The monster war in Croatoa

TheZag

I finally made it to the monster war in Croatoa shortly after it started,  and while it was fun, it was also slightly underwhelming.  The mobs were low 30s so our group of mostly lvl 50 had no problem decimating the waves.

If the encounter was the exact same but the waves were like the other zone event mobs that dont have a lvl so they are white or stronger to every player would make the entire encounter more meaningful.  I would also support a way of triggering the event in a fashion similar to goliath war walker in boomtown.  But with extra reward merits to be had,  the cooldown should be longer as well.

Yeah, The Croatoa War is an Open World Event in a Level 25-34 Zone. Since it isn't a Giant Monster it won't scale to level 50 Players. You could join a 25-34 Team to do the event and then you may find it more challenging.... or go looking for Eochai or Jack in Irons, they love visitors.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Though it should be noted the Red Caps have tended to scale to 50, since they're also used in the winter and valentines events.

Frigging red caps.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:02 PM, TheZag said:

I finally made it to the monster war in Croatoa shortly after it started,  and while it was fun, it was also slightly underwhelming.  The mobs were low 30s so our group of mostly lvl 50 had no problem decimating the waves.

If the encounter was the exact same but the waves were like the other zone event mobs that dont have a lvl so they are white or stronger to every player would make the entire encounter more meaningful.  I would also support a way of triggering the event in a fashion similar to goliath war walker in boomtown.  But with extra reward merits to be had,  the cooldown should be longer as well.

This encounter isn't necessarily supposed to be something players get involved in. Player involvement is only really required when one side defeats the entirety of the other side and the event gets "stuck," so to speak.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

After all the waves are clear, jack and eochai both spawn and run at each other for a final battle.  This is the event from live.  If taking on 2 giant monsters at the same time isnt something players should get involved in,  im not sure what would be.  

I should have been more clear in my original post.  The event ends with both giant monsters duking it out.  You dont go elsewhere in the zone to battle them for this one.  Someone in the group asked what one to kill first and I answered both.  It was fun tanking them both at the same time and dropping within a few seconds of each other. 

Battling all the early waves could probably be just as fun too, but having to find a lvl 30 something to lead the team seems kinda the opposite of the reason why giant monsters had their lvl removed in the first place.  The mini events in brickstown, st martial, and praetoria all use leveless enemies.  It doesnt make the events hard, especially for a lvl 50,  but at least they arent trivially easy facerolls.

• Like 1

I suggested this for a wider range of zone events a month or so ago so I would definitely support this. A white conning enemy only gets easier as you level but having an enemy con white as opposed to grey makes things a little more interesting.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

22 hours ago, Greycat said:

Though it should be noted the Red Caps have tended to scale to 50, since they're also used in the winter and valentines events.

Frigging red caps.

Is it just me or are Red Caps also a lot sturdier, level for level, than other groups?  My Fortunata's nuke will delete the entirety of a -1 spawn other than bosses for basically any faction, but when I dropped the same ability on a pack of -15 Reds for lulz they tanked it.  Blowing up a spawn that far below your level should not involve mopup.

7 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Is it just me or are Red Caps also a lot sturdier, level for level, than other groups?  My Fortunata's nuke will delete the entirety of a -1 spawn other than bosses for basically any faction, but when I dropped the same ability on a pack of -15 Reds for lulz they tanked it.  Blowing up a spawn that far below your level should not involve mopup.

No idea ... but the first thought would obviously be substantial resistance to your Nuke.