So... Loki. Anyone?

Glacier Peak

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

I liked it, felt kinda like the old BBC Hitchhiker's Guide to me. Set and prop design were great.

That is EXACTLY what I thought. It was a nice touch in the beginning....

Spoiler

...having that sort of 'take a ticket and proceed through the line' scene. It really grounds the character in to the new reality of the show. That, and having a drawer full of infinity stones, aka paper weights, as well.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 4 weeks later
6 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Did anyone catch this shout-out in 01-05?

Reveal hidden contents

Loki-05-FgTh.thumb.jpg.fab17c294c6c152924a059977c143615.jpg

Yep.  Frog Thor and that's Mjolnir buried just out of reach.

Frog-Thor.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&

I think I 'heard' the former (but not knowing anything of it), but definitely saw the latter.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 7/7/2021 at 4:48 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Did anyone catch this shout-out in 01-05?

Hide contents

Loki-05-FgTh.thumb.jpg.fab17c294c6c152924a059977c143615.jpg

Yep.  Frog Thor and that's Mjolnir buried just out of reach.

Frog-Thor.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&

Yep, and the letter-number combination on the label refers to the associated comic book.

I watched a lot of reaction videos after I watched ep 6 and as the door opens all to many of them were like:

Spoiler

5gm3pb.jpg.d1ff13b73ab6e8e18df8a18a538a09ca.jpg

While amusing at first, I started to get annoyed when they continued to call him Kang.  Kang this, Kang that, Kang, Kang, Kang.   It was clear most of them had never seen Kang in action, and a great many of them didn't even realize that Kang was a variant, with several other notable versions.  They were just jumping on a hype wagon.  Kang is a warrior, a conqueror, not a playful, slightly-deranged imp, however in control he may be. Kang leads from the front, doesn't pull strings from behind the scenes.  I admit I took some maniacal delight watching their mistake slowly dawn on them as Sylvie spiked him.  

Majors did a fantastic job.  I know we're promised him for Kang, and I know variants often don't look like each other, but I'd like to hope he'll get to play variants of Rama-Tut, Immortus, and Scarlet Centurion.  It'd be wild if he gets to play Nathaniel Richards as well, as that will strongly suggest the MCU Reed Richards (Nathaniel's son) will be black or mixed race.  Should be a fun next couple of years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I for one hope all the variants are just called Kang. I really don't see a reason to repeat the quagmire of him in the comics, mostly the result of many writers and retcons over many years, in the MCU, which is at least trying to have a more unified story.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later