ArcID 125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm

brigg

FIgured out the deal with the 49 vs 50 inf - to maximize your 49 inf you need to have patrol exp. But worry not about having to buy tons of packs for experienced boosts - with the correct settings (earn exp and no exemp exp 2x inf) you won't burn through it on the 49 map. 

10 minutes ago, cejmp said:

I was under the impression that the maps with $ in the name exemped you to 49 for peak inf. I have not been able to join a comic con fire map where that occurs. Am I doing it wrong or ?

Make sure that your difficulty is set at +4x8, and that, under options, you are set to get XPs, and double INF while exemping.  If you are set to no XP and double INF while exemping, it won't work.

• Thanks 1

Hey Gang.

For those who haven't heard, someone filed a complaint for Content Violation resulting in Bloody Rainbow being pulled. 

I have a substitute in the works however. Here's a link for more Info.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

52 minutes ago, brigg said:

Hey Gang.

For those who haven't heard, someone filed a complaint for Content Violation resulting in Bloody Rainbow being pulled. 

I have a substitute in the works however. Here's a link for more Info.

Unbelievable.  LEAVE BRIGGSY ALONE!!

• Like 1

Another Update:

Cipher contacted me via a Live Chat in Discord. The GM staff was not aware of the ban and hadn't taken any action against my AE Arc and couldn't even find any record of a ban. While speaking via Discord, the GM Staff was actively investigating what went wrong. They eventually discovered an auto-ban AE had done on its own. Apparently, AE has a threshold limit of complaints before it'll take action. The last one was the straw. The GM team is working on correcting this from hopefully not happening again.

Good news so far. But to allow the GM team to address the issue, Cipher asked that I hold off for at least a day or two. This doesn't necessarily mean bringing all the Bloody Rainbow cosplayers back online is a done deal. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I'm working on the Community AE Arc. Name still pending 🙂

Thank you everyone for all your support!

-Brigg

• Like 2

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

3 hours ago, brigg said:

Apparently, AE has a threshold limit of complaints before it'll take action.... I'm working on the Community AE Arc. Name still pending 🙂

Sounds like it needs to be Bloody Rainbow Hall Monitor Convention

• Haha 1

Okay Gang!

Spoke to Cipher again, and it was determined to err on the side of caution when it comes to the Cosplayers using licensed characters. This includes the NPC allies you would get to rescue, such as Stan Lee. Meaning I'll be updating all the Comic Con farms to have the new Community Player setup. I can't say it isn't a bummer, but I would hate to be the one to bring down the whole server due to a lawsuit, so I am happy to oblige. And in this case, conflict inspired creativity allowing me to come up with an AE Arc with our own characters. 

Here's a link that was posted for more info.

I'm currently working on a story line for the new setup. Yes, it's only a farm, but I do like to add some life to it. However, I should have it up as early as tomorrow some time! Keep sending me those Character.costume files!

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support!

-Brigg

The newly updated Bloody Rainbow and other Comic Con farms are up and running. If you've sent me a Character.costume file and don't see it in there, I am still adding more!

Thank you everyone for your support!

-Brigg

• Like 2

This royally sucks that you can no longer have the cosplayer hero costumes.  You went out of your way to not use the

actual character names, so I don't see the issue with just the costumes.

Suggestion:  Rather than the random costumes you're doing, maybe use all the heroes and villains from the game, like Statesman, Ms Liberty, etc.

There's a bunch of them.

Edited by krj12

I like that idea.  And since signature costume parts aren't available for player costumes, they'd necessarily have to be *bad* copies of the signature characters, making it obvious they're cosplayers.

You could also have people cosplaying the lower-tier heroes and villains, like the ones that show up in Mayhem and Alignment missions and such.  I'm pretty sure all those characters have player-available costume parts and can be imitated pretty easily (but you may want to deliberately change some bits to make them look more "homemade").

(Edit: Didn't there also used to be public domain characters there, too?  Like Santa Claus and Dracula and such?  Are they still part of it?)

Edited by Williwaw

7 hours ago, krj12 said:

Suggestion:  Rather than the random costumes you're doing, maybe use all the heroes and villains from the game, like Statesman, Ms Liberty, etc.

I wouldn't call them Random, they are actual Players' ingame characters - mostly their main characters. Random characters would have been boring and have no value to anyone. This way, each character has value to someone or a group of someones. 

As for using signature characters, if I read that right, that is also against the Code of Conduct. You can use the ready-made Signature Characters made available for AE Arcs, but you cannot recreate them or use their likeness. At least, that's how I perceived it. 

I've considered giving all the characters a Bio. Something short. Maybe their Global and Server Origin to give them more weight as actual Players. From feedback, people do check the bios. Not often, but it happens. I even considered adding it to their name, but of course, their's not enough room. Oooh, I wonder if one of the GMs can give me access to give them Titles somehow. I doubt that even exists inside AE, but that would be neat. I don't have Brigg in there, but I'll use myself as an example. Over the character name (they're actually called critters in AE), it could say @Brigg, Protector

1 hour ago, brigg said:

As for using signature characters, if I read that right, that is also against the Code of Conduct. You can use the ready-made Signature Characters made available for AE Arcs, but you cannot recreate them or use their likeness. At least, that's how I perceived it. 

Here's the relevant snip:

Additionally, creating copies of signature characters from the City of Heroes lore is not permitted. As with the retail version of the game, these are only to be used by staff. Use of these characters in Architect Entertainment and character backstories is permitted.

What I believe is being said here is that you may not create a player character signature character.   You may use them in a backstory of a player character. You may not play Ms Liberty, but you can say that you are her BFF. 

You may use those signature characters in the AE as you please.

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Just had a funny thought which I wish I would have thought up a long time ago, because I find it hilarious.

Let's be honest. As well put together as the Cosplay costumes were, most of them would never have won an actual Comic Convention Costume Contest. Maybe a Worst Costume contest lol. But I had a thought, maybe I should have made the costumes look like this. That would have been hilarious.

SuperCosplay.PNG

It is almost too bad you can't make them fat, although you could make them really skinny.

I wanted to add the funniest thing to me in the previous costume set was that a certain witch who happens to wear red and be named a variation of red was named Samantha. Was it intentional she was named the same as the witch in Bewitched or am I just really old and it was a coincidence?

19 hours ago, Odhinn said:

It is almost too bad you can't make them fat, although you could make them really skinny.

I wanted to add the funniest thing to me in the previous costume set was that a certain witch who happens to wear red and be named a variation of red was named Samantha. Was it intentional she was named the same as the witch in Bewitched or am I just really old and it was a coincidence?

Yes and no. I eventually started matching syllables. 3 Syllables and Bewitched was just a perfect match.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I really enjoy the variety of costumed characters from the community. Some of the costumes are very impressive! I have stopped more than once already to look at them before I defeat them!

Yeah, I was ooh-ing and awe-ing as I was uploading them. I would tell call my wife, come look at this costume! Making the mission personal to Players was the only way to go which made sense to me. I'm glad I did. I'm glad people are enjoying it. 

My character USAngel made it in, and I have to say it was a great thrill seeing her.

Even more awesome  was working on an AE mission in Pocket D and getting a tell from a random person that recognized me from it.

Thank you so much Brigg. 5 stars for sure.

• Like 2