Art Freebies Thread!

Pirate Cashoo

"Them" referring to words not people. 

Yeah your response to DJ1 about Gorm Diabhal being a whole race rather than a singular (twin?)

entity made it sound like it there was some thought being put into their back story.

Could be interesting.zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 11/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, Grimz said:

This my good old martial arts cult leader Sir Grimly :3

He's a Dark/Fire Scrapper

freeb_COHgrimz2_FINAL.thumb.jpg.5a4a7f963e9f2d1637a1cf1e9961298d.jpg

On 11/15/2020 at 4:11 PM, biostem said:

I'd love to see your take on the below character.  Cheers & thanks for your consideration!

freeb_COHbiostem_FINAL3.thumb.jpg.1e2036a91a8bafcadd091a26a178f542.jpg

I hope you guys like them!! Been going through a nasty art block this week so this helped a little. Thank you!

Edited by Pirate Cashoo
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

"Them" referring to words not people. 

Yeah your response to DJ1 about Gorm Diabhal being a whole race rather than a singular (twin?)

entity made it sound like it there was some thought being put into their back story.

Could be interesting.zb7XgP0P_o.png

Actually nope...

Gorm, original, had a back story of having been accidentally summoned by Fenian. Basically Fenian was doing a complicated spell, got interrupted and cursed "Oh, Blue Devil!" and the weird conjunction of spell and curse summoned Gorm Diabhal.  (Rough Irish to English translation...)  So based on that back story, she's easily just one of a race of devils with blue hair?

19 hours ago, Grimz said:

teach me your ways senpai XD

Not sure if this canned meme humor or serious but it does bring up

a good question, are there any tutorials you've done in recent years Cachet?

I know you've been good about answering specific questions on various sites and back

during your Livestream days (I was lucky enough to "catch-et" a few of them back in the day) rs4wmRnk_o.gif

but have you laid out any of your thoughts on style or coloring technique for others to learn from?

No worries if you haven't I know you are often times swamped with commissions

but there is a thread for them if you have anything you might want to share.

There's also a collab thread if you feel like teaming up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

21 hours ago, Pirate Cashoo said:

freeb_COHgrimz2_FINAL.thumb.jpg.5a4a7f963e9f2d1637a1cf1e9961298d.jpg

freeb_COHbiostem_FINAL3.thumb.jpg.1e2036a91a8bafcadd091a26a178f542.jpg

I hope you guys like them!! Been going through a nasty art block this week so this helped a little. Thank you!

Amazing and jealousy-inspiring.  I wish I'd had the dedication in my youth to keep drawing.  Who knows, I might have half your talent today.  😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

I know you've been good about answering specific questions on various sites and back

during your Livestream days (I was lucky enough to "catch-et" a few of them back in the day) rs4wmRnk_o.gif

but have you laid out any of your thoughts on style or coloring technique for others to learn from?

There's also a collab thread if you feel like teaming up.

It was a bit of both

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, Christopher Robin said:

I don't really do too many tutorials, I never know what people want to know, and I always get the feeling that I don't have anything new to offer. I have a pretty basic way of coloring (I am a simple person).

This is a basic coloring tutorial I've done. It's what I use for my simple colored commissions. A couple more examples with the same technique below.

Spoiler

rV53kce.jpg

pic_FINAL.thumb.jpg.0c983060cb44d0f6a000f9056025c5d7.jpgRonin_FINAL2small.thumb.jpg.cb39a07def0613f0211be8b210e72cbe.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

*High-fives Grimz* 

I'm glad we asked then and thank you for sharing that.

Has Clip Studio Paint become your go-to program for coloring now?

Several of the people who's content I watch sing it's praises (including DD).

• Thanks 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

23 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

*High-fives Grimz* 

CSP is a wonderful, much cheaper alternative to PS (about $50). I used to use PS but now it's subscription based only and I can't afford it. I've been using CSP for years now and I love it. I recommend it to everyone I can. There's a ton of tools and editing options. It's got most of the things PS has except for the more technical photo-edity stuff. (I miss Liquify 😭). Another cool thing CSP has is 3D models and posable models, although I don't personally use them many other artists have found them very useful.

I use 90% CSP and a little bit of Paint Tool SAI for some coloring/blending tools.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

*High-fives Grimz* 

Yeah, I've always had the creative drive, just lack the time, patience or sense of direction I feel I need to actually feel comfortable drawing.

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

In my experience you're never truly comfortable with it. You just kind of do it anyway.

Having the time to dedicate is a whole other thing entirely. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Yeeeeeah....
I remember in the beginning of October when I said 'I'm going to draw my characters in these outfits I bought, there's only 3 of them.'
Looks at the one finished one

...yeeeeah...

7 hours ago, Pirate Cashoo said:

CSP is a wonderful, much cheaper alternative to PS (about $50). I used to use PS but now it's subscription based only and I can't afford it. I've been using CSP for years now and I love it. I recommend it to everyone I can. There's a ton of tools and editing options. It's got most of the things PS has except for the more technical photo-edity stuff. (I miss Liquify 😭). Another cool thing CSP has is 3D models and posable models, although I don't personally use them many other artists have found them very useful.

I use 90% CSP and a little bit of Paint Tool SAI for some coloring/blending tools.

Yeah CSP is very wonderful indeed! I have the PRO edition (got if for 15euros in a deal 😁) and I love it. Instead of Liquify there's the warp tool that has lots of edit options, but it's no PhotoShop Liquify for sure. There's also smudge, but it's not quite as good as the Paint Shop Pro one... The pencils and watercolors I totally love though! (it's what I use most).
I also use Autodesk Sketchbook a lot. Sometimes in combination, depending on the way I'm going with coloring. It has so many features, including Copic Colors... ALL of 'm and it's completely free! 😱

Thanks for sharing that tutorial! Always very interesting to see how different artists go about their coloring. There is not just one way after all! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DDLU21.jpg.d32d788cc9a9ad28e1d0bd53f83c1e5d.jpg

Nice WIP BW. I am assuming this is Pirate Cashoo's eponymous hero?

I believe she is missing her right eye (or has something else scary in it's place? rs4wmRnk_o.gif)

All the depictions of her I've seen have her wearing an eye patch on that side of her face.

Carry on with the awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

11 hours ago, battlewraith said:

Oh wow this is lovely dude!! That's very exciting! 💖I love the intestines! and I love the scalpel/stylus combo. I need to get me one of those.

I'm really lax on how other people interpret my characters so I don't really care about the eyepatch. You already seem to have a vision for what you're doing but if you want any inspo there's a few pics of Cashoo here.