Suggest me a Defender for end game content

BurningDezire

8 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I see that Dark Miasma does some amazing things, but how do you feel this combo fairs when it comes to bringing down singular hard targets like AV’s?

I already did two videos and they are in the que waiting for me to edit them and upload them unto the channel 

Dark has everything you need to take down AVs.   500% regen debuff and with Power Boot,  it's about 800% 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StriderIV said:

I see that Dark Miasma does some amazing things, but how do you feel this combo fairs when it comes to bringing down singular hard targets like AV’s?

To add to Voltak's post 

Should do quite well (regardless of secondary even)

- Twilight's Grasp not only heals, but debuffs to hit, regen and damage.  It stacks those debuffs as well.

- Tar Patch debuffs resistance and slows/debuffs movement

- Darkest Night a strong damage and to hit

debuff toggle

- Howling Twilight more to hit, slow, recharge debuffs ... and massive regen debuff.  Admittedly you can't stack the regen debuff but it can be up more than down. And then there's the AoE stun and ally rez.

- Shadow Fall PBAoE stealth, defense and resists.  

- Fearsome Stare cone Terrify mag 3 with a 20% chance of +1 mag Terrify.  Strong to hit debuff.  It's also a non-positional attack.  Say hello SR foes.  Something that can blow right by your defenses and hit you with Terrorize that you've no mez protection against either.

- Petrifying Gaze a single target hold, pretty useless solo against AVs or anything with PToD

- Black Hole often maligned power but you've seen the video.  Probably not much use against your AV but if he likes adds ... 

- Fluffy 

Even considering AV resistances that's a lot of to hit debuffs plus regen, resistance and damage debuffs before looking at a secondary and epics.

• Thumbs Up 1

If watching healthbars is not something you wanna do I recommend a fire/dark corr.  dark pit and rain of fire really makes passing time end of word line enter key

kin/sonic def if you really wanna be a defender just to be a defender.  people at end game just want -regen, +dmg and -res

sonic/fire if you wanna buff and blast.

but for what its worth, my thermal/fire defender is my favorite.  Forge at 20 makes Posi and synapes more fun as long as you have someone to use it on.  +50% dmg is pretty damn neat for a buff.  slap assault onto that.  permahasten build allows 4 targets to be forged, modest +rech you can have it on 3 targets.

level 30+ peoples IO sets kick in and your heals will be needed less, if at all.  same goes with rez and other stuff

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

To add to Voltak's post 

Should do quite well (regardless of secondary even)

- Twilight's Grasp not only heals, but debuffs to hit, regen and damage.  It stacks those debuffs as well.

- Tar Patch debuffs resistance and slows/debuffs movement

- Darkest Night a strong damage and to hit

debuff toggle

- Howling Twilight more to hit, slow, recharge debuffs ... and massive regen debuff.  Admittedly you can't stack the regen debuff but it can be up more than down. And then there's the AoE stun and ally rez.

- Shadow Fall PBAoE stealth, defense and resists.  

- Fearsome Stare cone Terrify mag 3 with a 20% chance of +1 mag Terrify.  Strong to hit debuff.  It's also a non-positional attack.  Say hello SR foes.  Something that can blow right by your defenses and hit you with Terrorize that you've no mez protection against either.

- Petrifying Gaze a single target hold, pretty useless solo against AVs or anything with PToD

- Black Hole often maligned power but you've seen the video.  Probably not much use against your AV but if he likes adds ... 

- Fluffy 

Even considering AV resistances that's a lot of to hit debuffs plus regen, resistance and damage debuffs before looking at a secondary and epics.

Thanks for this info! I didn’t realize Dark had other -regen in it’s kit other than the ally Rez. Appreciate it!

4 hours ago, Voltak said:

I already did two videos and they are in the que waiting for me to edit them and upload them unto the channel 

Dark has everything you need to take down AVs.   500% regen debuff and with Power Boot,  it's about 800% 

Looking forward to it!

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

To add to Voltak's post 

- Fluffy 

TO add to this and I mention this in the video as well 

Fluffy provides an additional 40% dmg debuff

An additional 15% to hit debuff

He heals you as well 

It is arguably the pet with the most utility along with Singularity 

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Voltak said:

TO add to this and I mention this in the video as well 

Fluffy provides an additional 40% dmg debuff

An additional 15% to hit debuff

He heals you as well 

It is arguably the pet with the most utility along with Singularity 

Yes indeed.  In many ways he is a mini You.  He uses two strong to hit debuffs.  1) you know why folks hate CoT --> Chill of the Night, he uses this, 2) Darkest Night between these two it's a -45% To Hit debuff and a side of Darkest Night's damage debuff of 30%.  Now adding an AoE immobilize Tenebrous Tentacles (with more To Hit debuff of course).  Next is he uses Twilight's Grasp same set of debuffs including that regen debuff.  And last Petrifying Gaze, same mag 3 hold you have.  Only the hold doesn't carry the to hit debuff which is why a very common recommendation is to slot Fluffy with a To Hit debuff set because pretty much everything he does this will enhance (and potentially trigger procs).  So yes kind of shorted Fluffy in that first post ... I'm going to blame sleep deprivation.

3 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yes indeed.  In many ways he is a mini You.  He uses two strong to hit debuffs.  1) you know why folks hate CoT --> Chill of the Night, he uses this, 2) Darkest Night between these two it's a -45% To Hit debuff and a side of Darkest Night's damage debuff of 30%.  Now adding an AoE immobilize Tenebrous Tentacles (with more To Hit debuff of course).  Next is he uses Twilight's Grasp same set of debuffs including that regen debuff.  And last Petrifying Gaze, same mag 3 hold you have.  Only the hold doesn't carry the to hit debuff which is why a very common recommendation is to slot Fluffy with a To Hit debuff set because pretty much everything he does this will enhance (and potentially trigger procs).  So yes kind of shorted Fluffy in that first post ... I'm going to blame sleep deprivation.

Hahahaha !!

Sleepless in CoH 

Seriously, Fluffy adding and extra 40% dmg debuff is fabulous 

Edited by Voltak

It has nothing to do with the numbers. As long as you have a def debuff and can slot for it, you can slot the -res proc into it. You ideally want it in Irradiate.

• Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

It has nothing to do with the numbers. As long as you have a def debuff and can slot for it, you can slot the -res proc into it. You ideally want it in Irradiate.

Right
Any defense debuff power that can take slots or IOs, they can slot the proc for resists debuffs.  
The slower recharging powers are good options. 

But an important note about my build for Dark/Radiation defender 

I wanted this defender to debuff as much stuff as he could.  So, for example, I can debuff all or most all things. So like for example, I cannot debuff endurance/recovery. 

My build is made for extreme challenges, things the vast majority of players would not be able to handle especially with proc builds or offense heavy builds 

The easy game content, which is perhaps the majority, most builds would just be fine, especially proc builds

As the content you do increases in difficulty levels, the less and less offensive your character will be in the build

The defender you see in the video is meant to survive part 2 of the ITF with no inspirations, no incarnates, solo or in a two man team, and so on.  

No way a proc offensive build will be able to handle that.  

The first priority for my build is to achieve the highest degree of survival possible, and then, if anything else has room for procs, go for it. 

My build is about 5%  shy of Neg energy dmg resists cap 
It has max S/L resists 
It has 47% energy dmg resists 
33% toxic resists 
36% Psy dmg resists (for Master Lady Gray TF no insps)

Soft Cap Range and Energy / Neg defense (Range/HOver/Fly is the best defense in the game). 

High recharge (13 secs shy of perma Hasten) 

And it must run smoothly without Ageless incarnate, in fact, it must run smoothly without incarnates 

Runs some game content with no inspirations 

and it does other extremely challenging AE content 

For such content , I have no room for a proc build on this defender 

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, StriderIV said:

Check the Defender forums again. 

I posted one video of Lvl 16 Dark/Radiation defender vs an AV. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Been thinking about playstyles and what works for today's end game. Needless to say I went looking and made a Fire/thermal and Cold/water. I had a Cold before but never got that far with them. Never tried out Thermal, and it looks good for what I want. In short, animation times matter. Even if the animation time is short, if I have to place something, it won't be as quick as I might want it to be. Yes, I know about Sleet.

And yes, I named the Defender Tall Glass because, well, duh.

• Haha 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Been thinking about playstyles and what works for today's end game. Needless to say I went looking and made a Fire/thermal and Cold/water. I had a Cold before but never got that far with them. Never tried out Thermal, and it looks good for what I want. In short, animation times matter. Even if the animation time is short, if I have to place something, it won't be as quick as I might want it to be. Yes, I know about Sleet.

I love the name... 100% 

Kudos 

Empathy is fast animation, kinetics is fast, time is not too bad.  

10 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Are there not macros  to place sleet at the feet of your targeted enemy?

On 10/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, StriderIV said:

I uploaded the other video

Clamor ArchVillain , @ lvl 25.  

It's posted