Hellionball

Gentoo

Is Hellionball still a thing?

Back on live a few of us used to gather in Galaxy City or Kings Row and form competing teams of 2 or three players and pick a designated Hellion or Skull, and use knockback powers to try to send them into designated "goals". 

It was one number of points if you scored and another number of points against you if you killed the ball. I don't recall the numbers.

We also had Hellion Golf and Hellion bowling (with the pbaoe knockback power in kinetics plus superspeed and autorun without adjusting direction after launching).

Is this still a thing?

Edited by Gentoo
  • Haha 1

I never played this variation, but just going to Perez Park and using burn or foot stomp on large mobs was always amusing. We called it stomping ants.

• Haha 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

4 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I never played this variation, but just going to Perez Park and using burn or foot stomp on large mobs was always amusing. We called it stomping ants.

I have a live build that (while trying to make it better...?!?) I have a full set of Superior Avalanche in Footstomp.  chance for KD.  and FS has a chance for KD.  Long story short...sometimes they squirt like a stomped ketchup packet.

If you're much over about 30, regularly-enhanced Burn or FS will take out the largest mob, other than a few who get the lucky 5% miss.

ETA: Maybe I'm just a cruel SOB, but it never stops being amusing.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Possibly related but my new Dom just got her Wormhole power (only my second Grav anything, ajnd the first one dropped off my play list soon after) and to kill time I was going around Atlas Park seeing how far up in the sky I could zap Hellions to. 

Does that count?  Maybe I could make it like basketball and try and drop them into, say, the burning fire bowls outside city hall or something.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 2/6/2021 at 8:01 AM, Snarky said:

Certain powersets like Energy with low damage high knockback powers would have too great an advantage.  I think the Devs need to look at nerfing that.

Wait, what!!! I didn't know Regen had a knockback power.  When did that happen.

Oh nevermind obviously it doesn't or the Devs wouldn't need to look into it would they.