Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 Open Beta

Jimmy

I appreciate the Devs even letting me access this game, if they change stuff I'll roll with it. I missed CoH to much to complain about the volunteers decisions.

Thanks you Devs/GMs/CRs 🤗

Edited by Nerio72
Damn You Autocorrect! Every post, really?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, CraterLabs said:

So, I've got a couple of characters who are rooted in teleportation. It's their whole thing, and the choice to take Long Range Teleport instead of another attack or utility power always felt special to me. Being able to just pop over to Sharkhead while other people have to run or fly has always been a bit of a delight. None of this is a good reason to not make these changes that you're making, of course... but I kinda feel like the single most impressive "capstone" of my dedication to Teleportation is being made a little less special? Don't get me wrong, it's a *great* Quality of Life improvement for most players, and I'm sure the new power coming in to replace it will be super nice, but... still.

Having said that: I love the idea of it being expandable through accolades. The fact that I could go to the original redside zones but nothing else always felt weird to me. I'll just need to do some legwork before it goes from Beta to Live.

But out of curiosity: could you please, please, please implement some ways to customize the Teleport accolade? Astra Dynamic's teleports are pink, not a general flash of light. And Professor Flummox would love to arrive in a cloud of dark smoke or explosion of playing cards. Ooh, honestly, could the "appearing" end of this new teleport power (and of the other teleportation powers) have some of the costume change emotes worked in? I just imagined a big Christmas present appearing and my Christmas Ninja character exploding out of it. And that's just three of my characters who could benefit from it. 😛 

(In fact, being able to customize the appearance of the Long Range Teleportation power might be a fun treat for people who get all the other powers in the set... just sayin'... 😉 )

Anyway, this whole expansion looks great. You guys are doing great work, keep it up.

Sincerely,

Crater "Way Too Opinionated About Teleportation" Labs

Psssst...

This might interest you.

• Like 2

I'm not upset by the enterbasefrompasscode command whatsoever, in fact it was always warned it was a temporary crutch until a better system was made.  (Although it will require a redesign of the portal room in my base! And travel will take some getting used to)  Seems we are getting to that better system, and the HC devs here want feedback (in the appropriate focused feedback thread).

I have hope that the Sorcery Pool will be next for revamps! (goodness sake does it ever need it)  Pretty please?

Also more costumes, especially more simple variety of hair styles, would be greatly appreciated!  The asymmetrical shoulders is fantastic!

• City Council
5 hours ago, scorpiorex said:

It looks like Recall Friend has been utterly destroyed for those of us with more than one friend.  A 20 second recharge?!  That's going to really hurt the Dark Defenders that need to quickly add defeated teammates to the pile prior to Howling Twilight, to anyone that is scooping up stragglers to get in the mission door.

Teleport Target's recharge should be the same as before depending on which target you use it on (teammate or foe). Please test it and if this is not the case, report the issue in the appropriate thread. The power of course cannot know which kind of target you intend to use it on next, so if you use it to bring a foe to you and then attempt to recall a friend, you will of course have to wait the longer recharge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, carroto said:

I'd say the largest disappointment is the feeling that sets are being homogenized.  I've seen that over and over since I've been here.  Things that make sets unique are altered or removed.  It's clear that some of the most popular and fun sets could never exist in the modern game if they were not grandfathered in.  I am aware that there are some new gimmicks being added, and I enjoy some of them, but that's not the same thing.

This is definitely a legitimate concern.  One of this game's greatest strengths over other MMOs is that ATs and power sets play so differently.  I would dearly hate to lose that.

• Like 3

Hmm, I recognise the significant amount of work that has gone into making these numerous and multiple changes. Many of these likely require a lot of development

I feel quite disappointed though. In my personal view, I don't understand the obsession of many players (and the devs it seems) for instant transportation to everywhere. Travel / teleportation powers seem to have received a massive buff across the board (aside from the base access code removal) yet many underperforming powersets / ATs which people rarely play due to poor performance have been ignored (or in some cases, such as blaster secondaries, nerfed even further)

I27 would have been a good opportunity to use the data available on which ATs and powersets are played the most - fire and rad brutes clearly needing a nerf obvious to anyone who has spent 4 seconds in the AP AE building, yet shadow maul is the one that gets nerfed.. (righto, good thinking captain). Reviewing the data and introducing balance to encourage people to create lesser played ATs would have been a nice improvement and made a visible difference to the game and its community

Having read through the entire patch notes, it seems fitting for the release name: I27 Patch Notes. Minor adjustments to powersets played by very few people

I'm hesitant to hit reply on this post, as it's a rather negative comment to a volunteer team on a not-for-profit game, however I would like to contribute to the process of community feedback and I hope my comments are taken as such. Thankyou for your continued development and support of this great game

Edited by MoonSheep
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, philtrum said:

the GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally

You can still use it so long as you are within range of a base portal.  You will either need the new P2W (which is a complete waste IMO) or the Day Job one and any macros you have will still work. 

• Like 1

the GM-only command /enterbasefrompasscode is no longer available for players to use unconditionally

Very, very annoyed at this.

Fixing a "problem" that no one wanted to be fixed.

Thanks for nothing.

This is addressing an oversight that was never meant to be available to regular players in the first place, but once out in the wild, became to popular to just rip away.  What is offered here is a compromise, which is much more equitable, and fair, than just relegating the command back to the "GM only" set, which was well within their purview. 

• Like 3

What was no more, is REBORN!

Thanks for nothing.

Its a problem because it was never intended for player use.

But the HC team didn't want to remove it outright, they wanted to make a suitable replacement first.

So you could be thankful for that.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, philtrum said:

Thanks for nothing.

This is one of the few great changes in I27, I’ve been proposing it for a while in-game. I don’t understand people who wait 7 years to play CoH but then want to automatically skip one of the main aspects.

There’s already too many travel “cheats” in the game, it takes away from the team spirit of helping others to the mish

Edited by MoonSheep

14 hours ago, Telephone said:

Teleport Target's recharge should be the same as before depending on which target you use it on (teammate or foe). Please test it and if this is not the case, report the issue in the appropriate thread. The power of course cannot know which kind of target you intend to use it on next, so if you use it to bring a foe to you and then attempt to recall a friend, you will of course have to wait the longer recharge.

On a different note, the close-up of that icon looks rather, um, NSFW.  :classic_blush:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Del, they're not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think they'd explain their master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? They released it thirty-five minutes ago.

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

On a different note, the close-up of that icon looks rather, um, NSFW.  :classic_blush:

I posted this with a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor, but seriously, I would not want that up on my work screen if someone happened by and glanced at it over my shoulder.  The potential for misunderstanding here is not insignificant.  Maybe that icon needs reconsidering.  It feels a bit like some dev was intent on putting a phallic symbol in the game.  Maybe it was unintentional, but the resemblance is a bit difficult not to notice.

(The color doesn't help!)

Edited by Blackbird71

Looking forward to trying out the new content.  Looks cool and should be a lot of fun to have new stories to run through.  this is an impressive amount of work from an all volunteer staff.  nice job!

The base teleporter changes look like a lot of work to make a simple change.  All that really needed to be done was to make the slash command not work while in combat and this would have solved the problem.  Not sure why the day job power has to be limited in charges.  just make it an unlock power you get by joining a supergroup.  30 charges is nothing for a days play.  give it a 30-90 second recharge and get rid of the charges and this will be fine.

• Like 2