Chest symbol 10

Snarky

Many designs in Paragon City have deeper meanings to them based on Lore.  I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a meaning to Chest Detail, Symbols, Symbol 10?  It is a round shape with three bars atop it, the outer two bars bending outwards like parentheses.

or do does this symbol have a non paragon meaning?

Thanks

If it's the one I am thinking of, it may be a stylized labrys or bipennis, in which case it may also be related to Infernal.  I use the 'Infernal axe' superimposed on the wreath as the symbol of the Amazon Army supergroup.  Or it may be meant to represent the Civil Defense logo.

aalogo.png.a4e08e36e5da6fb14b44d4e8d5ee8237.png

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I can definitely see it as a stylized axe as Heraclea suggests.  But I must confess that to me it looks like the design for an implosion assembly nuclear weapon - with a core of fissionable material surrounded by a shell of inward-directed high-explosive lenses.  But that may just be me. 😉

• Like 2

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

it is clearly not a stylized version of green lantern's symbol as that would be wrong

Oh goodness no... it's clearly NOT this ... no sir.  Can't be that.  Nope.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

It's a pair of defibrillator paddles being rubbed together (obviously a logo for Blasters):-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 4

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I think a variation on the Civil Defense logo is most likely.

Although, Monty Python made fun of the British Criminal Investigation Department, basically their plainclothes cops. (See also The Secret Policeman's Ball).

NB: Google Image Search was extremely unhelpful.

Good question, and good luck!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

20 hours ago, Heraclea said:

If it's the one I am thinking of, it may be a stylized labrys or bipennis

A what?  *snickers*

Couldn't resist.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

A what?  *snickers*

Couldn't resist.

Those are...unfortunate names for axes.  

Thanks all.  I am going with a straight up tights wearing build, minimalist.  This is the symbol I plopped on his chest.  Very shrt backstory.  He is a mutant, has no idea where he got his powers, or where he got his indestructible tights.  With symbol 10.

Just wanted to ask the crew if they had any idea of the meaning behind #10 in case I wanted to change it or write a deeper story.  For now this is very good.  Leaves it a mystery.  Again, thank you all.

oh, Tank, Invul/SS.  Miraculously 50d after two evening gaming sessions through random AE farms.  On my way to trials and Accolades.  With an insanely Tanky build.  Was 41 in a fire farm and started testing it.  One of the farmers was like "WTF, how are you doing that?" lol.  Invul.  It is tough on SOs, with the right enhancers it is bulletproof.  Except for Psi.  I don't want to talk about that though.

Thanks again.

• Like 1