A question: Void Skiff and Rocket Board

Techwright

Its the positioning I believe. the skiff and rocket board make you take a specific body position which is interrupted by power activations which require different body postures

flight and hover or super leap and Combat jump or super speed dont require special positions to function so theyre not interrupted by combat activation or power use

but the above two think of the position as part of the powers activation so it is interrupted by the activation of another power which requires the character to move in a way that interrupts the boards mechanics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

Void Skiff and Rocket Board:  what was the thinking behind their design that refused to allow fighting from them?  Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it, but wouldn't it essentially be like fighting with a temporary rocket pack attached? 

I'd wager its due to not having animations associated with using those powers. So either all powers would need their own unique animations while riding them or they make it only affect self. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

47 minutes ago, Xenosone said:

Why pick a travel ppwer when you can just buy it?

Why buy a travel power when you can just pick it?

In all seriousness, I struggle to find a power I want/will use by the end anyways.  So using a slot or two on travel is fine by me.

3 hours ago, Xenosone said:

Why pick a travel ppwer when you can just buy it?

Well, even if the skiff and board were flight-and-fight, they're not upgrade-able in speed.  So you're stuck with basic speed.  The same holds true for rocket packs.  I do wish P2W had a temporary flight speed upgrade for purchase that could be applied to any standard flight pack .

For some characters, a rocket board, a void skiff, or the magic carpet are the best fit concept wise.

I just find it annoying to have to re-toggle everything back on after using any of the above travel powers.

If they could switch it to suppress everything rather than de-toggle everything (unless they've done that and I haven't noticed), I'd be happy.

That is really my only beef with those powers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

For some characters, a rocket board, a void skiff, or the magic carpet are the best fit concept wise.

I just find it annoying to have to re-toggle everything back on after using any of the above travel powers.

If they could switch it to suppress everything rather than de-toggle everything (unless they've done that and I haven't noticed), I'd be happy.

They were changed to suppress in the last update.

Actually, they were changed to apply Only Affecting Self, so technically, your toggles aren't even suppressed.  Same net effect, you can ride without retoggling now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

15 hours ago, Luminara said:

They were changed to suppress in the last update.

Actually, they were changed to apply Only Affecting Self, so technically, your toggles aren't even suppressed.  Same net effect, you can ride without retoggling now.

awesome. It's been a bit since I played my character with the magic carpet...or the rocket board.

Looks like I might have to get back to them again...when I get my current character to 50. (only 5 levels to go)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A Cat said:

Just tried the rocket board for the first time. It is so cool! Wish it were faster and all but it is so cool! 

You can turn on Fly (for access to Afterburner), Hover for added mobility, and Evasive Maneuvers while Rocket Board/Void Skiff/Magic Carpet are active. With all four powers active (Fly, Hover, Afterburner, EM), and the P2W flight power, you are sitting at 102MPH Fly speed. 

Edit: I may have mixed up the exact speed boosts for each power - Evasive Maneuvers by itself doesn't make you fly faster, it gives more maneuverability. Hover with Evasive Maneuvers adds about 2 MPH total. And Fly raises the Fly speed cap. Afterburner raises the Fly speed cap even higher, to 102.27MPH.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

You can turn on Fly (for access to Afterburner), Hover for added mobility, and Evasive Maneuvers while Rocket Board/Void Skiff/Magic Carpet are active. With all four powers active (Fly, Hover, Afterburner, EM), and the P2W flight power, you are sitting at 102MPH Fly speed. 

Edit: I may have mixed up the exact speed boosts for each power - Evasive Maneuvers by itself doesn't make you fly faster, it gives more maneuverability. Hover with Evasive Maneuvers adds about 2 MPH total. And Fly raises the Fly speed cap. Afterburner raises the Fly speed cap even higher, to 102.27MPH.

Good to know. That's on a non travel power natural guy right now but not I need to try it on my other character with fly! Just the animation of your guy junping on there is delightful. 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, Twisted Toon said:

They fixed this in the last update.  They don't toggle off anymore.

Also, they wanted to make them 'Less' than the actual powers.  They are slower and you can't fight from them - but you can be targeted - just like Personal Forcefield - you can't attack, but you can be attacked.  But, I believe I've made this argument elsewhere...

It is a pretty cool feature.

Had the great idea of making a rock tank.  Figured when I finally got Granite I would just hoverboard from group to group with ease. Paired it with axe mainly because I thought it would be funny to see a pile of boulders swing it around. Named him S Car Go.

But let's face it, between the speed I play tanks and vague memories of the one miserable experience I had on Live  with the set, it will take forever to hit 32.  

So please someone else do this and let me know how well it works.

11 hours ago, Sakai said:

It is a pretty cool feature.

Had the great idea of making a rock tank.  Figured when I finally got Granite I would just hoverboard from group to group with ease. Paired it with axe mainly because I thought it would be funny to see a pile of boulders swing it around. Named him S Car Go.

But let's face it, between the speed I play tanks and vague memories of the one miserable experience I had on Live  with the set, it will take forever to hit 32.  

So please someone else do this and let me know how well it works.

Granite toggles off if you click a travel power. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

14 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Granite toggles off if you click a travel power. 

Including the rocket boards and such?

That makes sense but is too bad. Guess I will use the name and costume for someone else. 

Thanks for the info. 

Edited by Sakai
  • Thumbs Up 1