Imma healer, honest - Pain Dom heal toggle bubble procs

honoroit

SmartSelect_20210518-203727_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3ca591587c27a2cc9dd2f710517f7f47.jpg

So panacea works in soothing aura. 

Itll extend the +HP/end to people within the bubble.

I presume the others do too (miracle recovery, doctored wounds regen, numinas recovery)?? 

Not sure about preventive medicine as that seems to be a global proc that goes of whenever you lose health, even if you never ACTIVATED something to give it a chance to. 

But ya, pain Dom / sonic my new fav healer. 

On another note... Why is electrical affinity thought to be bad end game?... Because no strong debuff? 

Edited by honoroit
Wounds not woulds
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, honoroit said:

SmartSelect_20210518-203727_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3ca591587c27a2cc9dd2f710517f7f47.jpg

Are you sure it is doing so?  It seems unlikely that is intended to do so (work for allies that is).  Considering the number of players with this in their level 50+ characters it should be silly obvious in Leagues (and if your character is teaming with Incarnates you should be getting several buffing you pretty much all the time even on characters without the IO)

I presume the others do too (miracle recovery, doctored wounds regen, numinas recovery)?? 

They are what are called proc 120's.  They work best in auto powers but will work in toggles, running as long as the power is active (why an auto power is ideal, it's always on) and for 120 seconds after the power is toggled off.  They will also work in click powers but since the power is 'immediately' off they only work for 120 seconds after you click.  You just need to click the power every 120 seconds to maintain the buff.

Not sure about preventive medicine as that seems to be a global proc that goes of whenever you lose health, even if you never ACTIVATED something to give it a chance to. 

Basically correct.  It's a bit of an oddball.  Its chance to proc is based on your current health.  Over 75% it doesn't, between 31% and 75% it has a 10% chance to proc and below 31% that chance is 100%.  It can proc no more than once every 90 seconds (all per the HCwiki entry)

On another note... Why is electrical affinity thought to be bad end game?... Because no strong debuff? 

I've no experience personally with it but just looking at it yes no particularly strong desired debuffs.  Only Shock carries -regen or -resist (-75% regen).  It has a solid -damage and I personally think damage debuffs are underrated.  But mostly it debilitate via end drain and recovery debuff and while getting drained and then having your recovery totally shut off is quite potent it's very all or nothing against endgame foes,  AVs in particular.  If you can't drain and then keep them there it's much less effective.  And unlike resistance or regen debuffs it is a subtle debuff you can't see big orange numbers or chunks of health disappearing and staying gone.  A foe with no end, no recovery is very safe to fight but you still need to make the health bar disappear to actually win.  

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge, Panacea is the only heal proc that will affect the target of the power.  Regenerative Tissue, Miracle, and Numina's Convelescense will only affect the caster, as will Preventitive Medicine which doesn't require the power to be used to work.  As a result, Panacea can be a bit more useful in other powers and not something that always has to default to Health.  Notably it works in Triage Beacon (Traps) and Tree of Life (Plant Control), allowing those otherwise "useless" powers to act as a beacon of endurance while active.

• Like 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

38 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

To the best of my knowledge, Panacea is the only heal proc that will affect the target of the power.  Regenerative Tissue, Miracle, and Numina's Convelescense will only affect the caster, as will Preventitive Medicine which doesn't require the power to be used to work.  As a result, Panacea can be a bit more useful in other powers and not something that always has to default to Health.  Notably it works in Triage Beacon (Traps) and Tree of Life (Plant Control), allowing those otherwise "useless" powers to act as a beacon of endurance while active.

Well like I said above that should be very easy to test.  Pain, as noted has an AoE Heal toggle, drop one in Soothing Aura and team up.  And/or an Empaths Healing Aura.  In theory the buffs should work down to lvl 7.  Good lord 8 Pain, in particular, running that as a toggle if it works that way.  

Edits: Or an all Traps team ... that's potentially 16+ Panacea procs firing during a long fight ... *boggles*

Edited by Doomguide2005

12 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Well like I said above that should be very easy to test.  Pain, as noted has an AoE Heal toggle, drop one in Soothing Aura and team up.  And/or an Empaths Healing Aura.  In theory the buffs should work down to lvl 7.  Good lord 8 Pain, in particular, running that as a toggle if it works that way.  

Edits: Or an all Traps team ... that's potentially 16+ Panacea procs firing during a long fight ... *boggles*

Panacea certainly combat logs: as granting proc with numeric values, to other named players. 

The defender ato for the absorb proc does this too, if I recall. I've used this and noted shields going out on a rad pbaoe heal, for example. 

Edited by honoroit

4 minutes ago, honoroit said:

Panacea certainly combat logs: as granting proc with numeric values, to other named players. 

The defender ato for the absorb proc does this too, if I recall. I've used this and noted shields going out on a rad pbaoe heal, for example. 

Well holy ...

I really must get a functioning computer and *soon* 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, honoroit said:

I'll see if I can load up soothing aura and post pictures of logs. Hopefully the !DRACONIAN! mods won't ban me 😜. I'm still frightened after I got a telling for innocently using twitch. 

When was that? Streaming is back to legal again as of May 13th as long as you aren't showing Code of Conduct violations or locking it behind a paywall. Which means if you want, you could make a video of the testing and post a link to it here, rather than worrying about combat logs.

4 minutes ago, siolfir said:

When was that? Streaming is back to legal again as of May 13th as long as you aren't showing Code of Conduct violations or locking it behind a paywall. Which means if you want, you could make a video of the testing and post a link to it here, rather than worrying about combat logs.

That's wonderous news! 

I'd been away you see, super obsessing over pathfinder:wotw

• 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later
On 5/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, honoroit said:

I just wanted to say that is one badass drawing!

Edited by thorasaurus
  • Thumbs Up 1