggest, be constructive, for a player friendly way

The original plan for Live, later in the Incarnate storylines (from the Lore AMA) was to have greater interaction between the Midnighters (Dream Doctor) and Ouroboros because that was the only way against Battalion.  At that point in the story it might have become appropriate to have an Ouro portal drop to Cimerora.

At the current point in the story, though, the Midnighters specifically tell you when you join that they're trying to stay under Ouroboros' radar and their Aspect of the Pillar isn't sanctioned by Ouroboros.

I could almost imagine the addition of a SG portal beacon, but the SG portals are (lorewise) linked through the City's and Isles' teleportation systems so that's not appropriate by itself.  One could justify it by the character's own invention (or by other means) because you have access to both the teleportation systems and the Pillar of Ice and Flame.

A PvP Zone hub might be a nice feature, though.  A small, compact neutral alignment zone like Pocket D that has access to all the PvP zones.  Or hell, just adding such a hub to Pocket D itself.  Might even encourage some more PvP diversity, rather than Recluse's Victory dominating the scene so much.

30 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

The original plan for Live, later in the Incarnate storylines (from the Lore AMA) was to have greater interaction between the Midnighters (Dream Doctor) and Ouroboros because that was the only way against Battalion.  At that point in the story it might have become appropriate to have an Ouro portal drop to Cimerora.

I do recall the future plans from the AMA's; it would've been great to see how those stories would have played out. If we had seen that storyline come to fruition then seeing travel between the two would work, most likely unlocked with completing a trial or arc.

So yeah, not never necessarily but definitely wouldn't be added without some story related precedent.