Detonate Objects Created by Gravity Control's "Propel"

Tailcoat

As cool as I think Propel is, it can be annoying when a bunch of objects are created and lying around, especially in a narrow tunnel. I was playing a Gravity Controller on a team fighting AVs and Dominatrix wedged herself into a tight spot and I felt bad about all the clutter I was burying her in by using this inexpensive power. As a Controller, it can be harder to avoid using attacks, especially when facing an AV who needs everyone on the team to throw everything they've got at 'em. 

So, my idea is what if the player could instantly detonate all those objects for a small bit of additional damage while also clearing out those objects? That would help avoid annoying pile-ups and could introduce an interesting bit of strategy. A detonate button could appear in that extra tray where travel powers' secondary abilities appear.

• Like 1

This is what tabbing through targets is for!  😃

Please do not think I espouse this merely because I have a 50 'troller named Trash Ghost expressly made for littering Paragon City with Propel trash.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Having been fighting the Arcana Animus a lot lately, which have propel, and throw things (including books!) at me, I can see how the clutter can be annoying. But I did think that they despawned pretty quickly, so it wasn't as much of a problem.

Do the Gravity Control objects last longer?

• City Council

PhysX objects are purely clientside and don't even exist on the server, there's no way to do anything useful with them.

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

I was hoping for something like /set_propel_despawn #

Debris is debris. The game doesn't see any distinction between a rusted out car chassis summoned by propel and bullet casings from assault rifle or mail pulled out of mailbox by hurricane. The only way to limit it is to limit all of it, which you can do by turning down the particle physics settings.

13 minutes ago, Number Six said:

PhysX objects are purely clientside and don't even exist on the server, there's no way to do anything useful with them.

Debris is debris. The game doesn't see any distinction between a rusted out car chassis summoned by propel and bullet casings from assault rifle or mail pulled out of mailbox by hurricane. The only way to limit it is to limit all of it, which you can do by turning down the particle physics settings.

So, even though we can 'interact' with the debris, its literally just all in our heads (client side), and not related to the server at all?