A few problematic power-related things-- for me, anyway.

Globalize

Okay, first; can we PLEASE get rid of the pulsed effect on Proton Volley from the Radiation Blast set?  I'm sorry, but I'm SNIPING AND DEFEATING characters, they should NOT have time to hit me with poison (Blood Widows) or, for the love of SANITY, projectile vomit on me (abominations/cadavers, who are SLOW TO BEGING WITH!), or otherwise do me harm before they fall.

Why does Electricity Manipulation need both Dynamo and Power Sink?  I've not used PS since the revamp of of the set, and see no need for it.  Maybe something new to go there?

And finally, a couple of power customization concerns: When can we have minimal effects on Athletic Run (I'm sorry, the contrail/condensation/whatever looks ridiculous!) and can we please, PLEASE, PLEASE have a minimal effects setting for the entire Plant Manipulation secondary Blaster set!?  I am tired of looking like Swamp Thing's FREAKY SISTER every time I use most of those powers!

And maybe some minimal AUDIO effects on stuff like Ice Manipulation, etc?

10 hours ago, Globalize said:

Okay, first; can we PLEASE get rid of the pulsed effect on Proton Volley from the Radiation Blast set?  I'm sorry, but I'm SNIPING AND DEFEATING characters, they should NOT have time to hit me with poison (Blood Widows) or, for the love of SANITY, projectile vomit on me (abominations/cadavers, who are SLOW TO BEGING WITH!), or otherwise do me harm before they fall.

The speed and damage delivery of attacks is part of the power design. Proton Volley was designed as a limited Dot -- it delivers four pulses of damage across its duration. If the first pulse of damage doesn't defeat the target, they can attack back before all the damage is applied.

There are other, more serious issues with how effects are applied to mobs that should be addressed before looking at damage application -- how Stun works is perhaps the biggest one. When you stun a mob, it doesn't interrupt any queued action -- and I have personally seen a mob I attacked get stunned, assuming the 'wobbling around' body animation as it dashed at high speed more than fifty feet, lept to the roof of a building, and disappeared from view, all while stunned. Stun should interrupt any queued action, replacing it with the "I'm stunned" stumble.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, there are serious issues with the timing of how the power effects go off and affect enemy behavior.   The problem is, I don't see how you address those issues without a huge amount of changing up the code, so I think it's likely this isn't going to change any time soon.  Don't get me wrong, I agree with the OP, so if the Dev's decide they can do it and make it a priority, I'm behind that plan 100%!!!  👍

Edited by Triumphant

1 hour ago, Tiger Shadow said:

Corruptors tend to like the pulse effect on Proton Volley, more chances to scourge.

Not how that works.  Scourge chance is calculated once at application of effect.  It's not like a rain, which has a pseudo-pet that applies powers that happen over and over again.

2 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Yeah, there are serious issues with the timing of how the power effects go off and affect enemy behavior.   The problem is, I don't see how you address those issues without a huge amount of changing up the code, so I think it's likely this isn't going to change any time soon.  Don't get me wrong, I agree with the OP, so if the Dev's decide they can do it and make it a priority, I'm behind that plan 100%!!!  👍

The issue I have here is that this is the ONLY sniper power where, *even though I defeat the enemy with one use of the power,* the can still damage me.  That's... uncool.  And I do like the rest of the set, so would hate to just put it on the "don't use that set" list.

Edited by Globalize

Yea, you shouldn't put it on any "don't use" lists because it's a very good set.

Any enemy you can eliminate with your Sniper attack isn't dangerous enough to care if it gets to attack you once.

Against harder enemies, bosses, elite bosses, monsters, archvillains, giant monsters, Proton Volley is very good dps and doesn't need any changes.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Yea, you shouldn't put it on any "don't use" lists because it's a very good set.

Any enemy you can eliminate with your Sniper attack isn't dangerous enough to care if it gets to attack you once.

Against harder enemies, bosses, elite bosses, monsters, archvillains, giant monsters, Proton Valley is very good dps and doesn't need any changes.

Yep. DoT exists. It’s not a problem.

5 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I liked it so much I bought the company- er- made it the primary set on my main alt.

Seriously, though, a quick DoT for a snipe that can take the Achilles proc and sound like you're firing on a Klingon cruiser?  I'll take that trade!

• Thumbs Up 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit