Add angel/demon wings as P2W flight options

Oginth

I think you will get a lot of push back on this.
But I get it.
I think it starts to become you want a free fly power that is more customizable. 

• Like 1

I'm all for more p2w flight options.   Having a rocket pack on the back of my magic origin character... just isn't right.

Still hoping eventually for my invisible p2w flight option, which would probably meet your need as well.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, TheZag said:

So i can choose wings on my costume and then use the wings fly power and have 4 wings flapping.

'Might be fun in a sort of "biblical angels as seriously weird visions of horror and madness"-lite kind of way... If we can also get heads with multiple faces and bodies made of fire and lions.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I'm certainly down for more variants on the P2W powers (they're fun and thematic). Multiple wings would clip horribly but it's not like the existing Jetpack P2W flight options don't already all clip terribly when your character's costume has wings or a cape.

Could even make them tintable, akin to how the purchasable Smoke Bomb temp. power is able to be recolored.

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Honestly, I think this would be really cool lol. Personally I hate wings because they look horrible on foot and block my view, but OTOH flying wings are really cool. I've always wanted something like wings pop out when flying and go disappear on foot, but the Costume change macros/bind have a pretty lengthy cooldown

• 3 weeks later

I'm actually not a fan of the P2W travel options. I would prefer if most of them would be turned into proper travel powers, but that would be a lot of work, and also the reason why back on live they put them into the shop/VIP system.

It would require quite a bit of redesign of the travel powers and even some levelling mechanics, but I would prefer if a lot of the P2W stuff would be normal power picks of some kind.

They are now used by people to free up a power slot in their build, which I think was never their intention.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png