Resistance. Debuff Resistance question

Snarky

not sure where i got this in my head.  but now i want answers lol

it is my understanding (again...why?) that Resistance level is its own Resistance debuff resistance.  if you run a Brute Tank with 100% s/l resistance you get credit for 90%, the hard cap.  but if someone tries to debuff your resistance then you have the 100% debuff resistance any attempt to debuff your resistance

any thoughts...data?

There is data on that (I need to go back through my guides to find where it was tested), but you are correct on how that works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Yup, pretty much this. I tested with my Inv stalker a month or two ago and my S/L resist was over the 75% AT cap against a few wailers. It was my total resistance regardless. Even stacking -resist up I barely noticed, but it was enough for me to determine my s/l DDR was my total undebuffed resist figure throughout (-resist already On me didn't affect my RDR).

I did try testing with my Fire Tank too but they couldn't get it lower than 90% anyway, even stacking resists up 

Edited by Carnifax
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, A Cat said:

Shit, does that work against Brickers?

From my addled memory this whole topic in my head is tabbed on the Dr Aeon TF.  There is an ongoing discussion in the Brutes forum on it.  My current project is soloing all old content so my attention is not fully on running Doc Aeon endlessly. But according to my understanding (shaky as that is) yes.  Yes, the full resistance value acts as resistance to debuff of resistance (there has to be a more eloquent way to say that)   This works everywhere and specifically is effective against the crazy Brickers. 

But I brought this topic up because really good gamers I know personally either thought this was not true or had no idea.  My first interest in the topic after years and years in CoH was in relation to the Dr Aeon.  I run Invulnerability because it is not only tough, it resists debuffs.  So my 1st question was “is there a way to resist having your resistance debuffed?”   All the data and feedback I have seen says absolutely.  I have not tested it myself.  Also I have seen some odd comments on the data that leave me with questions.  But by and large all feedback points to 100% resistance acting as 100% debuff resistance 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A Cat said:

Weird how binary it is but I'm not going to look at a gift horse in the mouth. 

Kind of my reaction after I gave a detailed and as it turned out incorrect response to the question.   Weee!  Still learning stuff 16+ years later in this game that aren't actually new.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1