The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Power Pool Powers that help with Endurance?

MikeSol

I went through the Power Pool powers and it looks like there are two powers that help with Endurance. Unleash Potential in Force of Will and Victory Rush in Leadership. Are there any others I missed?

I am interested in Victory Rush since I intend on taking several powers in Leadership anyway. How does Victory Rush work exactly? I can't figure it out based on the text. Is it a buff that stays on? Is it a short term buff that I activate when I need it? Should I even bother with this power?

7 hours ago, MikeSol said:

I went through the Power Pool powers and it looks like there are two powers that help with Endurance. Unleash Potential in Force of Will and Victory Rush in Leadership. Are there any others I missed?

I am interested in Victory Rush since I intend on taking several powers in Leadership anyway. How does Victory Rush work exactly? I can't figure it out based on the text. Is it a buff that stays on? Is it a short term buff that I activate when I need it? Should I even bother with this power?

Victory Rush is a power that you activate after the team has beaten a boss or EB or AV. Other than that - I can't say anything about it as it seems rather useless to me. 

If you're after more endurance, the easiest way to manage that is to ensure your toggles or attacks have some endurance reduction slotted in them, and/or have more slots in stamina. 

The biggest problem with Leadership pool is the two that are a toggle - Maneuvers, Tactics - are always on until you run out of endurance. And they each take quite a bit of end to keep on. image.png.9fbd15e246bf0dbbdbc3015aeacce3bd.pngimage.png.a6f5397a493444eca2dd50def82b14c9.png
Details in the pictures above. 
The one on the left, Maneuvers is without an end reduction. The one on the right, Tactics has a level 35 Common IO end reduction in it. 
Even with that - .29 is fairly high.  

What I try to do with my builds is use combat attributes to monitor how "out of shape" my character is. 

image.png.e23d78139f0c9d144bf57423da4f8cd8.png

As you can see, while I may have slightly more recovery than end usage - sitting still, I'll have some troubles once I start attacking. Good thing I have AM...but that only covers me for 2:00. It recharges in 2:12. I should be okay. And as it levels up, it'll get better as the IOs get better, and when I get Portal Jockey Accolade that will give me 5 more endurance points. (as well as Atlas Medallion and High Pain Threshold.) 

And well, if you're not after more endurance - I apologize for wasting your time! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Victory Rush, but it's usually like a level 49 power pick for me if there's nothing else. On a TF or defeat all, I use it as often as it is up.

I do have an Empathy healer Defender where I picked Victory Rush pretty early on. Ran him on a Synapse TF this weekend, alternating it with Recovery Aura to keep my teammates fresh.

3 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Also of note:  Victory Rush doesn't work on your Pets or ally's Pets.  Just player-characters.  I'm not sure why it was designed with this limitation, but it means that what at first seems like a great way to prevent your Henchpets from running out of Endurance, actually isn't.

Masterminds aren't allowed to have nice things.

17 hours ago, Ukase said:

If you're after more endurance, the easiest way to manage that is to ensure your toggles or attacks have some endurance reduction slotted in them, and/or have more slots in stamina.

And that's just the first step.  I am currently leveling Toggle Man, whose job is to run as many toggles as possible (in actual combat - not just standing around).  He's a spines/dark armor scrapper because that's what the original post from back on live required.  A lot of the requirements are no longer accurate, but I am taking the powers indicated in that marvelous piece of prose.  I am TRYING to have him be viable without the Alpha slot to help with endurance.

He's got +51% recovery, extra END, 10% global end reduction, the Panacea, Numina and Miracle procs and Performance Shifter proc.  He doesn't have Conserve Power yet.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, Ukase said:

Portal Jockey Accolade that will give me 5 more endurance points. (as well as Atlas Medallion and High Pain Threshold.) 

I think a lot of people don't realize how big this is.  You can get a total of +10 end from two accolade powers.  That sounds unimpressive if you don't know that most endurance recovery in this game works as a percentage of max.  So you're not just adding 10 extra points of end to your bar.  You're adding 10% to most every other power or proc you have that gives you back endurance.  Some "drain/transfer" type attacks don't work this way, but most other stuff does.  Even Panacea's proc ticks give you a %end rather than an absolute amount.  So 10 more end points to max means 10% more end from Panacea, Miraacle, Numina, Stamina, Physical Perfection, Quick Recovery, Ninjitsu's +End clicky, Blaster Sustains, etc. etc.

It's well worth what you have to go through to get them.

Speaking of Panacea:

17 hours ago, Ukase said:

image.png.e23d78139f0c9d144bf57423da4f8cd8.png

I think Panacea's proc isn't counted here because it's a periodic chance of +%end rather than a boost to Recovery stat.  So you might mentally add about 0.375 end/sec to the number shown here if you have it slotted (and have 100 max end... 0.412/sec if you have both accolades).