Do You Halloween Costume?

Aurora_Girl

So, it being the season and all, I like to do a little more homage-y alt costumes for my toons. Normally I stay away from the obvious stuff as a base look/name/concept because a) lazy and b) getting generic'd, so Halloween gives me an opportunity to lean into the idea a little with existing characters. 

Aurora Snow (ice/cold corruptor) - Emma Frost

Straye (savage/sr brute) - X-Force X-23

Venym (poison/rad Defender) - Black Suit Spidey

Aurora Guard (shield/StJ tank) - American Dream

Lilyn (dark/psi dominator, succubus) - Supergirl (for the lulz, obvi)

Pyrotide (water/thermal corruptor) - Rescue

Not sure if screenshots would be pushing the limits on good taste, but I'd love to hear if y'all do the same thing or if I'm just a total weirdo!

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Dressing up for Halloween in why they throw us all those free Tailor Tokens throughout the year.

(And it's the only time of year I feel safe wearing a blue, red, black, and gold color scheme on my favorite ex-sorceror!)

Note: If you're going for radical body size/gender/model changes, the Pocket D Tailor in the Tiki lounge is your friend!

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I won't say you're not a weirdo, but I do think you're not outside the norm by much, if at all. I'm too much of a weirdo to make the call. Why? Because I don't mess with costumes outside the creator, unless it's in pursuit of a badge. I'm so dull. 

I love making new costumes, but I've only ever once done one expressly for Halloween.  I was running a Widow at the time that I had set aside as an "anything costume-wise goes" character, meaning if I wanted one to look like an alien and another one a clown, it thematically wouldn't matter to me.  So anyway, I patterned one of his off the then-current image of Tony The Tiger dressing up like a vampire which appeared on some cereal boxes at the time (you can probably Google it and find it), using the tiger head and so on.  It actually wasn't half bad!  I should pull him back out and take a spin around with him for the hell of it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've made a few classic horror movie costumes for Halloween (Freddy Kreuger, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, etc.)

*** Still trying to figure out how to make overalls with a striped shirt (for Chucky) if anyone has ideas or suggestions...

Edited by On-Fire Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1