Uncommon Contacts

Arbegla

So I'm on this insane quest to do every single contact H side. And I do mean Every. Single. One. And this got me thinking, what contacts H side are 'hidden?'

I know the stores in Founders Fall, Brickstown, and PI require a mission before you can use them, and then you obviously have the Cape/Aura mission, and the Tailors.

Is there any more that I've forgotten over the years?

I am starting a new toon that will do every contact Red/Blue/Gold.  Sigh lol.  I will need to do Gold 1-20 in Ouro.  Stop experience at 4,7, 9, 14, 19 etc.  

I have a detailed list of all Redside.  I have succeeded at that multiple times.  

For Blue it is very complicated.  Many contacts are ‘alternate’ contacts that provides the exact same story arcs and side stories on Blueside as other contacts. As far as I know this is written for different origins to make the replay seem different but carbon copy the same content.  My strategy:  list all zones in level range i am working on.  Wiki search each zone/contact.  Make list.  Grind grind grind.  When everyone in appropriate zones stop hiving missions double check contacts i wrote down.  Any that are incomplete research to determine if they are duplicates or unlockable or something else   If zone is complete check off.  If there are contacts that are for later write down in my notebook for later.

I think i can have the project done by end of Spring.  Going to be a long Winter lol

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

One my friends calls this his Completist plan. All contacts, all contact missions and task forces, etc, for Praetoria, Redside, and Blueside.

I know he starts Praetoria, then I think he usually goes to blueside.  The first time, I think there was a lot of urning off XP to keep contacts active or able to be opened at least. Later, Obo was used to finish off the early ones, I believe.

I believe he is on his third Completist now. Insane - I couldn’t/don’t want to do that, personally, but he likes it.  

39 minutes ago, Max Firepower said:

One my friends calls this his Completist plan. All contacts, all contact missions and task forces, etc, for Praetoria, Redside, and Blueside.

I know he starts Praetoria, then I think he usually goes to blueside.  The first time, I think there was a lot of urning off XP to keep contacts active or able to be opened at least. Later, Obo was used to finish off the early ones, I believe.

I believe he is on his third Completist now. Insane - I couldn’t/don’t want to do that, personally, but he likes it.  

If you start Gold you will miss contacts 1-20 Red and Blue.  Only Gold has ALL 1-20 content in Ouro (required for badges)

Just now, Snarky said:

If you start Gold you will miss contacts 1-20 Red and Blue.  Only Gold has ALL 1-20 content in Ouro (required for badges)

I know Orobouros had to be used, I think he first time he did it, he said he was making sure to open more of the limited hero-side contacts?  As I mentioned, I was not ever planning to do this, so I didn’t focus on the particulars.

thank you for clarifying what I didn’t make clear.  Still on my first cup. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it even possible to do all the hero contacts?  There are five level 1-4 hero liaisons in Atlas Park, one per origin, who used to be the initial contacts for new characters.  It used to be that you could only get missions from the hero liaison for your origin, but I haven’t checked whether that’s still true.  Although maybe the other origins can be done through Ouroborous?

9 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Is it even possible to do all the hero contacts?  There are five level 1-4 hero liaisons in Atlas Park, one per origin, who used to be the initial contacts for new characters.  It used to be that you could only get missions from the hero liaison for your origin, but I haven’t checked whether that’s still true.  Although maybe the other origins can be done through Ouroborous?

This was why i said Blueside is way more complicated.  You can do ALL content.  Many Contacts are “duplicates” especially in the older lower level stuff.  An old memory says this trails off after 30 or so.  By doing the content on one of the Duplicates you eliminate the possibility (and need) to redo those exact same missions and story arcs 4 more times.

You do still need to do the footwork on all Contacts to see if in fact they correlate to someone you have completed.  Unless some Dev or search Guru has a list of those they would kindly share?

Edited by Snarky

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This was why i said Blueside is way more complicated.  You can do ALL content.  Many Contacts are “duplicates” especially in the older lower level stuff.  An old memory says this trails off after 30 or so.  By doing the content on one of the Duplicates you eliminate the possibility (and need) to redo those exact same missions and story arcs 4 more times.

You do still need to do the footwork on all Contacts to see if in fact they correlate to someone you have completed.  Unless some Dev or search Guru has a list of those they would kindly share?

Level Technology Mutation Natural Science Magic
1-5 Rick Davies Antonio Nash Susan Davies Jonathan Smythe Azuria
  Caitlin Murray Prince Kiros Nandelu Derek Amberson Rebecca Brinell Gregor Richardson

Maurice Feldon Juan Jimenez Jose Brogan Henry Peter Wong Genevieve Sanders
5-9 Paula Dempsey Linda Summers Rachel Torres Kip Cantorum Laurence Mansfield
  Tony Kord Ron Hughes Vic Johansson Samuel Pierce Paco Sanchez

Athena Currie Alfonse Rubel Lorenzo DiCosta Jill Pastor Dr. Trevor Seaborn
10-14 Carla Brunelli Sanjay Chandra Wes Schnabel Kyle Peck Haley Phillips
  Everett Daniels Wilson Zucco Willy Starbuck Tristan Caine Hugo Redding

Fareed Abdullah Dr. Ann-Marie Engles Cho Ge Colleen Saramago Kong Bao
15-19 Guy Denson Juliana Nehring Karen Parker Jake Montoya Thao Ku
  Mark Freeman Olivia Chung Suzanne Bernhard Maggie Greene Virginia Hoffman
  Tom Bowden Pavel Garnier Warren Trudeau Wyatt Anderson Vitaly Cherenko

Claire Childress Jim Bell Oswald Cuthbert Polly Cooper Dr. Cheng
20-24 Andrew Fiore Dennis Ewell Wilson Eziquerra Kevin Cordell Oliver Haak
  Vic Garland Tyler French Barry Gosford Georgia Fields Piper Irving
  Jake Kim Amanda Loomis Justin Greene Justine Kelly Josef Keller
  Lt. Col. Hugh McDougal Hinckley Rasmussen Rondel Jackson Melanie Peebles Andrea Mitchell
  Wilma Peterson Lt. Manuel Ruiz John Strobel Kirsten Woods Cain Royce

25-29 Collin Larson Ashwin Lannister Christine Lansdale Lorenzo Tate Miriam Bloechl
  Marvin Weintraub Laurie Pennington   Eliza Thorpe Laura Brunetti

30-34 Tina Chung Jose Escalante Phillipa Meraux Jenny Firkins Allison King
  Neal Kendrick Merisel Valenzuela   Lou Pasterelli Peter Stemitz

35-39 Anton Sampson Colleen Nelson Gordon Stacy Ginger Yates Cadao Kestrel

40-44 Maxwell Christopher Indigo Tina Macintyre Janet Kellum Madeleine Casey

45-50 none Crimson Unai Kemen none Harvey Maylor

The origin contacts in the same level ranges offer all the same missions. So, e.g., you don't need to do the missions from both Ashwin Lannister and Laurie Pennington. They both offer only the level 25-29 Mutation-origin missions.

Edited by Knock!
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Right.  I’ve done all the content myself.  But OP said they want to do all contacts.  As you say, that would involve doing a lot of the story arcs multiple times because of the way heroes were originally set on origin-specific contact paths.  And it used to be that you couldn’t even get missions from the initial contacts outside your origin. I don’t know if that’s still true, though.

Running some of those Issue 0 arcs multiple times (soooo many kill-alls) just to do them from all the contacts who give them sounds like torture to me, but hey, everyone can play the game however makes them happy.

ETA: I just checked with a level 4 hero and all the initial contacts were willing to give me missions, regardless of origin.  So it looks like it's possible to do all the contacts now, if that's what you're into.

Edited by Zhym

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

And it used to be that you couldn’t even get missions from the initial contacts outside your origin. I don’t know if that’s still true, though.

No, it's not; I routinely pick up missions from Rick Davies and Azuria on starting characters along with Matthew Habashy, regardless of the character's origin.

I forget the name, but there's a blue side contact for vigilantes. There are also contacts specific to epic ATs.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

I've been cutting off xp at 4, 9, 14, 19, 24, etc and trying to do all of the contacts available to me in those level ranges.

But, certain contacts don't show up on the 'find contact' button. Like the ones I quoted above, cape/aura, the store ones, etc. How many of those are there?

7 hours ago, Zhym said:

AFAIK you can now approach them all regardless of your origin.  I know I have done Azuria on several different characters, mostly out of nostalgic fondness for the first Hellions door mission.  None were magic origin.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

The amount of contacts and missions, along with the constant complaints of "nothing to do", are why I am hoping that the devs can (and will) alter the contacts/missions such that you never out-level them and the story missions just exempt you down to the max level when you enter them.

This way people can still power-level their way to max and also experience all of the story content in the game.

Obviously I have no idea how much work this would be for the devs. Although I'm fairly certain it's a lot otherwise we'd probably already have this by now.

• Like 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Is all redside content available via flashback, or there some stuff which needs to be done as you level? I have about three different characters I could create to go through all the content so I'm wondering.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

Is all redside content available via flashback, or there some stuff which needs to be done as you level? I have about three different characters I could create to go through all the content so I'm wondering.

I though Ouro just had the story arcs and badge missions. That's why you can't grab the one-off missions with Anti-Matter and Siege.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Tell us more... What AT and power sets have peaked your interest for this project?

I have fallen back on one if my oldest loves.  Dark/Invul Brute.  This thing is a beast.  I could have run a Blaster and probably be done a bit faster.  But this was one of the first “you can do that?” Characters for me.  I started on SS/Invul and followed the forum advice of a guru speaking of high recharge Dark/Invul insanity.  And they were right.  It suits the backstory I am running as well.  

My main, a vampire, named Snarky.  Incarnate  Blaster. Sitting around thinking. Too much. So many dangers in the world, even for an incarnate.  Sunlight, stake to the heart, cutting off the head, and medi porters can only save you so often. As we know from certain story lines.  Sooooo

Snarky took all of his incarnate powers and with the help of a powerful sorceress coalesced Negative Material Plane energy ( the source of a Vampires power) into a solid “hyper real” substance on the Prime Material plane.  This they used to craft a robotic chassis ( basically a golem) that would act as a soul jar (like for a lich) that they bound his spirit to. They stabilized his body in a moment of time, cut off his head, and attached it to the golem robot which is powered by Negative material energy just like a vampires body.   Now Snarky was all but indestructible (in theory) but nearly devoid of power ( all his current stash going into creating the golem and bonding himself to it.  He would need to gather more power (from the well). As part of the process (and for safety, the best secrets no one knows) he slipped back through the time stream to before anyone knew him. Now he could gather power in relative obscurity and safety. And while he was at it….make contact with every possible individual in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles AND Praetoria.  Because it is not what you know, it’s who you know.  And everyone would know Snarky.  Or as he goes now….Snarkbot.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Current in the running suggestions for builds to do this with. Yes, there is a pattern here.

Dark/elec Brute. /elec's heal comes late so that's what Dark is for, but it has resistance to energy and end drain with some protection against Psy so hello gold side. Also the first brute which clicked for me on live. Soloed an EB without any inspirs on common IOs.

Dark/en Stalker or Sent. /en might bloom too late, but if we are talking life in blue or red side, the defenses will kick in, and my StJ/en stalker who is near finished with just needing some T4 action to happen can do +2/x3 without even using a heal or inspir. (does not include AVs, but I have done more than one EB at a time) I really should bump the diff setting. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 months later

Quick update on this. I'm up to level 39, and these are the 'extra' contacts I've managed to find and complete:

All Repeatable contacts in First/Night Ward -> You can talk to both if you're a vigilant/rogue and do enough missions to fill up the contact bar

All PvP contacts -> Just did enough to fill the contact bar, but there are badges to get there too.

Cape/Aura missions -> I'm a vigilant, so I did the hero side ones

35+ level SO contacts in Founders/Brickstown -> You used to be required to do a mission for them before they would sell to you. So I did the missions anyways. They drop off the contact list after you're done though.

Tailor missions to open new slots -> Self explanatory.

This is in addition to the normal contacts by origin that blue side has you do, the SSA arcs, and radio missions.

Any other contacts that have '1-off' missions that you can do that don't actually stay on the contact list?

I just came back to the game and ran the 'lords of death' arc in Kings Row. I never realized they added new cutscene arcs to the early levels. I've been trying to find a guide to the newer stuff like this but come up empty. Do you happen to know which contacts I should look for to get the newer stuff with cutscenes that aren't signature story arcs? 

16 minutes ago, Maestro Mavius said:

I just came back to the game and ran the 'lords of death' arc in Kings Row. I never realized they added new cutscene arcs to the early levels. I've been trying to find a guide to the newer stuff like this but come up empty. Do you happen to know which contacts I should look for to get the newer stuff with cutscenes that aren't signature story arcs? 

Since i never ran Blueside it all looks new to me lol.  Then it all starts to look really…really…really old.  Just finished 30-34 Blueside.  Croatoa was nice.  The 5 major origin contacts with 30+ missions each….not fresh. Like last months bread soaked in cat urine

26 minutes ago, Maestro Mavius said:

I made an attempt at "only the good ones" here: 

I admit I haven't meaningfully updated it in a bit, though. My "Unusual mission format" path would probably go Atlas > Hollows (starts crap, gets better) > Kings Row > Faultline (it's just good) > Steel (Laura Lockheart) > the Wards > Whatever > Dark Astoria. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas