Batman/Moon Knight

Gobbledygook

I've been contemplating rolling up a Street Justice toon, and have a question for the masses.

I'm wondering if the Batman, and other characters, (his various sidekicks, Midnighter, Moon Knight, etc...), would fit better as Scrappers, or Stalkers. Also, would /Sr or /Nin fit better?

Any opinions are welcome, as well as just a general discussion.

Thx Homecoming community.

Another vote for either Scrapper or Stalker since at various times the various characters have approached situations from either standpoint.

Arguably that suggests StJ/Nin if you go scrapper for the, "I'm taking you out but not revealing I'm here" angle if you go Scrapper so you can emulate the sneaky, non-revealed attack. Stalker could go with either StJ/Nin or StJ/SR and just walk into combat for those straight up, "I'm here to hurt you all" moments. 

But maybe having a StJ/Nin scrapper has biased me some.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would go stj/nin stalker for a batman esque character as defense based stalkers can be built with IO's that hold up extremely well (we're talking slugging it out head to head with an AV here). You'll have more controlled crits and Batman is all about control and analyzing the situation.

Scrapper can get more AoE, but the Stalker is a much more tactical fighter taking out their intended targets with precision.

Realistically it's all about how you envision the characters, no one would make the Adam West/Michael Keaton Batman as a ninja, they'd lean more into the character as willpower.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Omega Force said:

I'd make Batman as a StJ/Willpower/Weapon stalker (Moon Knight would probably be Staff, otherwise the same).  Save SR for Nightwing and Batgirl 3.

I was thinking Robin III (Tim) as a Staff/ 

As far as Willpower, wouldn't that be more Moon Knights bag? I admit to not ever having read any of his comics (I know, shame on me), but I thought he was for brute force, drawing the attention of his foes, him wearing white, and all that.

1 hour ago, Omega Force said:

Moon Knight definitely just soaks the hits.  You could go with Ninja, but WP gives Batman psi resistance and the toughness to keep going even when he should really back off and call in the JLA to handle some of those idiots.

Ninja gives the psi resistance and the toughness to keep going...self heal and a endurance restore.

My own street justice/ninja scrapper is inspired by Daredevil. Cloaking isn't quite his thing, but he'll be able to leap out of nowhere and start laying down the hurt. Ninja also helps explain how he can sorta see attacks before they happen, being a defense set. Shame the shinobi power doesn't overlap with infiltration as a stealth, but ninja run is still handy. 

On 11/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, Apricitas said:

My own street justice/ninja scrapper is inspired by Daredevil. Cloaking isn't quite his thing, but he'll be able to leap out of nowhere and start laying down the hurt. Ninja also helps explain how he can sorta see attacks before they happen, being a defense set. Shame the shinobi power doesn't overlap with infiltration as a stealth, but ninja run is still handy. 

I appreciate (see what I did there) all of the comments.

Seeing as how I have done /SR twice, (br00t and scrapper), I think I'll try my hand at /Nin.

@Erratic1 and @BrandX have convinced me to go /Nin.

Now, anyone know of a guide to either set? I want to familiarize myself with the powers before I go off trying to make a build.

Thanks all.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, Apricitas said:

I don't recall the Ninjitsu Stealth not working with Super Speed Stealth, why wouldn't it work is Infiltration?  Concealment, I understand it won't work.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

I appreciate (see what I did there) all of the comments.

Seeing as how I have done /SR twice, (br00t and scrapper), I think I'll try my hand at /Nin.

@Erratic1 and @BrandX have convinced me to go /Nin.

Now, anyone know of a guide to either set? I want to familiarize myself with the powers before I go off trying to make a build.

Thanks all.

Tier 9 can be skipped.  So can Blinding Powder.  Seishinteki Kyoyo only needs 2 slots, both of them EndMod/RCH IOs that I'd suggest +5ing if you love the build.  Not a power I'd go more slots of for, not even set bonuses, unless you really have the slots to spare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, Apricitas said:

PVE you can be completely invisible to 95% of the content with any stealth power + a stealth IO. Shinobi means you don't have to take infiltration (also freeing up the endurance cost of infiltration). There may be combinations that allow you to double up on stealth, but even if that's true I doubt it would be worth it.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:08 AM, Gobbledygook said:

I've been contemplating rolling up a Street Justice toon, and have a question for the masses.

I'm wondering if the Batman, and other characters, (his various sidekicks, Midnighter, Moon Knight, etc...), would fit better as Scrappers, or Stalkers. Also, would /Sr or /Nin fit better?

Any opinions are welcome, as well as just a general discussion.

Thx Homecoming community.

Stalker - Street Justice - Ninjitsu.mxd  Here you go.

• Thanks 1

I think it depends on the version of the superhero you're looking at.

I made an alternate Batman, who hasn't spoken since his parents were killed in Kings Row. He is a StJ/Nin stalker which ties in with his backstory.

So dependent upon how you view or which storyline you like, make it whatever you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

50 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I think it depends on the version of the superhero you're looking at.

I made an alternate Batman, who hasn't spoken since his parents were killed in Kings Row. He is a StJ/Nin stalker which ties in with his backstory.

So dependent upon how you view or which storyline you like, make it whatever you want.

Didn't you post that toon in the costume thread?

I remember really liking both the backstory and the costume.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Didn't you post that toon in the costume thread?

I remember really liking both the backstory and the costume.

I might have, its been awhile since I skulked in the thread.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• 3 weeks later

I made one of my versions of MK as a dual-pistols sentinel..  I don't recall for sure, but was probably using willpower.

Overall, I'd say Moonie is a little different from the others listed, and should probably be a Brute. he wouldn't have SR OR Ninjitsu.. because it's actually been noted that he doesn't evade attacks at all. (He beat Taskmaster because TM refused to copy MK's fighting style since MK just takes all the hits.)  MK's defense should probably be either Willpower or Invulnerability.. depending on whether your version relies more on the armor, or simply toughing out the attacks.

MK can actually use any weapon, or fight unarmed, but people seem to like him with the staff.

• 4 weeks later