Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 Open Beta

Jimmy

3 hours ago, Arnabas said:

I am personally most interested in new story content. SOme of the other stuff is cool, and I certainly appreciate the work you guys do, but it sounds like the net effect is to make the game even easier, which is a surprising decision.

It . . . really isn't. I've not seen anything from HC that says they wanted to make the game any more challenging than it was, just that they were doing tweaks towards better balance. Not the mass overhaul that some expected and discussed in that long thread that had simply unrealistic expectations.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arnabas said:

I am personally most interested in new story content. SOme of the other stuff is cool, and I certainly appreciate the work you guys do, but it sounds like the net effect is to make the game even easier, which is a surprising decision.

By bringing up the power of some of the older sets relative to the newer ones they make it possible to add more difficult high level content that won't be too hard for the weaker sets.

On 10/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, Wavicle said:

This seems like a legitimate concern [Teleport Target 20 second recharge]. Is it possible for the recharge to vary based on the usage?

I just tested it (should have done that before complaining) in Beta: Targeting an ally is a 6 second recharge, targeting a foe is 20 seconds.

Edited by scorpiorex

I'd like to focus on the  Costume Editor Updates. I like the changes for the most part, but I do see some issues. 

1) When dividing the right/left on the gloves (My example is from the female toon), the Steampunk gloves are missing. I don't know if this is intentional, or accidental when the option was implemented.

2) the ability to do right/left on the boots, gloves, and shoulders is awesome, why is not some of the costume parts moved to a Neck category? parts like neck chain, heavy neck chain, spiked collar, Gunslinger 1 and 2, Victorian Steampunk 1 and 2, Neck Bolts, Jester, and bow tie (I'm sure I missed a lot). But these a parts that are applied to the neck of the character, but are in the shoulder, and head details 2, and I never understood why this is.

and this is just what I can think of off the top of my head. and I know I'm suggesting on creating a new category all together in the Editor, but can we do this and move these parts to so that it can even increase the costume options? 

I did a mock screenshot of what I was hoping to be able to do with one of my toons, hope it makes the point I was going for.

screenshot_201029-10-59-47.jpg

On 10/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, Cinnder said:

This is definitely a legitimate concern.  One of this game's greatest strengths over other MMOs is that ATs and power sets play so differently.  I would dearly hate to lose that.

Agreed.  For example, my main is Energy Melee, and just speeding the two big hits a little and increasing Whirling Hands damage would have solved the single target DPS and AOE problems without changing the set. 

Hi Cinn 🙂

Edited by TheEmpyrean

5 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Small note, I don't think "Rogue Isles" should be in the list of Paragon City zones that can be unlocked. Nor should "Praetoria" be listed among the Rogue Isles.

image.png

Hi, this wasn't noted in the second beta build patch notes, but the description has been changed in game. It was reported earlier in a separate forum in the beta feedback section specifically for teleport(s) and it's powers: here

Edited by Glacier Peak
Spelling
  • Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just now, killigraphy said:

Gonna miss base portal out the gate, for veterans of the game, it was just nice to slog through areas when you're badge hunting or those horrible IP missions shown up in  TF's.

Have you gone on test and seen what the other travel options are doing now?

I barely notice the difference because of how frequently the other options are now available.

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Have you gone on test and seen what the other travel options are doing now?

I barely notice the difference because of how frequently the other options are now available.

Going from no cooldown vs several cooldowns per port, is definitely noticeable....

For me its something veterans should be given, as thats who was using it either way. It didn't break the game nor did it ruin story....its just a fast TP. If you've done any kind of TF involving IP you understand the facepalm that is getting rid of it. Its a meh for me, they could've focused on so many other things, getting rid of TP wasn't on anyone's mind.

21 minutes ago, killigraphy said:

Going from no cooldown vs several cooldowns per port, is definitely noticeable....

For me its something veterans should be given, as thats who was using it either way. It didn't break the game nor did it ruin story....its just a fast TP. If you've done any kind of TF involving IP you understand the facepalm that is getting rid of it. Its a meh for me, they could've focused on so many other things, getting rid of TP wasn't on anyone's mind.

In fact we were told a while ago that the macro was a dev tool players were never supposed to have. And this gripe about what they "could have focused on" is ridiculous. Look at ALL THE OTHER NEW STUFF in this issue. It's not like the Base Macro is the major feature of the issue.

19 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

In fact we were told a while ago that the macro was a dev tool players were never supposed to have. And this gripe about what they "could have focused on" is ridiculous. Look at ALL THE OTHER NEW STUFF in this issue. It's not like the Base Macro is the major feature of the issue.

I'm not here to go on with a back and forth, its an opinion that you didn't like or triggered you, that's fine, but move on, its how I feel, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

• Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • Widower locked this topic