Stone Armor with minimal FX?

MHertz

The Stone Armor has always looked like a character fell down a muddy hillside and landed in some Cocoa Puffs. Would it be possible to have a version of Stone Armor with minimal FX, that is, without the blobby rocks look? I'd like to create a character that is made of stone, instead of one who happens to be glued to some.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

14 hours ago, MHertz said:

The Stone Armor has always looked like a character fell down a muddy hillside and landed in some Cocoa Puffs. Would it be possible to have a version of Stone Armor with minimal FX, that is, without the blobby rocks look?

You don't like the 'poo tanker' look? I remember that being one of the japes about the powerset back before power customization.     😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Ties with Ice armor as goofiest looking armor set, perhaps.

Alternative graphics is just the look of warm air over a cold surface.  Only downside is limited color options, its really freaking bright on a lot of colors.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 9/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, Triumphant said:

Poo tanker is a Bio-Armor tanker with Carapace turned on.  😄

Bio Armor didn't come out until after Power Customization, so you can at least color it to look like something else. Stone Armor users were stuck being partially covered in brown glop (loosely stone textured) with optional glowing green crystals (depending on which toggles you were running), so you were stuck running around looking like you were covered in говно.