Best dark/dark AT?

Right now I have a dark/dark corrupter. I am loving that I hardly get hit except when that rat bastard RNG rolls under 10% three times in a row.

I was looking and noticed that a lot of ATs get the dark/dark pairing. So which one is best for soloing and groups?

I am not sure I will reroll unless someone comes up with something a different AT can do better that fits my playstyle better.

It depends...  ;D

I have played 'em all (dark/dark's that is). My personal fave is the dark/dark defender, but that is probably because it was my first. I find the the brute and controller also a great deal of fun. I have not done much with the corruptor but that is mainly due to my altaholism. I rarely feel the need for speed and I like having some level of crowd control so dark is my go to set.

I recommend the Scrapper AT. it is very fun!

Scrapper, Brute, and Stalker are all great for solo play, soloing bosses and elite bosses, and having fun being awesome in general.

Dark melee is a very fun powerset, and i have gotten it to 50 twice now (once back in issue two, and again now on the new servers). the only point I am debating now, is if the 'chance for buildup' proc really works for soul drain... 5% chance, multiple targets, on what is primarily a +tohit/+damage power. the only real downside of dark melee, is that shadow maul is a slow animation that roots you while attacking (same as sands of mu). its a cone PBAOE, which is wonderful, but you do not use it in fights where you have to dodge specific things (like tyrant making the air crackle). my primary four attacks are smite, maul, siphon, and grasp. sands of mu stayed on the attack bar until i got midnight grasp.

currently running dark/WP, and my AOE tohit debuff from willpower is a fun thing. this stacks well with the diamagnetic in the incanate slot, for -tohit, -regen (one of those is 100%, the other is 50%, per hit stacking). 

Dark/Dark Brute is probably best for solo. With IOs you can cap S/L resist and come within a couple of % of Psionic cap, plus like 45-70% for the other resits, while having some decent single target damage.

Best Dark/Dark combo for teams is Controller, hands down, full stop, no disagreement possible unless you want to go to your grave knowing how wrong you are. >_>

A single Dark/Dark controller can pretty well neuter an 8 person spawn's ability to hit and resist damage, assuming they aren't cowering in fear, or held, or attacking your two to four pets,  while still buffing their team's defense, end recovery, regen, etc.

Brutes and scrappers will solo best, but a controller will still be a beast in the end. It has enough controls and pets to succeed.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Yeah I should have specified non melee. I have enough melee right now. I am looking at defender, dominator and controller vs the corrupter that I have now to see how fast they solo along with group utility.

I made a gravity/rad controller that I just started playing around with.

Poor Dark/Dark Blasters, ignored by all.....

I like mine although it is only level 10.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

While Dark/Dark Controller for team play is very good, I'd argue that the Corrupter version is relatively on par with its CC late game while pumping out a significant amount more DPS, and the utility makes the Blaster version pale in comparison, unless you prefer something more focused on front loaded damage and blasts. I have a 45 D/D Controller and it's nice, but feels lacking in what other combinations can do, especially in damage.

The Defender version might be smoother to level, endurance is hammered with the combination and you get tools a tad more quickly to manage that sooner.

Dominator is a decent choice as well, but I'd only go for it if you like the very active gameplay style as you'll be hopping in and out of melee range to hit things with your control abilities.

Don't think you can go wrong with any combination, but I guess my vote for best goes to Corrupter for the balance of CC, utility, and damage. That said, Dominator would be a fun (and challenging) variant run that is the most different from all other combinations.

Before Dark was ported to Controllers and Dominators, i used to play a D3 Defender because the Dark Miasma set felt pretty much like a controller set so I wa scurious to see what would they come up with regarding controllers. All Dar/Dark sets are fun to play, including blaster, but I'd highly recommend you Dominator because it's gameplay offers something different and as pointed, is more active.

I have a D3 Corruptor Level 50+ & a D2 Brute Level 31.... Love Dark sets.

Corruptor gives great control & DPS and once you have Enhancements Set fully in Endurance is rarely if ever an issue. Truth is the difference between Defender & Corruptor is small in actual play, it really does not matter, they choice is yours.

Dark Powers I do not use are Dark Pit, Blackhole, Oppressive Gloom, Torrent & Moonbeam. I may respec grabbing Oppressive Gloom or Torrent (very situational) or Moonbeam (after the snipe change, but not sure room in rotation) or adding Maneuvers losing Hasten (which I only use to recharge long CD powers) & my travel power (relying on Ninja+Sprint+Jet packs).

I do not like the Fury Mechanic with Dark/Dark Melee & its ruined my Melee experience. I will probably reroll my Melee as a scrapper. Shadow Maul is actually a terrible power & best not used in your rotation (because of the animation). Until there is a reason to play a Tank in this game (Scrappers & Brutes can tank any one or two mobs as effectively as a Tank)....

Never played a 3D Controller might need to try that.... Someone else can try a Dark Blaster....  :P

Clearly you have not read my thread. According to every single player who has posted on it, Dark/Dark Blasters are simply not played correctly, and aside from a couple of minor changes that I feel are needed, I agree with them.

This is an impossible question.  It is like asking which Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich is the best. 

Sure, Dark/Dark can vary across AT, but at the end it is still Dark/Dark.  The sets are all really solid, but I will caveat I have not tried /Dark on Sentinel.  So there is that. 

Defender vs Corrupter, I tend to lean towards Corrupter these days.  The to hit debuff is stronger on Defender but several others are either the same between the two or not that big a deal.  So when combining both Dark sets which will floor to hit anyway, why not have a bit more damage consistently across teams and solo? 

As stated by others, Dark/Dark Controllers are amazing and probably my #1 for solo & team under one hood.  It's strong.  Though I already have a Dark/Dark Dominator which fits what I wanted out of character more.  It is also really strong. 

Dark/Dark Scrapper which I played and loved is good.  Brute and Tanker are stupid strong when done right. 

I never touch Blasters. I hated the AT when I first started and never gave it another try.  Can't comment on Dark/Dark, but if I played a Blaster it would probably be that. ;)

Clearly you have not read my thread. According to every single player who has posted on it, Dark/Dark Blasters are simply not played correctly, and aside from a couple of minor changes that I feel are needed, I agree with them.

I think Dark/Dark Blasters have some similarities to Warshade. People who like WS play will likely enjoy D/D Blasters as well.