Art Freebies Thread!

Pirate Cashoo

I love your art, the way you draw faces and the minor details you apply to everything is really appealing to me--like the small lines to define the shape of the face and the amount of texture in the hair. And then the gradient shading on top of that makes everything look polished and smooth!

If you'd got time, I'd really enjoy seeing your interpretation of my character Ferrous. He's a capricious jerk who currently 'works' for Crey Industries as one of their Objects of Interest for a little project called Armorclad. Composed entirely of iron, with a core hot enough to vaporize water, he accompanies higher-ranking Armorclad agents on missions to provide support in the form of crowd control and healing. He's recently attached himself to a group of rogue, escaped Armorclad units led by Isaac, the Brazen Brawler, and is slowly 'cracking' under the stress of managing his relationships with his friends in the group and his obligations to Crey.

ferrous again.png

whos this douchebag.jpg

Ferrous by Angusburgers face.png

• Like 2

Free? That's perfectly within my budget! May as well toss my hat into the ring here if the OP or any other artists are feeling generous enough to tackle either of these characters:

Fighting Gold:

Spoiler

gXXlD5i.jpg mn126ys.jpg

T0tQHf7.jpgLwilJdv.jpeg

Lord Dreadnaut:

Spoiler

iffCMTV.jpg mpxVwXr.jpg

Images in spoilers due to size!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 11/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, Pirate Cashoo said:

Also here's an album of all my super old CoH I did back in the day. If anyone still around recognizes their character, let me know!

Hey Pirate Cashoo!!  Good to see you around again!!!

This is the drawing that you did of Draggynn back in the day:

image.png.7dcb02bf836c5e8da1f22bdcab90103c.png

Which I use as my avatar some places (My current Avatar is actually by another former player, Wassy (which was actually awarded to me in a contest by Caemgen, a whole family reunion here), actually just updated to be yours again!) and is currently the image on my mouse pad

I also commissioned this piece, which didn't seem to make your CoH gallery, but is equally awesome!:

image.thumb.png.00b152929e0ddf1831856963a1dc8340.png

Edited by Draggynn
  • Like 2

Draggynn, Storm Summoning/Psychic Defender, formerly a resident of Virtue

My collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

On 12/14/2020 at 10:38 AM, Draggynn said:

Still spelled that way, D-r-a, double g, y, double n, like djinn 😉

Welcome home Draggynn. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Ah well that makes a little more sense now.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:20 AM, Draggynn said:

.......................................I also commissioned this piece, which didn't seem to make your CoH gallery, but is equally awesome!:

I don't think she forgot or omitted it. The gallery she posted is a list of the art she gave away

for free back in the day (like she is doing here) and your 2nd piece was paid work.

Had she included her paid stuff it would've been a much longer list. 07K1tHnz_o.png

• Like 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

No worries @captainstar your not being too pushy

just by asking what Pirate Cashoo (PC is a she btw) is up to.

I will say Pirate Cashoo's work is often in high demand and paid commissions come before

freebies so she might be working on those or visiting family for the holidays (bad time to travel

as I understand it though) heck maybe she's just enjoying the game, there is a bunch of new content.

I'm sure she'll check in eventually and let us know what's going on.

Well said @_Kai_. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

No worries @captainstar your not being too pushy

just by asking what Pirate Cashoo (PC is a she btw) is up to.

I will say Pirate Cashoo's work is often in high demand and paid commissions come before

freebies so she might be working on those or visiting family for the holidays (bad time to travel

as I understand it though) heck maybe she's just enjoying the game, there is a bunch of new content.

I'm sure she'll check in eventually and let us know what's going on.

Well said @_Kai_. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Ok, tks Chris. I just got excited seeing this kind of art for free I think. lol But I can wait, for sure.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:20 AM, Draggynn said:

Hey Pirate Cashoo!!  Good to see you around again!!!

This is the drawing that you did of Draggynn back in the day:

Which I use as my avatar some places (My current Avatar is actually by another former player, Wassy (which was actually awarded to me in a contest by Caemgen, a whole family reunion here), actually just updated to be yours again!) and is currently the image on my mouse pad

I also commissioned this piece, which didn't seem to make your CoH gallery, but is equally awesome!:

Oh heck yeah!! I definitely remember that commission. I was in college at the time. Yeah that one wasn't in the freeb gallery because it was a commission, I found all those old images from my old photobucket account.

10 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

Oh hey, I remember this piece. This was my SS/WP Brute, Legionbreaker. Nice to see you're still at it, Cashoo.

Ohhh awesome!! so good to see more old forumgoers here. That's great!!

On 12/20/2020 at 8:35 AM, captainstar said:

Hello, I don't want to rush the owner of this topic or look like I'm demanding anything.

I was just wondering if his proposal is still valid? Or is he on vacation? Or something like that.

Yeah as others said this thread is basically for when I'm in between commissions or waiting for a client to get back to me and I don't have anything else to do. It's been a busy/stressful time in the last month or two so I sadly haven't been able to do any in a while. I will say it is inevitably not 100% guaranteed every character gets drawn as real-life stuff may get in the way and of course that has to take priority. But I intend to draw them! This is just a fun side thing to do in my free time. If time passes and your character has changed and I haven't drawn them yet, you are welcome to edit your post with an updated costume.

Also the holidays have been hectic so I probably won't be able to draw any until January-ish.

EDIT: Also I'm going in chronological order with all of these, but if the screenshots provided aren't clear or too low res and I don't know what I'm looking at, I may skip it

Edited by Pirate Cashoo
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 7:29 AM, Shadeknight said:

HLRaAyy.png

Oh hey, I remember this piece. This was my SS/WP Brute, Legionbreaker. Nice to see you're still at it, Cashoo.

I remember it differently. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

@Shadeknight If I recall correctly #18 was Duskrune requested by ShadowWings.

Do either of those names ring a bell for you?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

ShadowWings was my old moniker/main - Elec/Elec Blaster, funny enough.
Duskrune was Legionbreaker's former name LMAO.

It's been what, 10 years? Brain go brrrt.

Thanks for correcting my derp.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

On 12/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, Shadeknight said:

ShadowWings was my old moniker/main - Elec/Elec Blaster, funny enough.
Duskrune was Legionbreaker's former name LMAO.

It's been what, 10 years? Brain go brrrt.

Thanks for correcting my derp.

Yeah I figured it was probably an old forum name (I always wonder why

people change a perfectly good name though) that you no longer use and that

you probably remade/renamed Duskrune but kept the costume design. I don't see any

real benefit to claiming someone else's character as yours while getting all of the details wrong.

Wouldn't make much sense.

11 but who's counting.  rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Cachet was but a wee lass of 17.

Gah! Where the hell does the time go???

No worries Shadeknight.

On 12/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, DJ1 said:

Ruh roh lol!

Now now, I was polite about it.

I even tossed in an IIRC and everything. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin

07K1tHnz_o.png

oh oh I know why someone would get all the details wrong! Cuz they didn't read yur post on the first page where you gave away all the right answers? lol! 

I feel like you should get Shadeknights sig now. CR Forum Cop. Fear the Orange Text! While your at it you should take Darth Deliciouses old sig of Know First Then Post.

• Haha 2

If I were a forum cop and taking people's signatures wouldn't I have to arrest myself? Didn't really think that one through did ya? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Also no thanks. I am neither a kitteh nor do I wish to be a forum cop and I think DD wore her own just fine.

Now that you mention it though I should probably redo my old sig about the getting a color swap button for the CC.

The original devs almost got around to it before shut down, maybe the new ones could actually get it done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png