General Feedback

Number Six

50 minutes ago, Heartsong928 said:

I had been using the new launcher fine for a week or so and now I get this message too.  Game still works fine if I launch with Tequila.

Same here.  I can do a fresh install...and it works great...until I try to launch the game again later....then I get "Could not load bootstrap package....."

• City Council

Looks like it's failing to rename launchercli.exe in place after an update. The download is successfully, it just can't install it. I know we've had some AV false positives on that file (Bitdefender is the one I remember). A little weird since it does nothing except run the main launcher with a console window attached, but for whatever reason they don't like that.

Any way to check and see if there are any recent applications blocked?

27 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Looks like it's failing to rename launchercli.exe in place after an update. The download is successfully, it just can't install it. I know we've had some AV false positives on that file (Bitdefender is the one I remember). A little weird since it does nothing except run the main launcher with a console window attached, but for whatever reason they don't like that.

Any way to check and see if there are any recent applications blocked?

Yeah...I have Bitdefender...it does NOT like it at all.  Before I jumped through hoops yesterday to temporarily shut down Bitdefender so I could reinstall...I got this: 

Feature:
Online Threat Prevention
We blocked this dangerous page for your protection: http://cdn.homecomingservers.com/hc/launcher/2744/win32/launchercli.exe.xz Accessed by: launcher.exe Threat name: Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.6013 Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

• City Council

I ran all the files through VirusTotal and everything is coming back clean except for the 32-bit version of launchercli, which BitDefender and a couple of other oddball engines are flagging. Amusing that it doesn't like that, but has no problem with the 64-bit launchercli that has the exact same behavior...

I saw someone mention that the particular heuristic (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa) may be related to an executable that don't have an icon. Which is... an odd thing to detect potential malware with, but ok. I'll slap an icon on it in the next build and see if it makes any difference.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Number Six said:

I ran all the files through VirusTotal and everything is coming back clean except for the 32-bit version of launchercli, which BitDefender and a couple of other oddball engines are flagging. Amusing that it doesn't like that, but has no problem with the 64-bit launchercli that has the exact same behavior...

I saw someone mention that the particular heuristic (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa) may be related to an executable that don't have an icon. Which is... an odd thing to detect potential malware with, but ok. I'll slap an icon on it in the next build and see if it makes any difference.

My guess there is that actual malicious files are likely still of the 32bit variants for now.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

3 hours ago, zenblack said:

Is there a reference file for the commands that are accepted and the syntax in the launcher command line parameter?

I would like to see this added to the Wiki once we know what they are and How to format them. When I used my "-maxinactivefps 5" I used the old shortcut method with the dash at the beginning. I've not noticed an issue and id does seem to work that way.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

4 hours ago, Number Six said:

Thanks, turning off BitDefender while it updated worked.  Love the new launcher!

I have been running the Launcher now for about a month with no probs, excluding having to reset my graphics options, but now, after patch day, I run the launcher and select Homecoming, like usual, the game launches normally, but when I log in to the game it tells me " Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20201107_3213, client 20201006_2439".  In the Homecoming Settings, I have "Automatically update Homecoming" checked.  Why is the patcher not running, and how can I run the patcher?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tidma said:

I have been running the Launcher now for about a month with no probs, excluding having to reset my graphics options, but now, after patch day, I run the launcher and select Homecoming, like usual, the game launches normally, but when I log in to the game it tells me " Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20201107_3213, client 20201006_2439".  In the Homecoming Settings, I have "Automatically update Homecoming" checked.  Why is the patcher not running, and how can I run the patcher?

I'm getting the same thing on my Mac and my (slightly old) Desktop PC my more modern Laptop however loads up just fine.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

20 minutes ago, tidma said:

Update: I tried running the launcher again just now, and it started updating automatically upon start.  Launched game, and it launched A-Ok.  Not sure what the glitch was.

• City Council
48 minutes ago, tidma said:

Update: I tried running the launcher again just now, and it started updating automatically upon start.  Launched game, and it launched A-Ok.  Not sure what the glitch was.

The error was on our side but, it has been fixed.

• 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later