GM Impervium...

Herah

I typically play on Torchbearer and whenever I have submitted a ticket for assistance, he is 'Johnny on the spot'. He's taken feedback about our Hami raids to the Dev team, fixed some bugged TFs (poor Katie), and has been all around helpful and proactive. We don't tend to submit tickets often, but whenever we do, GM Impervium is very prompt, courteous, and engaged in problem solving. I understand that many of the roles are filled with those volunteering their time, so I am appreciative of the assistance when it's needed. Thanks all. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Hi y'all. BJ here...

I just wanted to point out something and put out @GM Impervium to you all. For the last several day's I have been attempting to hook up the Homecoming Discord server so I can learn something new, and maybe interact with you great folks (if you'll have me that is... I know chat's like that can be "clickish" at times lol). However due to me being totally ignorant about Discord, what it is used for, how to set it up, and even use it, and my own disability, It was like I was lost in the wind without a prayer of figuring anything out. I just couldn't make a account work, much less figure Discord out.

So at the advice of a friend, I went to support and wrote out a email saying "HELP!!!" lol. And low and behold, @GM Impervium was the one who replied. And while I can give great details about what happened, I will sum it up like this. Despite me being so far behind the wheel in understanding tech and Discord, he helped me. Despite me making mistakes, asking stupid questions, and writing him a lot as I tried to figure things out. And if it wasn't for him, I would still be lost in the wind.

With his patience, guidance, and help (unselfishly so) I was able to sign up for a Homecoming Discord account, and get the thing working! And it was all due to him... one very patient, kind man... @GM Impervium. So I just had to write this post to thank him publicly, and to give a testimonial on how this person went out of his way to help a poor ignorant smuck like me. None of us are perfect, and none of us are wholly good... we are a young growing species after all, but his act (as simple as it might be for some of you) shows what a good person can do.

Some play a hero (or villian) in this game of ours... this City of Heroes... but sometimes, sometimes the simplest act of kindness and helping others in need shows what real heroes we can be. It may be a "job" that he help people like me and us, but even the simplest things in helping can outshine the biggest showy "acts of kindness". So I want to say thank you again @GM Impervium for all your help, and all you and the other GM's & Staff do here. It matters... you guys matter... and that's what it's all about...

Peace...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

• 1 month later

Well, while I stepped away to feed my cats in between Hamidon raids, I got a tell from GM_Impervium telling me that dual boxing in the hive is not allowed.  After informing them that I wasn't, I was told that I and another player were using the same IP.  I explained that I don't know how that was, and received "I don't buy it, one of you has to log off or leave or I'll boot you."

I chose to leave, and told them I didn't like the accusation.

After checking his logs, it appeared he made a mistake, and yes he apologized, but honestly it was too late for me this evening.

There's a good chance I had a bad day and am overreacting.  I'll own that, but maybe next time do your homework before handing out the threats.

I'm now curious. My wife and I play together (when the Tyrant in Pants let's us). If we were to do a Hami raid would we get the same message? 

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

3 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

I'm now curious. My wife and I play together (when the Tyrant in Pants let's us). If we were to do a Hami raid would we get the same message? 

If she has you on follow with a single attack on auto and doesnt do anything else, then yes.  (But someone would probably have to report you first,  its not automatic)

2 characters moving independently and doing different attack chains and they can figure it out that there are actual humans behind each character.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheZag said:

If she has you on follow with a single attack on auto and doesnt do anything else, then yes.  (But someone would probably have to report you first,  its not automatic)

2 characters moving independently and doing different attack chains and they can figure it out that there are actual humans behind each character.

From the example given, it doesn't sound like that was the case - merely being on the same IP address was enough to get a GM response.  Granted, we don't have all the details, but that's the appearance based on the available information.

• Like 1

Seems reasonable to me

10 hours ago, Aracknight said:

Well, while I stepped away to feed my cats in between Hamidon raids, I got a tell from GM_Impervium telling me that dual boxing in the hive is not allowed.  After informing them that I wasn't, I was told that I and another player were using the same IP.  I explained that I don't know how that was, and received "I don't buy it, one of you has to log off or leave or I'll boot you."

I chose to leave, and told them I didn't like the accusation.

After checking his logs, it appeared he made a mistake, and yes he apologized, but honestly it was too late for me this evening.

There's a good chance I had a bad day and am overreacting.  I'll own that, but maybe next time do your homework before handing out the threats.

Seems like a reasonable decision to me and a reasonable apology as well. And you acted reasonable based on what you've described. Good to know we have reasonable folks in the community!

2 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

From the example given, it doesn't sound like that was the case - merely being on the same IP address was enough to get a GM response.

No, the poster said very plainly that they were AFK.
So the actual situation appeared to be two accounts on the same IP address with one account being completely inactive for an unknown period of time.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

20 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

No, the poster said very plainly that they were AFK.
So the actual situation appeared to be two accounts on the same IP address with one account being completely inactive for an unknown period of time.

How is that the same as being "on follow with a single attack on auto"?

I didn't say it was.  But you said "merely being on the same IP address was enough to get a GM response."   Which is CLEARLY not the situation here.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Being on follow with an attack on auto is sorta 'best case dual box' scenario.  1 active and 1 afk account from the same IP would make it difficult to convince someone that u arent dual boxing on a hami raid.

Memo to self... Never go AFK waiting for a raid to start if Mr. Coyote is also attending. 😝

I can see why it might look iffy, but the whole "Nope. Not buying it."-thing when offered a pretty reasonable-sounding explanation does make me raise an eyebrow. (If you DON'T feed the cat you'll probably end up with a fuzzy butt parked right on top of your keyboard. It's very hard to bash jello when there's a fuzzy butt on your keyboard. Trust me on that one. *eyes feline side-kick*) 

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 4/19/2021 at 12:12 AM, Herah said:

I typically play on Torchbearer and whenever I have submitted a ticket for assistance, he is 'Johnny on the spot'. He's taken feedback about our Hami raids to the Dev team, fixed some bugged TFs (poor Katie), and has been all around helpful and proactive. We don't tend to submit tickets often, but whenever we do, GM Impervium is very prompt, courteous, and engaged in problem solving. I understand that many of the roles are filled with those volunteering their time, so I am appreciative of the assistance when it's needed. Thanks all. 

This has been my experience with @GM Impervium as well. Thanks for all you do!

• Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

3 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I didn't say it was.  But you said "merely being on the same IP address was enough to get a GM response."   Which is CLEARLY not the situation here.

Maybe; as I said before, we don't have all the details (the part of my initial post you seem to keep leaving out of your quotations).  Aracknight's account of what happened makes no mention that being afk had anything to do with the accusation of dual boxing, so you're making an unverified assumption.  I'm only going off of the available information, which is that Aracknight "was told that [he] and another player were using the same IP."  Again, no mention whether his (potentially brief) afk was a factor at all; from this statement, it appears that the incident was based solely on the player having the same IP as another (which was later found to be an error).

Edited by Blackbird71

• Lead Game Master

The GM team will not discuss the particulars of any issue with anyone but the players involved. With that in mind, this conversation will be fairly one-sided and unproductive. 

If there is a concern regarding an interaction with a GM, please create a support petition or message a Lead GM directly.

To those who showed appreciation for GM Impervium, thank you all very much!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

According to the T&C you should be fine. People in the same household can play up to 3 accounts each at the same time. (So you and your wife could run 6 accounts in total between you, provided your server doesn't have more than 1500 people online.)

I'm not sure if GMs can see your computers' physical MAC addresses to verify this, though. From the looks of the exchange, above, it seems they can only see public IP addresses. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

(And yeah, kudos to @GM Impervium. Had nothing but good experiences with them. ^^).

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)