Metal theme for Stone Powersets

Alchemystic

Now that we finally have Seismic Blast and a whole heap of changes to other Stone/Earth powers, I have an idea that might help give the powersets a few more customisation options.

We already have Lava and Crystal themes to play with, but I feel like something's missing... a Metal theme.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to work into the game, but having a texture theme that looks like raw/scrap metal would be a welcome addition to the customisation options already available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

Now that we finally have Seismic Blast and a whole heap of changes to other Stone/Earth powers, I have an idea that might help give the powersets a few more customisation options.

We already have Lava and Crystal themes to play with, but I feel like something's missing... a Metal theme.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to work into the game, but having a texture theme that looks like raw/scrap metal would be a welcome addition to the customisation options already available.

Wouldn't that be...metal armor?

I mean, my kids play Minecraft, so I know the whole ore/rock relationship, but lava and crystal versions exist because those are flavors of rock/stone. Metal and stone are not the same. While I'm 99% of the time for any and all option-expanders, this one might need to be moved, maybe? To another set. 

(Omits easy reference to particular Marvel character of "organic steel"-based powers)

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

10 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Wouldn't that be...metal armor?

I mean, my kids play Minecraft, so I know the whole ore/rock relationship, but lava and crystal versions exist because those are flavors of rock/stone. Metal and stone are not the same. While I'm 99% of the time for any and all option-expanders, this one might need to be moved, maybe? To another set. 

(Omits easy reference to particular Marvel character of "organic steel"-based powers)

Not necessarily. I think from the description he's looking at either metal ore, as mentioned, or something like the ... enemy group whose name s escaping me right now, redside, rock monsters animated by the red coral... gah. *Goes to hcwiki* Slag golems. Those guys.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/File:SlagGolem1.jpg

... which have less metal in them than I remember, but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Not necessarily. I think from the description he's looking at either metal ore, as mentioned, or something like the ... enemy group whose name s escaping me right now, redside, rock monsters animated by the red coral... gah. *Goes to hcwiki* Slag golems. Those guys.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/File:SlagGolem1.jpg

... which have less metal in them than I remember, but still.

Slag Golems are made of garbage. They're literal trash mobs. They just have the occasional girder stuck in them.

• Like 1

A reflective, almost metallic version of the rock skins would be nice to have.  I have an Axe (pick-axe) / Stone scrapper by the name of Magnetite Mike that would love to have various ores and shiny rocks as his armor (Pyrite, Galena, Hematite, and, of course, Magnetite).  I can sort of get the look I want by tinting a mix of stone and crystal powers, but the stone ones have un-tintable parts (and aren't shiny), and the crystal ones are translucent.

• Thumbs Up 1