My next MM

The_Warpact

So in my cadre of MMs, I've decided to make another one. But, I need some ideas on what I should make, so that's where you come in.

Give me some suggestions, I have.

Necro/Dark

Bots/FF

Necro/Storm

Necro/EA

Merc/Traps 

Thug/Thermal (stuck at 32)

Beast/Cold lvl 30 currently lvling

Ninja/Storm deleted too mehtastic

Demon/Cold deleted was my av/gm killer

Beast/Kin blah..deleted 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

11 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

Necro/Thermal.....I mean, who doesn't love a flaming on fire zombie?

I haven't done one, but something with /Nature? (You don't have one listed).

I ran a Mercs/Pain, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed Beast/Time.

I WAS thinking of a necro/therm since I'm not keen on the thugs/therm. I just made a /time troller so thats too soon on that secondary. 

/Nature is another one...alot of heal/absorb in that one...hhhmmm decisions. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

Necro/nature could be a nice theme, if thats your thing. Or /Poison.

I know going with a theme or concept limits a few things, and may not be the most "powerful", but it can also be the most fun. 

Yeah Necro/Nature might be good sort of a dark woodland druid, evil dead thing.

Powerful is the last thing I want my demon/cold was a av/gm killer he was so uber it was boring.

I’m enjoying my necro/nature immensely, but not nearly as much as my Necro/Sonic (with fire APP). Once you hit level 32 and the pets heal themselves, it’s like cruise control on moderate difficulty (tackling +1/4 at level 43, but bump up to /5 or /6 for Council missions). It’s not the most uber, but my pets are sitting at ~71% resistance minimum. I spot heal with Aid Other and heal myself with Life Drain when the situation calls for it. Bonfire with the -kb proc along with Overwhelming Force in the tier 1 is fantastic mitigation layered with all the pets’ -ToHit and Pet def IOs. 

Basically, with the Pet uniques, the two knockdown procs and force feedback in bonfire, the core of the build is done. Basic IOS and SO slotting is fine; inventions only makes it more so. But, that also means it doesn’t really come together until level 36 at the earliest (for Bonfire).

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

8 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

I’m enjoying my necro/nature immensely, but not nearly as much as my Necro/Sonic (with fire APP). Once you hit level 32 and the pets heal themselves, it’s like cruise control on moderate difficulty (tackling +1/4 at level 43, but bump up to /5 or /6 for Council missions). It’s not the most uber, but my pets are sitting at ~71% resistance minimum. I spot heal with Aid Other and heal myself with Life Drain when the situation calls for it. Bonfire with the -kb proc along with Overwhelming Force in the tier 1 is fantastic mitigation layered with all the pets’ -ToHit and Pet def IOs. 

Basically, with the Pet uniques, the two knockdown procs and force feedback in bonfire, the core of the build is done. Basic IOS and SO slotting is fine; inventions only makes it more so. But, that also means it doesn’t really come together until level 36 at the earliest (for Bonfire).

I'm having deja vu, didn't we discuss /sonic before and we did a comparison to /thermal?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I'm having deja vu, didn't we discuss /sonic before and we did a comparison to /thermal?

Ugh I think you’re absolutely correct. I guess I just *really* like /sonic 😂 

• Thumbs Up 1

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I rather enjoy my necro/sonic MM, probably more than I liked necro/nature (though I'm debating recreating this combo). Necro/cold has the potential to be amusing as well.

There's a thread floating around here somewhere that makes mercs/nature seem interesting if you want a more tactical/in-depth playstyle. My bots/nature/fire is probably one of my most favorite MM's. Similar to the mercs/nature strategy, I lay down the faerie patch, command the bots into it, and then set them loose. I'm not good with epic pools, I just went fire as it kind of fits the theme/concept and allows her to help the bots with damage.

I've heard good things about demons/nature as well, and demons/ea is supposed to be pretty tanky.

Ninja/cold has been surprisingly effective, though I'm currently stuck in the 20's on that one as I predominantly solo her, and she's a villain, so I'm struggling a bit not getting her and the ninjas killed (likely due to lack of slotting and skill on my end).

Other MM combos I'm trying: Mercs/EA, Beasts/EA, Beasts/Dark, Thugs/Cold, Thugs/EA, and Demons/Storm 

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Ninja/sonic ought to be an interesting combo; you'll have to let us know how that experience goes, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

30 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

@TygerDarkstorm @Xandyr  @Nyghtmaire

Thanks for all the help.

I rolled 2 lol, necro/therm AND ninja/sonic.

Let the fun times roll.

Have Ninjas been “improved” at all? I just came back a couple weeks ago.

When last I checked, ninjas have:

Genin

• 6% AOE/Ranged/Melee Defense
  • -33.33% Confuse Duration
  • +2.0 Confuse Protection
  • +7.16 mph Run Speed

Jounin

• 13% AOE/Ranged/Melee Defense
  • +4.0 Confuse Protection
  • +7.16 mph Run Speed

Oni

• 6% AOE/Ranged/Melee Defense
  • 52% Fire Resist
  • 26% Smash/Lethal Resist
  • +4.0 Confuse Protection
  • +7.16 mph Run Speed

You might need both Aid Other AND Spirit Ward with no native resistance or healing to build from. Excited to hear how your experiment goes!

• Like 2

I have a demons/EA. And yes, it is tanky. Very tanky and sturdy.

I also have a necro/Thermal. It actually is a good powerset. I just hate the explosion of sound when you zone with necro. That's pretty much the reason I've given up on Necro. Isn't there a way to adjust sounds (and not just overall volume)? When you zone with Necro, the game plays the sound for all your summons at the same time, and it's annoying and loud.

I still think mercs/pain and beast/time are my 2 favorite MMs. Although mercs/storm was fun.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/21/2021 at 6:49 AM, The_Warpact said:

So in my cadre of MMs, I've decided to make another one. But, I need some ideas on what I should make, so that's where you come in.

Give me some suggestions, I have.

Necro/Dark

Bots/FF

Necro/Storm

Necro/EA

Merc/Traps 

Thug/Thermal (stuck at 32)

Beast/Cold lvl 30 currently lvling

Ninja/Storm deleted too mehtastic

Demon/Cold deleted was my av/gm killer

Beast/Kin blah..deleted 

Wait...you DIDN'T like Ninja/Storm?  Slot a couple KB to KD in Gale and Tornado put a OF: Chance for KD in Genins and thing are flopping all over the place.  It makes keeping your Ninjas that much easier.

You should also try using Poison in a couple of builds.  Thugs/Ninjas/Beasts I am having success with using Poison.  With Ninjas you can't fight huge groups.  But you can (once slotted) take down High level small groups.  With Thugs you can put Noxious Gas on your Bruiser have him run in and neuter the mobs.  Yes it is on a LONG cooldown (Devs please look into that) but it's highly effective against AV's.

TA is also a nice powerset to use with certain pets.  Again Thugs is a godly combo.  Laydown a Oil Slick and let your Arsonist ignite it.  Also pair up with Bonfire for more FIRE! (and control)

I'll also 2nd (and 3rd) Demons/EA.  Not only does it make your pets insanely hard to kill (with the +res field and always up heals and absorb), but they will never run out of END so they can just keep attacking.  Demon/Dark is also a close second in terms of tankiness. 

I have a Mercs/Nature that is doing ok at 35.  I haven't slotted it heavily, but because everyone is ranged you can keep them in your healing patch while you debuff everyone else.

• Like 1

Necro/Storm was quite possibly my most fun mastermind. I may have mentioned this before but the whole knock target down so zombies can pile on to feed is as cruel as it is satisfying. But the OP has already got one of those.

The real surprise, in terms of sheer enjoyment, was my Merc/FF mastermind. You wouldn't think pairing two of the worst performing powers would end well, would you? But somehow, without even noticing I got to Vet level 66 all the way solo.  I have a Thug/Cold and a Mercs/Traps mastermind. Either offers everything my Merc/FF does and more, so I should know better. Go figure.

The thing about Merc/FF is that all about constant, sustained, ranged fire. You line up your troops and keep shooting until everyihing is dead (which may take a while...). I took all three primary attacks, added a few proc so I join my troopers mowing down everything in our path. If something get's too close, Repuslion Field push it back.  It's so simple. I guess I kind of simple too.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

Wait...you DIDN'T like Ninja/Storm?  Slot a couple KB to KD in Gale and Tornado put a OF: Chance for KD in Genins and thing are flopping all over the place.  It makes keeping your Ninjas that much easier.

You should also try using Poison in a couple of builds.  Thugs/Ninjas/Beasts I am having success with using Poison.  With Ninjas you can't fight huge groups.  But you can (once slotted) take down High level small groups.  With Thugs you can put Noxious Gas on your Bruiser have him run in and neuter the mobs.  Yes it is on a LONG cooldown (Devs please look into that) but it's highly effective against AV's.

TA is also a nice powerset to use with certain pets.  Again Thugs is a godly combo.  Laydown a Oil Slick and let your Arsonist ignite it.  Also pair up with Bonfire for more FIRE! (and control)

I'll also 2nd (and 3rd) Demons/EA.  Not only does it make your pets insanely hard to kill (with the +res field and always up heals and absorb), but they will never run out of END so they can just keep attacking.  Demon/Dark is also a close second in terms of tankiness. 

I have a Mercs/Nature that is doing ok at 35.  I haven't slotted it heavily, but because everyone is ranged you can keep them in your healing patch while you debuff everyone else.

Oh I didn't say that I didn't like it but compared to necro/storm there is no comparison. 

I have a thug/psn that I have done nothing with although by now I think he has every day badge, I really should lvl him.

I was considering a demon/ea just haven't got there yet, unfortunately work takes up alot of my time. 

I do sort of the same thing with my merc/Traps although they just soak up the triage bracon energies. 

Was it just thugs/Poison or was it like thug/psn/mace? Care to post your build?

Demons/EA was one of my most durable characters I have ever had, and I have several fully incarnate tankers and she still is as tough as them.

I would ask if you are going for min/maxing or more for fun, or just to try new things out?

I noticed you have no /Trick Arrow builds yet, and it was revamped recently so that might be something new?

No /Time, Nature, Pain, Poison, Sonic, Radiation, Empathy.

For pets, it looks like you have tried everything but Mercs. (not suggesting you do!) So there is nothing really new there.

So here are some combinations off the top of my head that might do well.

Robots/Time

Beast/Nature

Necromancy/Radiation

Thugs/Pain

Demons/Sonic

Thugs/Trick Arrow

I have never played Poison or Empathy, so I can't really comment on those.

Hope this helps. Personally my favorites are Demons/EA, Robots/EA, and Robots/Time,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

Demons/EA was one of my most durable characters I have ever had, and I have several fully incarnate tankers and she still is as tough as them.

I would ask if you are going for min/maxing or more for fun, or just to try new things out?

I noticed you have no /Trick Arrow builds yet, and it was revamped recently so that might be something new?

No /Time, Nature, Pain, Poison, Sonic, Radiation, Empathy.

For pets, it looks like you have tried everything but Mercs. (not suggesting you do!) So there is nothing really new there.

So here are some combinations off the top of my head that might do well.

Robots/Time

Beast/Nature

Necromancy/Radiation

Thugs/Pain

Demons/Sonic

Thugs/Trick Arrow

I have never played Poison or Empathy, so I can't really comment on those.

Hope this helps. Personally my favorites are Demons/EA, Robots/EA, and Robots/Time,

I've got a weird thing about powersets, dmso for instance /time I made on a troller and a TA fender, sssooo I can't play those powersets for awhile. It's probably because I don't want to burn myself out on a powerset. I have a merc/Traps, and just made the ninja/sonic.

I love EA and will probably make a demon in the near future.

Trick Arrow.. 

I have a several Petless and Semi Petless that I second specced into a Full pet build..

With S/L and Range defense cap and  some S/L Resistant  you can run into group..  Drop Oil Slick and just ignite and have the pets attack.

Its easy build.. Running 3/8

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Swarm -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(33), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(33), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(33)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-%ToHit(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(43)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Call Ravens -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(13), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(17)
Level 10: Glue Arrow -- CrtSpd-Acc/Slow(A), CrtSpd-Dmg/Slow(23), CrtSpd-Acc/EndRdx(37), CrtSpd-Rng/Slow(40)
Level 12: Summon Wolves -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(21), BldMnd-Dmg(42), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(34), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), BldMnd-Acc(34)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(19)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 22: Kick -- KntCmb-Knock%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25)
Level 26: Summon Lions -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(27), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(27), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), BldMnd-Acc(29), BldMnd-Dmg(31)
Level 28: Speed of Sound -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(39), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(39), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(39), Lck-%Hold(40)
Level 41: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(45), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(43), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SlbAll-Build%(43)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-Def(50)
Level 47: Acid Arrow -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Rgn-Knock%(48), Rgn-Dmg(48), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(50), ShlBrk-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ageless Partial Core Invocation 
Level 50: Agility Total Core Revamp 
Level 12: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 12: Howler Wolf 
Level 41: Dire Wolf 
Level 26: Lioness 
Level 12: Pack Mentality 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1564;727;1454;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F13511886CFDC5A5A5A2852A040A1B6804029D3164C5C1AB98A52430|
|28A890B32810126D24B861271E9251A5D299AB811507F806B7F88978DBF40045CB9|
|70337ECCFBD1366993C973CE3B73CEFBBDE79B696E772AF079F6D155218526B78CE|
|DED959CB15D36EDBC5558F3DE32CA3BB6B1A508FA79E98A55EFAD2CEEE4F3C5823E|
|6192C46B1E76D7DC9FD8595FD7976C6BF5FECA35DB2E3E68992B6C9AB65928EBE70|
|3FF42B1B8A52F964C732DE00EE74DA364153682EE64C6DAD82CD32CECCEA6774BA6|
|6DE5699551B68A85E874C95AD56BDC72C6AA795E45842A4DD1357536707F8E26F60|
|95955C807CC4350FDC0FC087A3E818FD5CA5A45BC925CEDE26BE61EF30D38433E12|
|FB48ECE3619F06DEBF81FDFCECE3679F27E4A360ADA40414574B7AC159DA57C33DA|
|1C5F1FCF5083A71E6E55534570BA84C0D6CF280212FB3017C4A5E3ECEE47B4F15F7|
|A8A27D1FEC3F00070FC169F2697453395AE32F78878FC0E15330FE1B8C1CF3FC044|
|C50814109998223D09A98CFA88666CEDB7C4F76B50BCBE00DF26C81A7D4B288B31D|
|CD81EDB4672BF6945BDBA085C37C2F04CAF44C1B9F57DB1221A10A85B40EAEA5630|
|CE71AE940C639F2EBE48C9D9CB18B337671B628678B72B65ECEBE9014A29BBDBA7F|
|A27E95BC7AE0A5F5F851536F233300C683E0601338DC0CCE532D31DE2FC6BD7E416|
|795E05E27B8D77DDCEB3EEE751FF7BA9F7BDDCFBD7E496B07B0561DF82ABB792F7D|
|637E67FE0007FFA1FE9B54C39084F3185A5251DF6D3075074C2E83A377793E89B55|
|FE8684738FB08674F71F614674F73F651CE9CE533784E5BE95CAB2EA3FEF415EC9B|
|1E03B3B2E2D69AF580270121327C5E197EB772D56FD68956C76753C711F3B58A0FB|
|B2EA8952F5748EE53C77E52A45AE5A44E39AD55E278A7FE5435497AC7EFF51E98AC|
|AB2553A764EB94F13AE5729DE20B55FE3D9CB7AD64C6E3BFED3446354E2659F9929|
|D74CD789CC6433C1E4B56BE0427EB3E83B5FF014D60FB81|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Edited by plainguy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcdoogss said:

How about Demons/TA?  Is there any synergy there?  

i’m leveling a thugs/storm which is fun if not a bit late blooming, but I love the new TA set and have never tried it on a MM now have I ever built a demons MM

I just got my TA/Archery fender to 50...so no playing another TA toon for awhile. 

If you make one keep us updated how it's working, I always love hearing about different combinations. 

Just now, I-Dirty said:

Question...

What would be good for a virgin Master Mind?

I started out on a Bots/FF it is a good starter set if not alittle boring. BUT, it gives you time to totally learn the nuisances of playing an mm.

Well my concern with "a little boring"  would be me going nope not doing this because im yawning lol

ive seen demons they look awesome. BUT looks dont necessarily mean anything in gameplay

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.