Returning "veteran" doing my first tank

moontan13

With the advent of the newer enhancement sets.
With some of the tweaks that've been made to enhance damage and rectify some problems.

Tanks are absolute BEASTS.
Figure out what Primary and Secondary you want.
The people here can pretty much deliver a monster of a build to work towards.

While Stone Armor used to be the Gold Standard for survivability, SEVERAL sets can basically equal or exceed its performance now.

And there are new ways to trade off some survivability for even more damage potential with Proc-Monster builds.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

A good way to check out different builds, playstyles and combos is at Tanker Tuesday. Next one is this coming Tuesday the 13th on Torch. See the Tanker Tuesday posts for more info. Start time is 6:00 PM PDT, meet  in King's Row by IP Gate. Bring a Tank and check out what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Welcome back!

In case you didn't know, there's Mid's Reborn hero planner where you can plan out your power picks and enhancements.

There's a Test server. On Test you can boost your Tank to level 50, and use a pop-menu to give it all the enhancements you'd ever need. Then you can try it out on some radios, solo task forces, etc, to see how you like it before creating it on Live.

Here on the forums there's already a ton of threads with build suggestions for most power combos, and definitely for every primary/armor set, and you can use those for ideas.

Edited by ninja surprise

welcome back.  My old stand-by is super strength/invulnerability.  

Radiology has been a fun addition to the game!

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Fire Armor/Martial Arts. Shout Hadouken at mobs while wreathed in flames. Tank 99% of the game at near Scrapper speeds (better in fact when leveling/exemplaring to low mid levels).

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 7:43 AM, Sovera said:

Fire Armor/Martial Arts. Shout Hadouken at mobs while wreathed in flames. Tank 99% of the game at near Scrapper speeds (better in fact when leveling/exemplaring to low mid levels).

Hadouken is Kinetic Melee.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I recommend:   

Defense Armor: EnA (Any AT), Inv/ and SD/ as the Tank Alternatives.    
Resist Armor: RadA (Brutes and Tanks Only)

Heal Armor: Bio (Any AT, paired with a Defensive Weapon).   

If there can be only one:  SD/Radm

Good Luck, and have fun storming the castle.

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I have recently fallen madly in love with Ice Melee, I made a IM/Shield Scrapper, and IM/Rad Stalker and I'm about to start a Bio/IM Tanker. Frost is just such an amazingly amazing skill I just can't get enough of it and I can't wait to see how it goes with the enhanced range that Tanks get on their AoE powers !!!

I also had a ton of fun playing a Dark/Dark/Fire Tanker.

• Like 1