Fold Space

KC4800

Does this power WAI? I have a traps corruptor that took it. I set up a trap zone and try to Fold Space a small group of mobs into it and it never pulls anyone. What a dud power.

Do I need 3 acc to make it reliable?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

3 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

Does this power WAI? I have a traps corruptor that took it. I set up a trap zone and try to Fold Space a small group of mobs into it and it never pulls anyone. What a dud power.

Do I need 3 acc to make it reliable?

Did you have line of sight to the targets? Were you within 100 feet of the targets?

It does do a hit check, so accuracy would be desired (keep in mind, combat teleport grants a To-Hit-Buff if you need help boosting your hit chances. 

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

OK so where TP Foe used to be able to stand around a corner out of sight and tp one foe to you, now its line of sight, and within 100 ft It will fire all every time even if nothing is within 100 ft. (No out of range warnings)

ok got it.

Not so sure this power is for me. The old TP Foe was much better, IMO.

• Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

25 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

OK so where TP Foe used to be able to stand around a corner out of sight and tp one foe to you, now its line of sight, and within 100 ft It will fire all every time even if nothing is within 100 ft. (No out of range warnings)

ok got it.

Not so sure this power is for me. The old TP Foe was much better, IMO.

The 'teleport target' power has this functionality. You can use it on friends and foes alike.

(Glycerine ninja'd me)

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

Yeah I know. I just assumed that Fold Space had the same functionality when used on a single target.

My character is a Traps Corruptor. I was thinking I could set up a Trap area out of sight, then TP the entire group into it. I can still do this, but only in a big room. Stealthily, but maintaining line of sight. Far enough away that Acid Trap wont fire, but within 100 ft. See? It'll work. Yeah I'll keep telling myself that.

50 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

It may not be for you.  But I have teamed with several stone tankers yesterday who loved it.  They can tp to their foes or just have all of their foes tp to them.

That's what I am coming to realize. Fold Space is ideally suited for a melee character, like a tank, scrapper or brute. Less so for a squishy corruptor.

I'm using it nicely on a Robots/EA MM, to group mobs up for the AssBot's Towering Inferno of Burnination. And to bunch them tightly so that I can use Electric Field's small 10' radius to Immobilize them in the flames. But the character is built to take aggro and has Provoke, so I don't have a need to use it out of LOS.

While other characters may have a use for it, the character has to be able to take an Alpha. Or, for example, an Earth/Storm who sets up a killing field, then opens with Stalagmites and then Folds the mobs into the area of doom rather than wasting time bringing up Tornado, LS, and FR AFTER throwing Stalagmites. So if you can avoid the aggro with a ranged AoE mez, that can also work.