Cannot earn debt...

Snarky

So I am trying to work on my debt badges (villain, specifically to get accolade)  I have been killed on Monster Island.  i have been killed in paper missions, etc.  No debt accrues.  O debt showing.  What is going on?

I did just run all bank missions for 1st time and have "Life Insurance"  do i just delete this thing?

deleted life insurance.  still no debt.  is it eating patrol exp?

After 1 death monster island

2 death Grandville paper

deleted Life Insurance

3 death GV paper....grrrr

4 death GV paper got badge, accolade.

Danged this game can keep you guessing.

Edited by Snarky

The good news is that if you eat up your Patrol Experience by getting defeated, I'm fairly sure it still counts toward your Debt Badge progress.  And vice-versa; if you have Debt and log off, the Patrol Experience you gain will first eat up your Debt, and that counts toward the Badges.

I accumulated the Debt I needed on my main Badger by teaming with a low level Taxi Bot in the Monkey Island Zone.  Invisible Taxi would stand near a pile of Rikti Monkeys, and I'd just keep hitting the Hospital button while the Taxi kept Teleporting me back in to the pile of Monkeys.

Worked a treat.

11 minutes ago, Yoru-hime said:

If you have Patrol XP saved up, that'd be it. Blue bars get eaten before you see debt accrue (which I think does count for the badge).

Yeah I think it does.  dusty memory

THis is my new 4th July project. My alt account farmer. (Skulz on Excelsior)

I had an alt acct SS/Fire farmer, but the danged rage crash screws my farming rhythm.  (why the F would anyone spell a word that way....I have to look it up each time)

So I made a Rad/Fire/Mu (which I have on my main account) I 50d it, transferred all my Emps to it. (191) Slotted in a Farm Build. Farmed until I had my first three Incarnates open. T3 alpha, started building others. 

Slotted a full TF alt build onto it.  Ran some 50 stuff, a Mantis, a Tarikoss (this guy is a pure villain...at least for now)  

Now I am rolling into Accolades.  Will work a bit more on Incarnate stuff after that.

Been a good weekend.

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

(why the F would anyone spell a word that way....I have to look it up each time)

Blame the French. Certainly not the English who stole the word from the French....

Rhyme came to English from French where it is spelled “rime.” And that’s how it was spelled in English at first too. But in the 16th and 17th centuries, when English spelling conventions were getting standardized by printers, fancy pants writers started to spell “rime” as “rhythm” or “rythme” to show off that they knew “rime” was ultimately derived from Greek rhythmos through Latin rythmus. Other show-off spellings started around this time, including receipt (instead of receyt), indict (instead of indite), and many others.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/56463/why-are-rhyme-and-rhythm-spelled

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

FWIW, my preferred method of (quickly) accruing debt for the badges is to street sweep in Dark Astoria starting around level 45. If I find that this is still taking 'too long' because of character survivability I will street sweep without toggles. Below level 45, I find it is too inefficient to try to 'farm' the debt badges.

48 minutes ago, tidge said:

FWIW, my preferred method of (quickly) accruing debt for the badges is to street sweep in Dark Astoria starting around level 45. If I find that this is still taking 'too long' because of character survivability I will street sweep without toggles. Below level 45, I find it is too inefficient to try to 'farm' the debt badges.

Yeah. On brutes you pretty much need to drop toggles and wander up to a GM or enter a 4/8 And wander into a group.  Otherwise it takes too long

I've never done this, but you might try using LFG to load into a mothership raid instance on +4... the hospital trip is just back to the starting base so no zoning required, so you can jump right back into a fight really quick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

18 hours ago, Apparition said:

Go to an AE building, load up a farm at +4x8, turn off your toggles, enter the farm, be quickly obliterated, go to the hospital.  Exit the hospital, go right back inside the mission, die again.  Rinse, repeat.  

so many things do not count in AE....does death?

No!  Any debt paid in AE will not count.

You were on the right track.  I do my debt farming on Monster Island.  You should pay attention to the progress on the achievement badge, not your debt amount.  With enough patrol xp you can get a debt badge w/o incurring 1 xp worth of debt.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

No!  Any debt paid in AE will not count.

You were on the right track.  I do my debt farming on Monster Island.  You should pay attention to the progress on the achievement badge, not your debt amount.  With enough patrol xp you can get a debt badge w/o incurrent 1 xp worth of debt.

Debt paid in AE does not count, but debt accrued in AE does.

• Thumbs Up 1

The "how I roll" for this is, at level 30, when I can actually attain HPT, if I have little to no patrol xp, which is usual for a toon I'm actively playing, I'll draw down an Experienced charge, go Monster Island, do the shuffle from the monkeys to the hosp.  Pay off 200k debt (as I mentioned, I may never actually see a number on my debt amount).  ???.  Profit.

Just now, Hedgefund said:

The "how I roll" for this is, at level 30, when I can actually attain HPT, if I have little to no patrol xp, which is usual for a toon I'm actively playing, I'll draw down an Experienced charge, go Monster Island, do the shuffle from the monkeys to the hosp.  Pay off 200k debt (as I mentioned, I may never actually see a number on my debt amount).  ???.  Profit.

I load up an AE farm at +4x8, disable all of my toggles, go into it, die, go to the hospital, reenter mission, die, rinse, repeat about five times until I've accrued 200k debt.  Takes about three minutes.  Then I go do an ITF or something to pay off the 200k debt badge.  Then I have a shiny new High Pain Threshold accolade.  Trust me, it works, and it's far faster than monster island.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have the haxx skills to join an ITF at lvl 30.  I'm ok with the max 5 minutes I spend doing this on MI.  If AE takes 4, well, that's a minute I'll just have to do without.

Edit just to clarify - the Monster Island I'm referring to is the vill zone, not the PI neighborhood.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thumbs Up 1