Good PuG, good game, good evening! (I dared the star tonight)

Aeroprism

This topic has no purpose other than: I feel good and I want people around me to share the good feels.

Level 8 tanker, wanted to level fast and I didn't want to solo tonight. I didn't want to wait for some group to magically appear.  

So I decided to tame the star and make my own.  Started a Hollows group, took a while to get started, but it got there after 1-2 missions.

I maintained a full group for a solid 2 hours, cleared the Hollows contacts, cleared Lockhart story arc.  It was an epic blast, the synergy was there, jokes, puns, one liners AND enemies kept flying.

My tank is level 20 now. I love her hard. Can't wait to level her further.

What a night.

If you see your name there: you rocked my world tonight.  Thank you Nisha Abyss, Silvinya, Sage of Gems, Obayana, Strange Candy, Leon Light, Wazzburz, Safety Girl, Wet n Wild Heep, Cheer Team Captain.

My heroes of the night ❤️

This game, it keeps on giving.  Thank you homecoming.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 11

Yay! It can and does happen!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I was fortunate with the star yesterday as well.  Formed two Drowning in Blood.  (Only one person stayed).  These rounded out the four buffs I needed on my c r a w l i n g through the game toon.  I may even need to go back and redo the first one i got with a random pug a couple weeks ago.   But it went very smooth

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good on you all!

Siderophobia* is curable via desensitization! Good teammates can help a lot.

(I have been known to resort to medication, but that can impair leadership abilities if not carefully controlled.)

Keep up the good work!

* AIEEEEE! An asterisk!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

9 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

* AIEEEEE! An asterisk!

I see what you did there... I think...

*looks up "Siderophobia"*

Oh wait yeah, yeah I did.

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Congrats on braving the star.  It never goes badly when I do it, so I don't know why I avoid it so strongly.

I actually don't know why people don't lead more often. I see so many lft when someone could just start one. Its weird, wonder if its people afraid to fail?

On a side note when Halloween was on, the banner event came up and no one was leading much less setting up a league. I did it, have no idea how to do a league, just started inviting people and when it came up to move people around I passed the star to someone who did. So hurray teamwork. 

Edited by The_Warpact
Learn 2 spell
  • Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

34 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I actually don't know why people don't lead more often. I see so many lft when someone could just start one. Its weird, wonder if its people afraid to fail?

It's not always easy. Right now, I'm in Talos, doing an arc and I keep telling myself "I should gather people".

So why don't I?

I dunno.  Maybe after my first coffee.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aeroprism said:

It's not always easy. Right now, I'm in Talos, doing an arc and I keep telling myself "I should gather people".

So why don't I?

I dunno.  Maybe after my first coffee.

It probably has more to do with my outlook on life and how I interact with people. I'm not outgoing, have very few friends, but, put me in a room with folks and depending on the crowd will either have everyone laughing, having serious conversations about a variety of subjects, or putting people at ease.

I equate that to being a director in Healthcare.

Our environment, education, upbringing, etc all tie into that. Sometimes we just need that coffee to be the best damn person we can be.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

It's the fail thing for me - I always want so much to do things well and the idea of letting people down is rough on me. 

That said, I ran the ToT league on Everlasting for a bit and it was fine except when I found out about a technical issue with leagues called 'you have to shuffle the team members to make a new leader, you can't just star someone' but I cottoned on fast. 

I NEARLY did targeting for a Hami raid but someone else offered while I was hemming and hawwing, so that solved that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

10 minutes ago, Rosencrantz said:

It's the fail thing for me - I always want so much to do things well and the idea of letting people down is rough on me. 

That said, I ran the ToT league on Everlasting for a bit and it was fine except when I found out about a technical issue with leagues called 'you have to shuffle the team members to make a new leader, you can't just star someone' but I cottoned on fast. 

I NEARLY did targeting for a Hami raid but someone else offered while I was hemming and hawwing, so that solved that.

Practice makes perfect, that isn't failure that's just not knowing all the stuff involved. That's as simple as reading up on it.

BTW this was I had to pass the star on the banner league.

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

On a side note when Halloween was on, the banner event came up and no one was leading much less setting up a league. I did it, have no idea how to do a league, just started inviting people and when it came up to move people around I passed the star to someone who did. So hurray teamwork. 

Most of the characters that I am trying to PUG specific things on are lower level, possibly below max level (usually) of event/TF etc.  The 50s I run can do whatever, and usually grab w/e ITF, Incarnate Trial, or event that posts in LFG

16 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Most of the characters that I am trying to PUG specific things on are lower level, possibly below max level (usually) of event/TF etc.  The 50s I run can do whatever, and usually grab w/e ITF, Incarnate Trial, or event that posts in LFG

So you think its predominantly newer players or people just not used to teaming?

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

So you think its predominantly newer players or people just not used to teaming?

there are some GREAT leaders of PUGs on Excelsior.  Oklahoman, Confusion, Blitz, just 5 star players.  I wish you could give 6 lol.  But I think quite a few ?% of the players doing PUGs are not super serious.  I joined a PUG Synapse a couple days ago that went nearly an hour and a half.  and we got almost ALL small maps.  Maybe all even.  We mostly stayed together, except a couple bits of chaos in stealth ATT situations.  That would have been 45 minutes with dialed in players.  Just my 2 inf.

• Like 2

Well, the 20 tanker is 27 now.  Dared the star again, cleared two whole Talos Arcs.  We weren't the most efficient and there was less talking today, but the mood was good and fun was had.

A little bit of admittance: every time I made one of these groups, I secretly hoped one or a few of you guys would be in there.  I would love so much to play with my forum buddies!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

Well, the 20 tanker is 27 now.  Dared the star again, cleared two whole Talos Arcs.  We weren't the most efficient and there was less talking today, but the mood was good and fun was had.

A little bit of admittance: every time I made one of these groups, I secretly hoped one or a few of you guys would be in there.  I would love so much to play with my forum buddies!!

can always join Cosmic Council on Excelsior!

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

can always join Cosmic Council on Excelsior!

How would one go about doing that, just shout out "hey, anyone from Cosmic Council here?  Snarky sent me!"  Wait, best leave that last bit off lest they blame you for my presence...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

How would one go about doing that, just shout out "hey, anyone from Cosmic Council here?  Snarky sent me!"  Wait, best leave that last bit off lest they blame you for my presence...

Cosmic Council Discord is at https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N   Go there.  in the Rules and info channel read the first post "Welcome to rules and info"   Then in the Gateway channel post that you have read the rules, your global, and the character(s) you want in the SG.  We have a main SG, and a good number of alt SGs.  The reserves, and my current main is in the revenants.  very magic themed base. 

The Cosmic Council hosts daily content (usually in evening US time) with weekly Incarnate Trial badges (usually 4-6 trials) kicked off with Master Magisterium run. (this requires two Magi runs) Anyone who is interested may join.  As a group of wacky adult gamers it can get wild.  Our SG leaders are firm but fair (I have no idea how they put up with it all)   I do recommend the SG to anyone who wants a stable gaming community of top notch gamers.  These people do a Really Hard Way Magisterium like it is going to the corner store for milk.  Many of our members are speed runners who have top times on things like ITF and ski slopes and all sorts of geeky things.  We have character builders who will help anyone get a toon dialed into what the player wants, optimized to each players requests.  Not that you need that. But there is just so much that the Council offers.  Mostly though, really cool peeps.

I hope to see you in game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aeroprism said:

@Snarky That's quite a sale's pitch and I will surely come along as well. I just need to figure how to move things over my characters without access to my own SG base.

There are two ways I move things from the crowd of alts in my solo base to the 4 I have in two Cosmic SGs.  The slow but steady email.  sigh.  The fast (but clunky) method of booting up CoH on my 2nd comp and logging in my farm account (the one I use to PL my main accts alts when desired) I have the toon holding all the goodies meet the farmer in game.  Dump everything on them.  switch characters and have the farmer dump everything onto the destination toon.  

If you do not have a 2nd farm acct I cannot ovestate how great it makes things.  I use it rarely, but when I need a 50 and i need it fast....bam.

• Like 1

I have my wife account for that, and I have one character of my own there, a farmer I use when I feel like that (which is, almost never). So that's indeed a viable idea/solution, thank you.

And you do know that you can run 2 instances of the game on the same PC right? On the launcher, click the white arrow at the right of the HOMECOMING title to start a second instance of the game. It's such a light game, it's almost the same as running one. Alt-tab is your friend.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, much appreciated!!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I have my wife account for that, and I have one character of my own there, a farmer I use when I feel like that (which is, almost never). So that's indeed a viable idea/solution, thank you.

And you do know that you can run 2 instances of the game on the same PC right? On the launcher, click the white arrow at the right of the HOMECOMING title to start a second instance of the game. It's such a light game, it's almost the same as running one. Alt-tab is your friend.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, much appreciated!!

I am so bad with comps I have not tried the alt tab thing.  But I really hate the small monitor.  I may try this.  My toons come back onto the big monitor with the entire GUI pretzeled lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am so bad with comps I have not tried the alt tab thing.  But I really hate the small monitor.  I may try this.  My toons come back onto the big monitor with the entire GUI pretzeled lol

Dual account on the same computer means no changes in UI or options, it's Win/Win.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tend to ask in LFG as I want to see if anything is already out there. I have a lowbie set up for the FF arc, so I'll lead people through that.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."