HELP NEEDED: Magisterium Triple Threat

Oklahoman

Part Guide, Part Plea For Ideas

I love leading Magisteriums, but for me the Triple Threat badge is very tough to get a league to cooperate. I've been researching for awhile and trying some different things, but nothing is consistently working. So I thought I would come to the forums where everyone is always so helpful and non-judgemental.

I understand that using Discord makes this easier. I personally hate Discord, with the white hot passion of a thousand suns. I refuse to use it. Besides, having been in a league myself that used it to get the Triple Threat badge, I would argue its value is that everyone in the league is focused on the voice channel for direction. So, why doesn't the league (text) channel work just as well?

I digress. What I am running into is that I successfully get the league to 10% on the AVs and hold, go to 5% and hold, and even go to 2% and hold. At that point we are waiting for Nega's shield and Chimera to sit still for half a second. Inevitably, someone gets an itchy trigger finger and down goes an AV, leaving the rest of to race to finish off the other AVs at non-optimal times. I've tried several different ways of coaching the league down that last stretch, but 9 times out of 10 that's what happens. It's like no one learned anything from BAF - Gotta Keep Em Separated runs. 🙂

Any constructive ideas would be great. I try to join in other runs to see what they do, but usually they are using discord. I even require everyone to be +3 - more for the game knowledge I hope they have at that point than the actual level shifts.

It seems we fairly consistently get Hard Way with little to no direction, so I don't stress about it. We might miss it on one run, but we usually get it on the next. One suggestion I might try myself is asking people to pass me their quills if they know they are not going to use them, because I can zip around with those to extinguish the lights.

We're real consistent with Ready to Rumble. I stress it's a race to drop Black Swan, and during the run I try to give the league a target time (##:15 on your clock, for instance) so everyone can be tied into that. I usually wait and call for Lore pets until we are waiting for "your doom" to show up, just so they are still up when we go see Tyrant. I don't assign people to take out the portals, I just ask for RANGED folks to handle that.

I haven't lead a successful Really Hard Way run yet, but I've seen it done - just can't seem to duplicate it with a league yet. Any thoughts or suggestions there are welcome, too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

With no experience leading any incarnate trials, take this with less than a grain of salt - but perhaps if you notice someone willfully ignoring your stated goal (of getting Triple Threat), then you could right click that player's name and remove them from the instance. Laying on the chat will only work with folks who care to read it or can keep up with all of the information being put out. 

I think if you've gotten to the point that you're soliciting advice from this forum, you're well within your rights as the leader/organizer of the badge run to simply boot the player(s) who is/are not following your guidance.

Good luck! I still need my incarnate trial badges, but I too loathe the teammate who nullifies hours of work by choosing not to do what they agreed to before hand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Well, here's the thing with leading from Discord as opposed to not using it.

Saying aloud "Team 1, slow down" or "Tic, Everyone attack!" is a LOT faster and more efficient than typing enter, typing one of those messages clearly, hitting enter again, and hoping everyone notices the little text in the corner of their screen. Macros take care of the first problem, but doesn't solve the second.

Unless the devs ever decide to make a feature that has the league leader's text come up

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN IN GIANT RED TEXT

You'll have to deal with the fact hat people aren't paying attention to this

My advice is to overcome your discomfort with discord. Hearing is (generally) easier than reading.

However, like Glacier Peak said, if it's one person always ruining your runs, check and see if it's the same dude each time. It's one thing to not pay attention to or understand directions. It's another to ignore it, and another-nother all together to purposefully sabotage a badge run.

Another culprit could be DoT. Maybe ask people to swap out of DoT Interface procs or not use other powers that rely on such effects (like most immobs). Also, pets; any that can't be made to heel (like Controller pets) should be dismissed during the 5-2-burn stage.

For Really Hard Way:

This usually needs some prep. Have everyone acquire as much of the following before starting the run: 1-2 hours of EACH of the P2W buffs (will cost 2.5 million for an hour of each). Have everyone get 4 Ultimate inspirations, and fill the rest of their tray with Epic Team Damage inspirations (available from Luna in Ouro. Though this is a bit negotiable; if a blaster needs purples and oranges, it's better for them to have those. You can't DPS if you're dead!). For Interface, diamagnetic, reactive, and degenerative are the best choices to deal with Tyrants stats. Purple patch and max stacking means they won't do much, but every little bit helps. Also, make sure they're using the Longbow or Banished Pantheon T4 Lore pets. These are specific since they have good -res in their attacks.

Strategy: People HAVE to know to MOVE and NOT STOP when the message "The air around Tyrant cackles!" comes up. Wait for the flash, then circle back and continue to attack once the lightning pillars are in place. Make sure people DON'T FLY, as, much like with Battle Maiden's blue patches, the lightning patches can hurt people UNDER them, too (specifically, people can fly, but make sure they're low enough to the ground that other players will see a lightning pillar). Tyrant gets a regen boost at 40%. This is when you need to call for Lores (if they weren't out already), and have everyone pop multiple Epic Team Reds and an Ultimate inspiration each, if they haven't been popped already, then go as hard as you can. Try to avoid dying; this doesn't boost Tyrant's stats, but it's less DPS being maintained if someone has to stay trapped in Dream Doctor's trippy space bowl for 30 seconds. You only have to burn off 30% of his HP; at 10%, that's when the Well goes "lol chump" and reverts him to a normal lvl 50 AV. At that point, you've won.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I, for one, appreciate that Oklahoman doesn't use Discord.  I used it once to get Really Hard Way (and possibly Triple Threat—I can't remember now if I got that on one of Oklahoman's runs or a RHW run), but I really prefer not having to fire up Discord to play CoH.

I suspect that the BAF Keep 'em Separated badge is actually teaching people the wrong lesson: that there's plenty of wiggle room around the "same time" timing.  Thing is, though, the timing on Triple Threat is a lot tighter and the AVs have much better regeneration.  So people can kind of get away with not watching chat in BAF and still sneak away with the badge.  In Magesterium, not so much.  The timing for Triple Threat is so tight that it's hard to get even if everyone is paying attention to chat and attacking only when told.  Without Discord, you need both a good group and luck to get that badge.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Laying on the chat will only work with folks who care to read it or can keep up with all of the information being put out. 

I went through an extremely brief period (like, 2 hours) where I literally had a Google quiz people had to pass before joining my Lambda badge runs! 🙂 Through time, effort, and tinkering with how I run it, I now only have groups fail it occasionally rather than routinely - without a pre-game test. 

14 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Unless the devs ever decide to make a feature that has the league leader's text come up...

Actually would love it to be a default setting that team leaders and league leaders chat messages are highlighted, but I also LOVE the idea of league leaders getting to have a big message on the screen like you recommend.

4 hours ago, Zhym said:

The timing for Triple Threat is so tight that it's hard to get even if everyone is paying attention to chat and attacking only when told.  Without Discord, you need both a good group and luck to get that badge.

Completely agree. The advantage of Discord in this case is that you are also selecting from a pool of players who WILL listen to instruction. If I can duplicate that for players who are willing to READ instead of just listen, then you just leave that luck element you mentioned.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

Completely agree. The advantage of Discord in this case is that you are also selecting from a pool of players who WILL listen to instruction. If I can duplicate that for players who are willing to READ instead of just listen, then you just leave that luck element you mentioned.

Well, that plus listening requires a different sort of attention than reading.  You don't have to look away from the battle to hear someone say "WHOA!" 

But really, anyone who is paying attention and listened at the start of the TF should be watching the health bars at that point anyway, not all the FX on the screen.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:15 AM, EmperorSteele said:

For Really Hard Way:

This usually needs some prep. Have everyone acquire as much of the following before starting the run: 1-2 hours of EACH of the P2W buffs (will cost 2.5 million for an hour of each). Have everyone get 4 Ultimate inspirations, and fill the rest of their tray with Epic Team Damage inspirations (available from Luna in Ouro. Though this is a bit negotiable; if a blaster needs purples and oranges, it's better for them to have those. You can't DPS if you're dead!). For Interface, diamagnetic, reactive, and degenerative are the best choices to deal with Tyrants stats. Purple patch and max stacking means they won't do much, but every little bit helps. Also, make sure they're using the Longbow or Banished Pantheon T4 Lore pets. These are specific since they have good -res in their attacks.

Strategy: People HAVE to know to MOVE and NOT STOP when the message "The air around Tyrant cackles!" comes up. Wait for the flash, then circle back and continue to attack once the lightning pillars are in place. Make sure people DON'T FLY, as, much like with Battle Maiden's blue patches, the lightning patches can hurt people UNDER them, too (specifically, people can fly, but make sure they're low enough to the ground that other players will see a lightning pillar). Tyrant gets a regen boost at 40%. This is when you need to call for Lores (if they weren't out already), and have everyone pop multiple Epic Team Reds and an Ultimate inspiration each, if they haven't been popped already, then go as hard as you can. Try to avoid dying; this doesn't boost Tyrant's stats, but it's less DPS being maintained if someone has to stay trapped in Dream Doctor's trippy space bowl for 30 seconds. You only have to burn off 30% of his HP; at 10%, that's when the Well goes "lol chump" and reverts him to a normal lvl 50 AV. At that point, you've won.

This is a *great* write-up, thanks for this.  We've struggled to do it a few times largely because (a) we popped Lores at the start and then they fizzled out by the time his regen got the boost at 40%, and (b) people when dodging the lightning stop attacking which lets his regen heal him up (dodge and keep shooting is needed).  Takes some getting used to.  Granted these were 8-person league struggles but the same applies to bigger leagues.  Team reds (that you buy with merits from Luna) are really helpful too. 

On Triple Threat, yeh, basically people don't read chat - they get scrapper-locked. Sometimes you get unlucky too like a regen tick from one of the AVs right when you decide to burn them together.  But reading is hard. I'm guilty of it too. I gave in and use Discord with TFJ now.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone tried maybe asking the league to back away from the AVs at, say, 5% and letting 3 defined players finish it? Are +3 decently built characters strong enough to keep making a dent on the AVs by themselves at that point? I feel like time isn't usually the issue, and with a general retreat order it becomes really apparent who's not participating - they stick out like a sore thumb. We can always have people buff/heal the 3 attacking the AVs.

I just can't go with a solution that relies on Discord, so at the end of all this if that just leaves luck, then so be it. 

3 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Has anyone tried maybe asking the league to back away from the AVs at, say, 5% and letting 3 defined players finish it? Are +3 decently built characters strong enough to keep making a dent on the AVs by themselves at that point? I feel like time isn't usually the issue, and with a general retreat order it becomes really apparent who's not participating - they stick out like a sore thumb. We can always have people buff/heal the 3 attacking the AVs.

I just can't go with a solution that relies on Discord, so at the end of all this if that just leaves luck, then so be it. 

I like that idea, having heavy hitters designated ahead of time to finish off the last slivers of health. You could be on to something!

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I can agree it's easier with it but not everyone has or even wants discord. Discord was released 6 years ago while this trial was released 8 years ago. Unless you had teamspeak or skype, it was pretty much text. Have you tried using incand to tp everyone to the last AV standing as a last resort type thing? But obviously you'll have to be quick, alternatively 1 incand per team.  Or maybe you could pull the 2 AVs to Chimera when he does his teleports. Perhaps you could combine these strategies with those 3 defined players. I've had plenty of failures getting this badge, so I just resigned myself and let others do it instead.

Edited by DarkWings
Minor tweaks
  • Like 1

Bring the 3 AVs close to each other at 10%,  bring them down to 5 and then 2 and have everyone go nuts with judgments and AoE.  At least button mashing ranged attacks if they are close will let u shoot another when yours goes down.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:04 PM, Oklahoman said:

So I thought I would come to the forums where everyone is always so helpful and non-judgemental.

You're a kind and funny cowboy.

https://assets.ltkcontent.com/images/32763/funny-cowboy-laughing_0066f46bde.jpg

Do you have a text parser or are you willing to run a few and check the combat spam to see who or what is killing the AVs?  Knowing who or what is doing the killing would be key to solving the issue, IMO.  Is it a certain player that keeps doing it?  Pets?  Blasters?  Whatever.  You have to know what the real problem is before you can fix it.

There are a few long animating attacks that might be started just before the stop command that can't be cancelled once started.  And many of those are hard hitting - like KO Blow and Bitter Freeze Ray.  So perhaps telling folks to use quick attacks only after 10 or 5%?

• Like 2

So..you're asking for constructive ideas, which would hopefully be somewhat helpful. First, understand that you are not alone in getting frustrated with player's getting antsy and acting too fast. 

Triple Threat is a challenge primarily because of the combination of Regen AND the porting nonsense of Chimera relocating - AND folks not even assigned to base Chimera getting ported as well, which can really muck things up, as you're no doubt aware. 

So what's the solution aside from discord? There is an easy solution, but the implementation of that solution is not so easy, if that makes any sense. You need 2 team leaders that use macros efficiently, as you do. 

Covering each scenario, "Hold on Chimera", "Chimera ported", "Damn Shield is up", etc. 

So..what does a league leader with a reputation for accepting anyone who meets the minimal criteria to do when players do jump the gun? You have choices. You can make comments in player notes - which sadly do not seem to carry over to your alts. Make a mental note that these players, for any number of reasons, some lame, some valid, just can't be trusted because of a lack of literacy. 

When you run these things as often as you do, I would venture to guess there's a "core group" of players you're accustomed to seeing in your leagues. You should be getting a feel for their overall competency. Maybe invest some time and share with them the wonders of the pop-menu, which I presume you've mastered, if they don't know it already. I think, if you just get a couple of team leaders that are savvy enough, that type fast enough, or use macros well enough, it can make a huge difference in communicating the relevant information in the 5%-2%-Kill to 0 range. 

Below are just some of my opinions, and suggestions - not to be confused with actual facts:
Some players will NEVER join any Magi Badge effort without being t-4'd in all. They're out for the badges, mainly. My personal rule of thumb is, if they have the 4 passive stat boosting accolades or a high badge count - like over 500, preferably over 1000, they are going to understand what's going on. Not guaranteed, of course, but it increases the odds that they have a clue. 
Some folks are trying to get t-4 and likely recognize that if they're not t-4 and get Master of Magi...that's a free random rare drop, plus all the yummy astrals and emps, and the usual reward table. You're one of the few that will accept these players into your trials, and if they don't know this, they should. There's not a huge difference between t-3 and t-4, but it's enough to notice when facing Tyrant, if not going for Triple Threat. 

With regards to the trial itself, I think it's worth explaining to non-savvy/inexperienced players how to determine that the shield is up. Some with weaker graphic settings may never even notice it. 
Definitely explain that when the words "chimera ported" are used that they should wait to hear from you for any kill call. 
Taunters with the psi damage proc, and other players with damage auras should also be aware that these do damage and are not encouraged at the 2% point, even though most are thinking that there's no way they could kill the AV themselves with a taunt proc. And they likely can't...but why leave things to chance? There's server lag, where the player sees at 2% value in the trial box, but the actual % is 1% - that was actually less than 1%, but rounded up.  With 24 players in one instance, there's really no telling what's really going on sometimes, with 100% certainty. 
Certainly ALL MMs, Controllers, Doms, ANY AND ALL PETS should have been dismissed at 5% remaining damage at the latest. Some say uncontrollable pets, but there are a number of MM players that simply do not control their pets. It's entirely possible they got PL'd to 50, and haven't learned the first thing about controlling the pets beyond dancing and silly emotes. Your team leads can certainly help with this, too. 

As for the biggest problem to overcome - the lack of attentive reading - that's tough.
My best constructive advice is to type things ahead of time to determine who's paying attention, and who's not. If they're not, you simply boot them, sending them a tell, "Sorry, this badge requires paying full attention to chat. Sorry to say, you weren't. Catch us next time!" 

Have several of these before the trial begins. And maybe even have one after Dream Doctor ports you into the "Kill 250 IDF" portion. 

People will respond to the audio cue more quickly than the typed word. The primary reason, at least for me, is I'm focused on what my character is doing. I'm looking at my health bar, I'm looking at my target. I'm usually looking for a tank with some type of a herd for me to nuke. But in the context of Triple Threat, I am seriously checking my power tray for recharge times, checking my health, the health of the team, the hp of the AV I'm assigned to, the other two AVs -- there's a lot of info in the trial box to keep track of, to keep from screwing up. Having to read chat, too - and sift out the silly, useless comments - which may have caused instructions to scroll up outside of my small chat pane...it just increases the chance of my taking the eyes off the ball. 

I am not a fan of discord, but it's an incredible tool. I have ZERO desire to chat with other players and crack jokes or get to know anyone. I'm here to play a game and pass some time. If I wanted to be social, I'd call or visit friends. Still, when the server hiccups during a Master of Underground, where we just finish taking down the last bomb without incident, and I'm able to relay how folks can get back into the trial and not lose progress - where I'd have to find some way to remember all those names on the league without having used discord - it would have been a loss. That's when you can really appreciate Discord. (although it's seriously a stupid name, even though it's usually quite appropriate with folks always talking over each other. ) 

But I get it. You may have family or roommates that may not appreciate the required jabbering that Discord would require. And it is annoying, particularly when someone tells you, "I can hear u breathing! Stop that!" as if you're breathing just to annoy them. Or someone says they can't hear you. Now what the heck can you do about that? It's not like Discord has a clear help section. It's much easier to type what solution you're looking for in Google than using Discord's help. I don't hate it as much as you, but I'm not a fan. It's a tool, nothing more. 

That's a lot - I know. Hope it's at least somewhat helpful. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/18/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

You're a kind and funny cowboy.

https://assets.ltkcontent.com/images/32763/funny-cowboy-laughing_0066f46bde.jpg

Do you have a text parser or are you willing to run a few and check the combat spam to see who or what is killing the AVs?  Knowing who or what is doing the killing would be key to solving the issue, IMO.  Is it a certain player that keeps doing it?  Pets?  Blasters?  Whatever.  You have to know what the real problem is before you can fix it.

There are a few long animating attacks that might be started just before the stop command that can't be cancelled once started.  And many of those are hard hitting - like KO Blow and Bitter Freeze Ray.  So perhaps telling folks to use quick attacks only after 10 or 5%?

This is an excellent point. Long animation attacks that tend to do high dps can certainly ruin things. 

I don't know if you can lay blame on any one specific thing.  That kill window is really tight.  Sometimes it could be some people not paying as close attention to the bars of all 3 AVs, sometimes its the RNG hp boost one of them randomly gets.

It is a hard badge to get in all honesty, I wouldn't out and blame any one specific thing.  When organizing the Magisterium I'd iterate if this is the badge your seeking the most that this is the part you highlight for people to pay attention to, the rest of the itrial is cake if you can get this one down.  I'd be sure to gameplan this for everyone as you're putting together the team, keep it simple "this is the part you need to pay attention to", have fun the rest of the way.  

No pets, split up the teams pretty evenly, I'd even say put a smidge more damage on Chimera thanks to his teleport.  Slow crawl from 5hp then to 2hp and try to burn them after you've overcome any recent sudden hp gain once they're all back down on 2hp.  

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

I don't know if you can lay blame on any one specific thing.  That kill window is really tight.  Sometimes it could be some people not paying as close attention to the bars of all 3 AVs, sometimes its the RNG hp boost one of them randomly gets.

It is a hard badge to get in all honesty, I wouldn't out and blame any one specific thing.  When organizing the Magisterium I'd iterate if this is the badge your seeking the most that this is the part you highlight for people to pay attention to, the rest of the itrial is cake if you can get this one down.  I'd be sure to gameplan this for everyone as you're putting together the team, keep it simple "this is the part you need to pay attention to", have fun the rest of the way.  

No pets, split up the teams pretty evenly, I'd even say put a smidge more damage on Chimera thanks to his teleport.  Slow crawl from 5hp then to 2hp and try to burn them after you've overcome any recent sudden hp gain once they're all back down on 2hp.  

One thing to remember though - you might kill the AVs within the prescribed window of time to get the badge - but you still have to beat Tyrant - AND not do it so quickly where he bugs out. Because this badge won't award unless you complete the trial. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ukase said:

One thing to remember though - you might kill the AVs within the prescribed window of time to get the badge - but you still have to beat Tyrant - AND not do it so quickly where he bugs out. Because this badge won't award unless you complete the trial. 

Yeah but that's a bridge easily crossed once you're there.  When it gets to that part just tell everyone not to use any temps and have a few people already designated for temp duty.  

We made 3 attempts at it yesterday. First attempt was my regular approach, and again someone got an itchy trigger finger and dropped an AV before I said go.

The next 2 runs we did like I mentioned above, where starting at 5% I asked only tanks and brutes to fight. Again, the first result failed because an AV dropped before I said go. The last run failed because one of the AVs regenned a bunch right after I said go. On that last run, the tanks and brutes had trouble keeping the AVs around 2%, and we had to keep jumping in and helping.

Someone mentioned Damage over Time as a likely culprit, as well, rather than an itchy trigger finger. Could well be given selection of interface. Also, someone mentioned dragging all 3 AVs together, but since Chimera jumps around that doesn't seem like it would work.

Still looking for a solid way to do this with in-game chat only, so I am open to ideas. It's a tough badge to get, but I refuse to believe you need either Discord, luck, or both to get it.

Well...unfortunately, you DO need a little bit of luck. 

Let us, for the sake of argument, assume that you have 24 grizzled veterans who all have done this trial and gotten this badge on numerous alts. 
You're in command of the league, and you've gotten all three whittled down to 2%. 

Chimera ports, but your savvy team 3 leader mashes a macro in time sharing this critical info to you in time to prevent you from saying "kill 'em all!"
Team 3 (the team on Chimera) gets back in position, teams 1 and 2 are ready. You're ready to give the kill command. 

One of two things happens - and your anecdote in one of your three runs makes this clear: you can do everything right and properly, and that regen tick can come after you give the kill command, and it's simply too late for your league to stop killing them. Or, there is no tick and you get the job done. It really is a 50/50 proposal, even WITH Discord. So, I would take these attempts with a grain of salt, and still hold your head up. You're doing something most simply won't try to do. 

This one thought occurs to me, though. 
Have ONE player (or maybe 2)  with incan be far from all three AVs and their job is to monitor the hp of the three AVs once they're at 5%. 
They are to have incan selected and ready to fire, where all they have to do is click for the incan to pop. (and all players need to have tp prompt disabled) 
They click ONLY if they see a regen tick after you give the kill command. But they have to be really attentive. 

It's such a narrow window of time - it may not work, as powers that are activated but not landed, will still land and do damage, even if you've been ported 300 feet away. But it may be worth a try. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Have ONE player (or maybe 2)  with incan be far from all three AVs and their job is to monitor the hp of the three AVs once they're at 5%. 
They are to have incan selected and ready to fire, where all they have to do is click for the incan to pop. (and all players need to have tp prompt disabled) 
They click ONLY if they see a regen tick after you give the kill command. But they have to be really attentive. 

I like this concept of a safety valve, because as a league leader trying to guide everyone at the end there is SO MUCH to try to keep track of. Having someone else keeping an eye on a couple of those things would help. May play around with this idea, thanks!

Last night we were successful in getting Triple Threat on the third try. First try failed due to itchy trigger finger syndrome. I think it was a MM who wasn't controlling their pets.

Second and third try used the same plan, which was to get all the AVs down to 2% and hold, then turn the NEGA team loose and ask the other 2 AV teams to take their cue from the NEGA team. On the second try we were off by maybe half a second - it was really close. On the third try all the AVs dropped at pretty much exactly the same time.

No doubt luck and overall league skill factors into it heavily. My goal is just to get us in a position to succeed as often as possible. I'm gonna run with this plan and try to standardize it into my popmenu. Again, still love to hear new ideas, so keep 'em coming.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, Ukase said:

I am not a fan of discord, but it's an incredible tool. I have ZERO desire to chat with other players and crack jokes or get to know anyone. I'm here to play a game and pass some time. If I wanted to be social, I'd call or visit friends.

Please show us on the doll where the "multiplayer online" portion of MMORPG hurt you. There's social anxiety and then there's just being a jerk. If Discord (or TeamSpeak, or Ventrilo, or Skype, or whatever else has been around since Paragon first got us going; we used Vent on Pinnacle to coordinate Abandoned Sewer Trials) is offered as a team-coordination *tool* and not made mandatory, then I don't see any issues. If the leader(s) don't want to be heard, I'll read your scripts for you. I'm a 36-year-old man and I'm 15-plus years removed from anybody giving me shit about my global name.

If you don't want to chat or make friends, then don't say a damn word and listen to instructions. I'm looking at it as a "use all available tools for success" thing, rather than excluding a powerful tool. It's about accessibility, like closed captioning or having someone using ASL so more folks know what's going on. 

• Thumbs Down 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

39 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Please show us on the doll where the "multiplayer online" portion of MMORPG hurt you. There's social anxiety and then there's just being a jerk. If Discord (or TeamSpeak, or Ventrilo, or Skype, or whatever else has been around since Paragon first got us going; we used Vent on Pinnacle to coordinate Abandoned Sewer Trials) is offered as a team-coordination *tool* and not made mandatory, then I don't see any issues. If the leader(s) don't want to be heard, I'll read your scripts for you. I'm a 36-year-old man and I'm 15-plus years removed from anybody giving me shit about my global name.

If you don't want to chat or make friends, then don't say a damn word and listen to instructions. I'm looking at it as a "use all available tools for success" thing, rather than excluding a powerful tool. It's about accessibility, like closed captioning or having someone using ASL so more folks know what's going on. 

Whoa, cowboy!  Nobody said there were any issues. The OP said he didn't like using discord. I can relate. It isn't always fun. 

I've heard profanity, perversion, all manner of things on discord that wasn't game related which I didn't want to hear. I've had people complain because I had noise in the background. I've had people complain because they couldn't hear me. I've had people complain because they could hear me breathing. I've had it where 3 people could hear me, but I was "garbled" and the other 4 folks heard me loud and clear. Yet none of these folks had a clue how to address these issues. Or if they did, they kept them to themselves, as if it was my problem. You hear noise in the background, that's a shame. Too damn bad. You deal with it in whatever way suits you. 

See? Discord is aptly named! It can be a great tool, but it also can cause issues because not everyone understands everything there is to know about microphones, sound drivers, etc. I sure don't. Why? Because it's not important to me. Don't get me wrong - I'll use it because it makes things easier. I have a lot of macros, which I will and do use in addition to discord for those that can't stand discord or can't hear or have other issues. But only if there's something like a master run do I use macros. It's just easier to do the chat than to type. But that doesn't mean I enjoy hearing the comments that one person thinks is funny and I think is just stupid. There's funny, and there's so stupid I can't help but chuckle. I much prefer the former.