I am getting back into EverQuest and cutting title here to bait into reading the post

kelika2

Mostly opinions on what is what

Dwarf Warrior:

axe/shield brute  or

shield/axe tank

wood elf ranger:

arrow/arrow blaster or

dual blades/willpower scrapper

dark elf wizard:

fire/ice/elec blaster

fire/storm/elec corr

ice/elec/fire blaster

"troll" shaman:

ice/thermal corr (dont forget about power recoloring)

ice/kin corr

beast/something mastermind

ogre shadowknight:

titan/dark brute

i cant think of an alternative

erudite necromancer:

necro/dark mastermind

necro/thermal mm

necro/sonic mm

are lizard people doable ingame?  because iksar monk:

StJ/willpower brute

MA/regen scrap

what would you fantasy world character in modern world game?

Well, since I started my mmo career 21+ years ago with EverQuest your 'bait' worked.  I was curious.  I just got home from work and today was a little slice of hell so I'm a little bit tired.

So I clicked and I read...  then I reread... then I reread again.  Maybe I worked so hard today my brain broke.  Hmmm...

Normally I'm gentle and delicate about asking when I don't understand something...  but WHAT are are you talking about? 

I think maybe you are asking how to recreate EQ toons in CoH?  If that is what you are asking I will say it's an interesting idea but I am definitely not able to tackle that challenge right now.  I'm not sure if that is doable - I think how well that worked would be subjective and the degree of 'success' will vary based on the class/AT and abilities/powers not to mention your own personal threshold of what is acceptable.  Then there's how well they actually PLAY like the originals.  Hard to say.  These games have some similarities and some big differences.  I've been challenged just trying to make a few characters like my Champions Online roster and that game was literally made by the same folks.  I was able to do it for I think 3 or 4 toons from that game to my satisfaction.  I think trying to recreate my EQ1 ranger or my EQ2 monk or wizard would be hard to do.

Thinking a little about it right now I have two accounts in EQ and three in EQ2 with a bunch of different characters and I think there are maybe some that I could do and others not so much.  And the degree of 'success' will also depend on what is acceptable to you.  How exact do they need to be costume-wise?  How close do the abilities need to match up?  Names? (probably wise NOT to list them here until you can lock them down if available).  I think this is what you are asking and I see you give some specific info but I still feel like this is a bit unclear.  A couple real quick answers would be, yes I think maybe all of the ones you listed could be attempted but something like ratonga might be difficult.  How well, eh.  Up to you?  

Sorry, I am very tired.  I probably shouldn't be the first one to jump in here and try to respond.  Maybe one of these other folks here with a brain that's still functioning can answer this better than I right now.  Thanks!  🙂

Edited to add:  Okay on my fourth reread I think your question might be specific to their abilities/powers matching up?...

Edited by KauaiJim

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I would like to have a series of AE arcs created with fantasy missions.  You can make good warriors and casters with CoH. 

Arc 39817 has dark elves in the second mission and they look awesome.  But they are just part of an otherwise normal supervillain arc.

I want to roll up a trollslayer with an axe and willpower and hunt some orcs and trolls

• Like 1

Ok, EQ2

Dwarf - Mystic - Earth/Cold Controller

Fae - Illusionist - Ill/Kin Controller

Froglock - Paladin - Shield/BS Tank

Halfling - Swashbuckler - DB/SR Scrapper

High Elf - Templar - Emp/Rad Defender

Wood Elf - Ranger - Arch/TA Blaster

Barbarian - Beastlord - Beast/Nature MM

Erudite Wizard - Fire/Ice Blaster

Gnome - Conjuror - Demon/Elec MM

Half Elf - Troubador - Kin/Arch Defender

Human - Brigand - BS/Ninja Stalker

Kerra - Fury - Elec/Storm Corruptor

Ratanga - Warlock - Dark/Rad Corruptor

Arasai - Coercer - Mind/Psi Dominator

Dark Elf - Necromancer - Necro/Pain MM

Iksar - Shadowknight - TW/Dark Brute

Ogre - Bruiser - Street/Willpower Brute

Sarnak - Defiler - Dark/Rad Defender

Troll - Berserker - BA/Bio Brute

Aerakyn - Monk - MA/SR Scrapper

Freeblood - Assassin - Ninja/Dark Stalker

EDIT: I totally just assumed this was translating fantasy game chars into CoH day. So I did.

Edited by LlyranKeen
  • Thanks 1

DougGraves - Sounds very cool to me!  Good golly there is SO much to do in this game!  Now if we can just convince an AE content creator to do this!  😁

LlyranKeen - Holy Snap!  That was fast!  lol  Also, and again my brain is fried right now but I have to say I scanned through and I like your picks - not that I am some kind of expert where my blessing matters or anything but I can tell you put some thought into that.  I think that might be where the OP was going with it.  Thank you!  😲   

Edited to add:  Okay just noticed Monk.  I agree but I would probably switch him to brute to better combine the tanker aspect with his damage aspect (or you could just make him a really tanky scrapper build).  Just a thought...  Wadduya think?  👍 or 👎  🤷‍♂️

Edited by KauaiJim
  • Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

EQ2 is probably the only game I've spent close to as much time in over the years as I have in CoH. I just went off the top of my head but I think it depends a lot on the current meta as to what works best. I haven't played in some time, but back in the day my wife played Bruiser and Monk quite a bit and often complained about how fragile Monk could be. So Scrapper seemed a better fit than Tank. Either might work I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

what would you fantasy world character in modern world game?

Hmm...I don't know.  What do you think, Bladespark, my wanted-to-have-a-WOW-two-handed-axe-dwarf-homage-so-used-Titan-weapons creation?  Can't think of anything? Yeah, me neither.

image.thumb.png.de89ec42affa0a0e45bb4b8a78dda378.png

When I first came to City of Heroes from EverQuest, I chose my main specifically to be a hero analog of my EQ main.

EQ Main - Enchanter

CoH Main - Mind / Kinetics Controller.

I did make him taller, (EQ character was a gnome), since I wanted him to blend into society more.

But the toolkit is very close.

• EQ Mezmerize / Memory Blur - Mind Control Sleeps + Fear
  • EQ Stuns - Mind Control Holds
  • EQ Charm - Mind Control Confuse
  • EQ Chanter Cripple / Debuff - Siphon Power, Siphon Speed
  • EQ Chanter Buffs for Hasten - Speed Boost / Fulcrum Shift
  • EQ Chanter Buffs for Mana - Transference, Speed Boost
  • EQ Chanter Illusions - um.... Costume Changes.

Have never regretted it.  Your average murderball team may not have much care for Mind Contrl when doing PI radios, but there is content out there that will make you glad for a controller on your team.  And I very much enjoy soling him as a Lamont Cranston / The Shadow type of figure, old man in a hat and mask who slips into a warehouse and a couple hours later the cops find the bad guys all trussed up and ready to be arrested, and the bad guys barely even understand what happened.

16 hours ago, MTeague said:

When I first came to City of Heroes from EverQuest, I chose my main specifically to be a hero analog of my EQ main.

EQ Main - Enchanter

CoH Main - Mind / Kinetics Controller.

I did make him taller, (EQ character was a gnome), since I wanted him to blend into society more.

But the toolkit is very close.

• EQ Mezmerize / Memory Blur - Mind Control Sleeps + Fear
  • EQ Stuns - Mind Control Holds
  • EQ Charm - Mind Control Confuse
  • EQ Chanter Cripple / Debuff - Siphon Power, Siphon Speed
  • EQ Chanter Buffs for Hasten - Speed Boost / Fulcrum Shift
  • EQ Chanter Buffs for Mana - Transference, Speed Boost
  • EQ Chanter Illusions - um.... Costume Changes.

Sounds like Im going to make a mind/time troller

I came here directly from EQ... I spent a great deal of that first month trying to figure out the best ways to single pull from a spawn. 

(TP foe or the Single Target Taunt used while in the air jumping out of line of sight)

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 5/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, Shred Monkey said:

I came here directly from EQ... I spent a great deal of that first month trying to figure out the best ways to single pull from a spawn. 

(TP foe or the Single Target Taunt used while in the air jumping out of line of sight)

Sometimes you can get a pull with Blackwand.

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, Shred Monkey said:

You can generally get a single pull with any ranged attack. The problems occur when you're not far enough away before using it, don't break LoS during the animation of said attack, the guy you're pulling is in the "vision cone" of his buddies, the attack is a moderate to fast DoT, or that attack triggers its secondary effect (most often only relevant to those that have control as a secondary effect, think stun or knockback/knockdown).

That said, TP Foe (now Teleport Target) and Single Target Taunts usually have the most success over long periods of comparison.

• Like 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.