Slot Machine's Random Challenge - 2021

Troo

Roll #1: 89/ Roll #2: 68/ Roll #3: 18 Stalker/Psy Melee/Electric Armor
Roll #1: 22/ Roll #2: 21/ Roll #3: 40 Controller/Earth Control/Nature Aff
Roll #1: 48/ Roll #2: 99/ Roll #3: 44 Dominator/Plant Control/Fiery Assault

Huh, some interesting rolls there. The plant/fire dom is certainly appealing. I'll have to think it over and report back later with the one I choose.

@Troo Do we need to randomize the costume as well, or just the AT and powers?

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
Added a question

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

5 hours ago, gourdhead said:

#1 Sentinel beam rifle/dark armor

Gentlemen and Ladies, may I introduce Fucile Fantasma, the ghost of an Italian sniper. Might take a couple of days to get him built, but he'll be on Excelsior.  Floatin' and blastin'.

• Like 1

I gave this a whirl. I only rolled for one character, not three.

Roll #1: 25 - Controller
Roll #2: 77 - Illusion Control
Roll #3: 63 - Sonic Resonance

Thought of it for a bit, went with it. So far, I'm having fun with it. Somehow I've never gotten around to trying out Illusion Control, and I'm liking it so far.

Meet the Pacifist Unit
1606140488_PacifistUnit.jpg.51addc2800e91c5baa0095db06984115.jpg

Since virtually none of his abilities do any direct physical harm to people, I came up with idea of a "pacifist" type of hero. The working backstory I gave him is this: facing disaster after disaster in public relations, Crey decided to go for a strictly non-lethal form of self defense using illusions and sound waves to pacify enemies. Thus, they came up with the "Pacifist Unit." Of course, Crey is still evil, and they had evil plans for this "non-violent" suit of armor, so a researcher with a conscience stole the suit and now goes around doing hero work.

Got him to level 18 so far, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'll see what it's like at 30 and update here. Thanks for the cool idea!

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 6

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

I got intrigued by 2 of the 3 rolls I got, so here is Nature's Rebirth - Plant/Fire Dom

F8Cu3sD.jpg

And Psyche Lectric - Psy Melee/Electric Stalker

dY6Fu6Z.png

Both level 1 for right now, though I look forward to trying them out.

• Like 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

18-27-65

Elec/Regen Brute

Challenge accepted.

Meet McPanda. He generates static electricity through his leafy feet and then WHAMMO! Panda Punch!

image.png.ae31bbb45268e1b6c910ae8fce51a6f0.png

• Haha 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

6 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

@Troo Do we need to randomize the costume as well, or just the AT and powers?

Nah, this is simply to encourage trying unlikely combinations we might not otherwise.

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

This looks like fun! Let's see what I come up with...

First roll JACKPOT: 65, 93, 77 - Scrapper   Titan Weapons/Shield Defense....? Ahh dangit... forced re-roll.

First roll 2nd try: 82, 100, 16 - Stalker   Staff Fighting/Electric Armor - Seems interesting. I think it'd be fairly strong thanks to Elecs excellent resists and the staff mastery effects.

Second roll: 51, 4, 43 - Dominator   Dark Control/Fiery Assault - This one sounds awesome.

Final roll: 58, 26, 45 - Mastermind   Demon Summoning/Pain Domination - Seems decent.

Final - Final roll for the bonus roll off Mastermind: 47, 30, 53 - Dominator   Electric Control/Icy Assault. I think it'd be solid with the CC from Elec and Slowing from Ice. But definitely my least favorite from the bunch.

I also note all of my "successful" rolls are Villain ATs... RNG trying to tell me something? Or maybe my true colors coming out? You decide!

This was really great to try! @Troo thanks for reinvigorating this past idea.

• Like 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

50 Storm Knight Brute SS/Elec

50 Snow Spirit Sentinel Dark/Ice

50 Storm Templar Blaster Elec/Ninja

41 minutes ago, Xeph said:

First roll JACKPOT: 65, 93, 77 - Scrapper   Titan Weapons/Shield Defense....? Ahh dangit... forced re-roll.

Yep that's totally a Jackpot! Scrapper Titan Weapons  (Jackpot Winner!!) (I totally get the forced reroll too)

Dark Control/Fiery Assault does sound really good. So does the Stalker.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

First up is the Stalker Staff/Elec Armor - Mr. Switch - most want to ask what the switch is for... few get the chance.

That's the other fun thing about these random builds. Coming up with an idea to support the build. Arguably as much fun as rolling them up.

In the interest of not spamming. I'll create the other three and post them as a batchSee how well that went below... I'll build the other two tomorrow.

MrSwitch.jpg

Edited by Xeph
English is hard.
  • Like 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

1 minute ago, Troo said:

Yep that's totally a Jackpot! Scrapper Titan Weapons  (Jackpot Winner!!)

Strap a shield to the giant sword and call it good. You don't have to worry about them hitting you if you hit them first, right?

• Haha 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

On 4/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, MTeague said:

Darnit @Troo I want to see that Mercs/Rad!!  Do it!  Doooooo eeeeet!

Well, i decided to put my money where my mouth is.

So, introducing, Green Company.  Yup.  Mastermind, Mercenaries/Radiation Emission. In Praetoria no less.

Screenshot3.png.c4d8224f37b342760e6f1cddd8109de4.png

Then I rolled some rolls so I could roll before I roll. 

The result was, Scrapper, Kinetic Melee/Shield Defense.  I came up with the costume before the name. I must have tried 30 different variations on Silver Fist, Star Fist, Silver Streak, Silver Shield, Star Shield, Argent Aegis, Argent Strike. They were of course, all taken. Then a pun popped into my head, and Lo And Behold, I got the name. 

Introducing.... Argent Tina.

Screenshot4.png.40667796fa76aaf00b8741a89c087837.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Well, i decided to put my money where my mouth is.

So, introducing, Green Company.  Yup.  Mastermind, Mercenaries/Radiation Emission. In Praetoria no less.

Screenshot3.png.c4d8224f37b342760e6f1cddd8109de4.png

Then I rolled some rolls so I could roll before I roll. 

The result was, Scrapper, Kinetic Melee/Shield Defense.  I came up with the costume before the name. I must have tried 30 different variations on Silver Fist, Star Fist, Silver Streak, Silver Shield, Star Shield, Argent Aegis, Argent Strike. They were of course, all taken. Then a pun popped into my head, and Lo And Behold, I got the name. 

Introducing.... Argent Tina.

Screenshot4.png.40667796fa76aaf00b8741a89c087837.png

Those costumes turned out fantastic. Really like the MMs name too!

I've been making mine all Gold Side - great picture area with little traffic.

Here's my last one for tonight. She turned out really well I think.

I'd like to introduce Rione - Dominator   Dark/Fire

I was also considering the name Sellis - reserved it just in case I change my mind. Any thoughts on that my fellow forum goers?

Starting to think we need to start a slot machine team. Who's with me?

Rione.jpg

Edited by Xeph
Added Rione
  • Like 2

@Archonis on Excelsior

On 4/2/2021 at 4:27 PM, Troo said:

Roll #1 __48__ Roll #2 __25__ Roll #3 __79__

Dominator / Electric Control / Radioactive Assault

image.png.92807cffd252c5052a2ef30c4e7ac920.pngimage.png.e9a3636d2a260980e41080e1fc1f2d56.pngMetathesis: Any early fusion inventor.

• Like 3

My first roll came up as Dominator, Earth Domination, Dark Assault.

I know this combo is fun because I took one to 50 on live as part of my Coal Miner's Local 666 Villain Group. I wanted something original for this challenge, so I passed on this one.

My second roll was Scrapper, Fire Melee, Regeneration.

I like scrappers, but that looks like a challenging combo.

My third roll was Scrapper, Spines, Willpower.

Well that looked like easy mode, so I made a fire/regen scrapper, named her Exterminating Sun (I was listening to the radio) and I'm all ready to go.

Sun.thumb.jpg.cbf0cf35a1224d9d25ac3afa9d7bc96e.jpg

On 4/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, tidge said:

RNG hates me: Brute: Fire/Energy Aura. At least I should be able to put him on the AH and flip him.

I had one of these at 50 on live, chosen for much the same reason why I went with fire/regen scrapper here.

Edited by Tiger Shadow
  • Like 3

To help facilitate the growth of this awesome trend I've created a Chat Channel in game: Slot Machine Supers

Anyone who cares to join the madness is welcome. Let's see how many more we can rope into this fun stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

56, 37, 8

Mastermind, Mercs, Dark. Sheesh...okay.

image.png.89b89aad353545cc07385f3fe0fbb651.png  I do not know how I got here. But I have my mission. SKYNET MUST BE STOPPED!

So vows...SCRAPP!

Masterminds...gosh do I hate them. Oh, well...TO THE FRAY!

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

56, 37, 8

Mastermind, Mercs, Dark. Sheesh...okay.

I mentioned this to Mr.Coyote... who, back in our Liberty days, took a Mercs/Dark named Hollowed all the way to 50... and he said: "You have my sympathy."

He grumped about Hol all the way through leveling him. 😝

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

28 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I mentioned this to Mr.Coyote... who, back in our Liberty days, took a Mercs/Dark named Hollowed all the way to 50... and he said: "You have my sympathy."

He grumped about Hol all the way through leveling him. 😝

Ran a quick DFB. Enjoyed the guns. But the slow.....targeted.....heal....is.... (zzzzzzzzz)...

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

So, we're supposed to update at level 30, right? So, here's an update!

Pacifist Unit, the level 31 Illusion/Sonic Controller.

My god why haven't I tried illusion sooner? I don't think I even touched the Controller AT for a while. Back on live I only had one controller at 50, my first-ever character, a Mind/Empathy 'troller, and he was fun. Now, with my first controller in... who knows how long, I'm starting to remember the fun I had with my Mind Controller back on live.

Gave him two new costumes, because I still like to pretend this is live and only give myself costumes at 20, 30, etc...

Screenshots:

Spoiler

347969310_PacifistUnit.jpg.e383c33dae1905e1e1bd057493a5d8f7.jpg

8449579_PacifistUnit2.jpg.a2173ff91adb2f71b241c36488b3eb14.jpg

116784423_PacifistUnit3.jpg.99231a752959d5a0e7e5025b583990b0.jpg

Sonic Resonance is also pretty fun to play. It became a lot more fun once I realized you can cast Disruption Field on your illusionist decoys. It kind of sucks only having two whole entire attacks that deal damage, but plentiful use of Deceive is pretty easy to solve that problem. Of course, that's only when I'm soloing, and I've been running teams with him for the entirety of his career. So far, I'm having a lot of fun!

Edited by GastlyGibus
typos
  • Like 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

My god why haven't I tried illusion sooner?

mission accomplished!

• Thanks 1

So, I made 2 of the 3 rolls I got to keep to the spirit of this idea, but man is the Psy/Elec stalker just kind of... not fun. I know resist sets aren't great for stalkers anyway (though the tweaks made to Elec Armor for stalkers don't seem too terrible) and that psy melee is pretty meh in general. We'll see if I keep going with her. However, my Plant/Fire dom is fun and got renamed and revamped a bit into Faetalia. She also did an MSR that got her to 22, got kitted out with basic IO's, then I did some solo missions on her.

Faetalia's new look.

QeAlNEB.jpg N2d4Rzf.jpg

6 hours ago, ranagrande said:

Mercs Masterminds seem to be popular random rolls here, this one with a Jackpot for Trick Arrow.

Yes (Jackpot Winner!!)

I guess I ought to post a level 30 update.  I did the one roll more as a curiosity but I figured I was overdue to try the Fire/Kin combo anyway.

So here's Flameshift (excuse my bad names, typically my weak point).  Fire/Kinetics Corrupter.  Also pretty bad at costumes without preset ideas, I usually just want to get into the game more than anything.  Initially his outfit was more casual with a fancy arm-thingy, but a revision saw him putting on a more typical set of tights and shaving.  I also tend not to write down backstories, but I tend to keep ideas.  In his case he was given an unstable concoction of super serums that result in severe debilitations, but using the arm-thingy the serums can be kept in check and channeled outward into fire and other power draining energies.

...yeah, I need to work on my writing.

1907687193_FlameshiftFirst.PNG.9ff8489c9005ac0e3206d63d68b9dca4.PNG   369909288_FlameshiftSecond.PNG.7a11026dee657b2cd82b3e69e09f53ac.PNG

As for actually playing, I'm familar with Fire Blast and somewhat familar with Kinetics (he's the highest level i've taken Kinetics to date), I've never put the two together but am aware of their power.  Though I know the true power of the build, and Kinetics in general, lies with Fulcrum Shift which is still a ways out.  Still it's been an interesting ride.  I mostly solo so i'm probably not feeling the full power of the combo, but on my own it's a bit of ups and downs.  Accuracy is a big issue, not landing those Siphons and Transfusions has been painful at times and i'm frequently overestimating my abilities and taking on too much at once.  Corrupters aren't too durable early on for sure.  I might keep going, i'd love to see how it performs once Fulcrum Shift is in play but for now i'm a little frustrated at how squishy I seem to be and just want to move on to something bulkier.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.