Ouroboros missions scaling SOs too aggressively, down to TO levels

JelloMold

I am running level 8 missions redside (Mongoose and Doctor Creed arcs) on a level 34 blaster equipped with SOs. When I exemp down for the arcs, suddenly my enhancements are only granting 1/5 of their benefits. A 35% accuracy SO is boosting the power by 6.7% during these arcs. I know that the SOs I had slotted when I was actually level 8 were significantly more effective than this.

Based on the scaling factors from the wiki (specifically the table under 'Details', number 3) those numbers look correct. I am far from an expert on exemplaring, though.

59 minutes ago, Apparition said:

This was brought up during beta testing of Issue 27, Page One and it was deemed that IO enhancement set bonuses would more than make up for the reduced effectiveness of enhancements while male factored to low levels.

This makes sense, but not everyone is going to have full IO sets during Ouro content, especially those who aren't at max level.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

5 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

This makes sense, but not everyone is going to have full IO sets during Ouro content, especially those who aren't at max level.

Or if the Ouro content is below the minimum level for the sets they slot, or, as in the OP's case, having their slotted SOs reduced to sub-TO levels, and don't have set bonuses.

14 hours ago, agentx5 said:

Why not have Oroboros missions scale to whatever level the team leader is? 

For the same reason that hostile groups have fixed level ranges (or swap out one set of mobs for another) -- the powers that mobs have were designed to fit into a particular level range and don't scale properly outside that range. Take Hellions, for example. They're street-level thugs, armed with light firearms, knives, and clubs (outside of the bosses, who get fire attacks and the demon pets). Just scaling them to, say, 40 doesn't make them able to compete with a level 40 hero.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, srmalloy said:

For the same reason that hostile groups have fixed level ranges (or swap out one set of mobs for another) -- the powers that mobs have were designed to fit into a particular level range and don't scale properly outside that range. Take Hellions, for example. They're street-level thugs, armed with light firearms, knives, and clubs (outside of the bosses, who get fire attacks and the demon pets). Just scaling them to, say, 40 doesn't make them able to compete with a level 40 hero.

What if the Helions at higher levels learned new tricks like how to be Demon Summoning masterminds? 😈

5 hours ago, agentx5 said:

What if the Helions at higher levels learned new tricks like how to be Demon Summoning masterminds? 😈

While this would be really interesting, it would also take a lot of time to do this for every single group. They do seem to be working on something like this for the Warriors, and maybe they'll expand to Hellions, Skulls, etc. This process just wouldn't be done any time soon.

• Like 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, srmalloy said:

Given the fact that Homecoming has made SOs available at level 2, perhaps the scaling factors need to be looked at.

I would agree that the scaling factors should be looked at, especially in the pre-level 20 range. TOs, and DOs just don't really exist anymore, you have to actually hunt for them now. Having the O-zone arcs inherently be harder than if you ran them at the normal levels just seems weird.

Though, having said that, the mobs themselves didn't get a boost, so you're still fighting Skulls and Hellions and such.. can't be overly difficult.

• Like 1