Rooted on Stone Armor Question

Solarverse

It's been, well over 15 years since I have played a Stone Armor Brute/Tank/Whatever. Was Rooted ever changed so you could actually move without a Kin buffing you? And is Teleport still the only truly viable Travel Power? Or has it changed since then?

I haven't noticed many problems running about with rooted on and the new teleport updates mean its easily the best pool for stone armour especially with the new combat teleport dropping you into mobs at a click. I used to have tp and superspeed on stone toons now i feel pretty mobile just with tp, even without stacking a ton of run bonuses from sets you can get about quite well. Athletic run and sprint and you feel like you have a mini superjump.

• 2 weeks later

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Do we still need to be 'grounded' for the bonuses? The description says yes, but a random people on the forums said no.

Testing right now on my Ice/Stone brute, level 17, the status and debuff protections remain active when I go to the top of a high building and leap off (takes several seconds to reach the ground).

Going to check with a P2W flight power, hold tight.

Hanging out high overhead in AP with a Jingle Jet, Rooted's buffs remain active.  Been up for over a minute, combat attribs all show no change.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Testing right now on my Ice/Stone brute, level 17, the status and debuff protections remain active when I go to the top of a high building and leap off (takes several seconds to reach the ground).

Going to check with a P2W flight power, hold tight.

Hanging out high overhead in AP with a Jingle Jet, Rooted's buffs remain active.  Been up for over a minute, combat attribs all show no change.

Much appreciated, Lumi of the one good nipple. This seems the sort of thing important enough to warrant updating the description of.

26 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Shall we have a new forum meme, sir?

ComE on Just one nipple? - Perverted Sloth | Meme Generator

• Haha 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

3 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Shall we have a new forum meme, sir?

For those not in the know, it all started here...

and then it snowballed.

Meme away.

It's funny... I thought I'd be remembered for my TA and Archery guides, or for my acerbic wit(lessness), or even for treating archetypes like off-hand suggestions, if nothing else, but no, my thunder is stolen by a nerve-damaged nipple.  I suspect that my epitaph will read, "Had a bad nipple, tried to play it down/died a boring death, nipple got a crown."

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.