Hello

bigj723

You might want to scroll way down on the forums front page, to the 'Reconnect' section, and post in a thread for whatever your main server was back in the day.  That may give a better chance of finding old friends.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Just now, Ironblade said:

You might want to scroll way down on the forums front page, to the 'Reconnect' section, and post in a thread for whatever your main server was back in the day.  That may give a better chance of finding old friends.

Thank you. I will do that.

My friend who has suffered the nickel-and-dimeing of a lifetime subscription to DCUO (why waste it?) says you may be in for some culture shock. In a good way.

Welcome home!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

4 hours ago, bigj723 said:

I am new to Homecoming but old to CoH. 😉

Welcome Home, bigj723!  I don't think we ever met, but that doesn't matter. 

In case you haven't been explored yet, there are lots of changes since the Live days.  Take some time and read the Update notes to see what's new.  Have fun, and play!  You get 1000 character slots per shard, so create characters to your hearts content.  And maybe even beyond.

Edited by Rishidian

52 minutes ago, Rishidian said:

Welcome Home, bigj723!  I don't think we ever met, but that doesn't matter. 

In case you haven't been explored yet, there are lots of changes since the Live days.  Take some time and read the Update notes to see what's new.  Have fun, and play!  You get 1000 character slots per shard, so created characters to your hearts content.  And maybe even beyond.

I left the game a year or so before it disappeared. 😕

On 1/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, DoctorDitko said:

My friend who has suffered the nickel-and-dimeing of a lifetime subscription to DCUO (why waste it?) says you may be in for some culture shock. In a good way.

Welcome home!

I have a Daybreak lifetime sub, but I wouldn't call "nickel-and-diming". In fact, if you were going to subscribe (become  an All Access member), it pays for  itself in 2 years.

Now I call micro-transactions "nickel-and-diming". I avoid that like the plague. They do try to get you hooked by giving you 500 Daybreak cash per month for subscribing (you keep getting that 500 per month if you go lifetime).

Ironically, micro-transactions were one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription to City of Heroes almost exactly a year before the Sunset ... and, when I cancelled my sub, I stopped playing all together.

Honestly, I bought the Day Break Life-time All Access because of Planetside 2 and not DCUO or EverQuest, or EverQuest 2 (which all fall under Daybreaks All Access plan) ... and I did it at least 2 years before Homecoming opened up for the general public.

I still log into DCUO to check things out, but the content is nowhere near as fun for me as THE CITY. 

The difference in the players. The difference in the teaming. The difference is their /shout chat (/broadcast) filled with the type of garbage that would get their accoutnd banned from City of Heroes.

What do I have like 25 character slots over there?! (I have as many character slots unlocked as I'm allowed over here and paid for them with the 500 DBC kickback) I don't know how many DCUO characters I deleted in order to make a new one. I like making characters and that silly limit on characters is just sad.

I only play characters relative to content and my time there is less-and-less.

I still play Planetside 2. I like playing that game when there is high population. When the population is low, it simply isn't as much fun to me. 

I don't play that as much simply because of my work hours I have to work so I have food to eat and a place to sleep comfortably. It's good to have a job. 

On the other hand, I always have fun when I log into City of Heroes. There is always something for me to do even if it is to make another character.

I haven't hit even the first 1000 on one of he servers yet. I'm haven't even made as many characters as I had before the Sunset yet.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Welcome home!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, bigj723 said:

Not sure who remembers me? Most who do, know me by Nator...

I remember a "Nator."

Mainly b/c IRL an old friend's last name is Bator; always hoped he joined the game.

EDIT: on Live I was @Libbyator

Anyway welcome back 😁

Edited by Nemeroff

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

On 1/15/2021 at 12:28 PM, Nerio72 said:

Welcome home Hero and/or Villain! (I got called out last time for assuming people are heroes and we of course don't want to offend any evil villainous peeps.)

Thank you. I will have both at some point, mostly a Hero at this time.