request Null the Gull inside RWZ base.

wjrasmussen

17 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

or example, Group Fly has a 60 ft radius. If players move outside the radius of the caster, they won't be affected by it any longer.

Too bad that spawn I'm trying to kill is inside that 60ft radius. Guess I'll go solo somewhere else on the map instead.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Too bad that spawn I'm trying to kill is inside that 60ft radius. Guess I'll go solo somewhere else on the map instead.

Or quit the team since you're okay with going solo. Or ask the player using Group Fly to turn it off. Or remembered to have gone to Null the Gull to turn off affected by Group Fly any of the previous 50 levels. 

So many options!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

25 minutes ago, arcane said:

When I spot a character of mine that has not made all the usual Null changes yet, I feel a wave of shame at my laziness and sheer incompetence. Perhaps you should all do the same.

I don't know if I would go so far as feeling shame, but if I haven't done my normal ritual of visiting all the Atlas exploration badges for the LRT, going to the P2W vendor, making last minute costume edits, and finally heading to Pocket D via Atlas Park to check/uncheck the usual Null the Gull options, it makes me feel like its not as easy to want to play that new character.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

42 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Or quit the team since you're okay with going solo. Or ask the player using Group Fly to turn it off. Or remembered to have gone to Null the Gull to turn off affected by Group Fly any of the previous 50 levels. 

So many options!

Tis true! Course, the OG devs could have just avoided all of this by creating the option to disable it in the first place... but that was then. We have a fix now. Might as well add "allow all rezzes without prompt," too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Tis true! Course, the OG devs could have just avoided all of this by creating the option to disable it in the first place... but that was then. We have a fix now. Might as well add "allow all rezzes without prompt," too.

I'm all for increasing accessibility. Weren't rezzes auto accepted in the early days of legacy?

Pocket D Zone Tour

I'd rather have a P2W vendor in RWZ base, but I guess I have no problem with Null being there.  Isn't he a pan-dimensional being anyway?

However, I don't think Null should be a base critter, pan dimensional or not.  I feel that somethings should only exist in the larger world.  Just like I wouldn't like Ms. Liberty and all the other Trainers and TF contacts to be base critters.

16 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

My main issue with the Gull is having to leave the interface and go back in for each setting.

Just kick me back to the main menu and add an option on the bottom to leave/exit the interface.

I just leave the window open and click null again...resets it to the main menu.

Edited by Nefertari

37 minutes ago, Nefertari said:

I just leave the window open and click null again...resets it to the main menu.

one less click is one less click.

I guess that equals out.

1172019902_Wishisonlyawish.png.6fd5c075b9a70dc97e0acebae8f5a70c.png

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

So many options!

If he is going to solo somewhere else on the map, why would he need to quit a team? How does playing solo and being affected by someone else's group fly translate to being on a team? And have you ever tried asking a player with group fly to turn it off? They get ANGRY because you asked. Every time. (If there are players out there that don't, I apologize. Haven't met any of you yet.)

3 hours ago, arcane said:

When I spot a character of mine that has not made all the usual Null changes yet, I feel a wave of shame at my laziness and sheer incompetence. Perhaps you should all do the same.

Why would I feel shame? Most times I'm running around solo and the options Null gives don't matter to me. It's only when I finally decide to join a Hami' and am affected by a power I don't typically encounter running around solo that I finally remember "Hey! Null the Gull in Pocket D!"

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't know if I would go so far as feeling shame, but if I haven't done my normal ritual of visiting all the Atlas exploration badges for the LRT, going to the P2W vendor, making last minute costume edits, and finally heading to Pocket D via Atlas Park to check/uncheck the usual Null the Gull options, it makes me feel like its not as easy to want to play that new character.

Thank you for remembering all the things players need to remember when they make a new character. I was starting to feel awkward thinking I was the only one with a long laundry list of new character tasks.

So yeah, I'm all for duplicating Null to the Vanguard base in RWZ (and the "hospital" in the Abyss and the Hive).

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct mis-spelled word.
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, Apparition said:

Making Group Fly a slash command or option in the options window was suggested during Page Two beta development, but was deemed too difficult (if not outright impossible), by developers.  It's why it was added as an option to Null the Gull in the first place instead of a slash command or option in the options window.

That's what is should be, but in lieu of that...

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

35 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Why would I feel shame? Most times I'm running around solo and the options Null gives don't matter to me. It's only when I finally decide to join a Hami' and am affected by a power I don't typically encounter running around solo that I finally remember "Hey! Null the Gull in Pocket D!”

You should have a constant reminder of the Gull situation in the form of your travel power pop up tray. Unless you’re the kind of psychopath that actually wants to keep his pop up tray on, in which case... get thee back from me, Satan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

You should have a constant reminder of the Gull situation in the form of your travel power pop up tray. Unless you’re the kind of psychopath that actually wants to keep his pop up tray on, in which case... get thee back from me, Satan.

I don't want to keep the pop up tray on, no. Neither do I care if it is there. Scary as the thought is, I actually use the pop up try on occasion. I'm flying across Nerva/Independence from the far north/south to the far other end? I actually trigger my afterburner if I'm a flier. (It only shaves a few seconds off, but I'm neurotic enough to go for it.) I actually use the teleport that comes with the added pool set travel powers. Not often, but often enough that having the pop up tray there doesn't bother me. So please lower your cross, put your Bible down, and come sit a spell with me. I've got drinks and snacks, and I'll even pit my golden fiddle against your fiddling skills.

(And I still think adding Null to the Vanguard base and the Abyss/Hive "hospitals" is a good idea.)

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

If he is going to solo somewhere else on the map, why would he need to quit a team? How does playing solo and being affected by someone else's group fly translate to being on a team? And have you ever tried asking a player with group fly to turn it off? They get ANGRY because you asked. Every time. (If there are players out there that don't, I apologize. Haven't met any of you yet.

Well if a player quits the team, the Group Fly affect is removed.

And I will admit I've never been bothered enough by Group Fly to ask someone to turn it off. One time someone had Shadow Fall turned on and I was like, "dang I can't see my dude - I'll just move over there away from the effect."

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 1/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Luminara said:

People requiring an emergency solution for something they had 35 levels to address is like people reaching age 35 without intellectual or physical disabilities and needing a nanny to remind them to don trousers.

Except the decision to want it or not want it can change depending on circumstance. Or, well, you may think you *have* turned it off on that character, but haven't... since there's no indicator at all that you've declined group fly other than being affected by it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Well if a player quits the team, the Group Fly affect is removed.

And I will admit I've never been bothered enough by Group Fly to ask someone to turn it off. One time someone had Shadow Fall turned on and I was like, "dang I can't see my dude - I'll just move over there away from the effect."

Huh. Didn't know it only affected teammates. I only encounter it at Hami', so that makes sense. My apologies.

3 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Except the decision to want it or not want it can change depending on circumstance. Or, well, you may think you *have* turned it off on that character, but haven't... since there's no indicator at all that you've declined group fly other than being affected by it.

That doesn't change the fact that a player still has 35 levels to remember...

Pocket D Zone Tour

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Huh. Didn't know it only affected teammates. I only encounter it at Hami', so that makes sense. My apologies.

I believe it is also league mates as well - I'd have to check the CoD entry to confirm.

Edit: Well still not sure... but it can affect up to 255 targets, so that would make sense. 

Edit 2: I've been told it does not affect league mates.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Or ask the player using Group Fly to turn it off. Or remembered to have gone to Null the Gull to turn off affected by Group Fly any of the previous 50 levels.

Everlasting MSRs are group-fly friendly. And it's useful for (some) masterminds, so no, you don't have them turn it off.

As far as "well, turn it off in any of the previous levels" - I have 100-odd characters. I challenge you show me where, immediately on login, I can see that I've had that turned off or on. The *only* ones  I know I have it selected a certain way are... the ones I've personally taken group fly on.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

That doesn't change the fact that a player still has 35 levels to remember...

You realize you can want it on in some circumstances and off in others, right?

And that people can make a *lot* of characters, and there's no indicator for if you have it on or off on any specific one, right?

"There are 35 levels to remember!" doesn't address any of that.  Having access that doesn't risk getting locked out of the zone by leaving it does.

You know, so far the only responses against Null being in the RWZ (and hopefully also the Abyss and Hive) is "Well, you should have done so when you were staring out! Shame on you!" Are there any other reasons why this is a bad idea other than we should have known and already done it?

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I believe it is also league mates as well - I'd have to check the CoD entry to confirm.

It is not.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Everlasting MSRs are group-fly friendly. And it's useful for (some) masterminds, so no, you don't have them turn it off.

As far as "well, turn it off in any of the previous levels" - I have 100-odd characters. I challenge you show me where, immediately on login, I can see that I've had that turned off or on. The *only* ones  I know I have it selected a certain way are... the ones I've personally taken group fly on.

Still doesn't change the fact that players have ample opportunity to change it. Having 100 or a 1,000 characters doesn't change it either. That just means there are now thousands of opportunities to change it if a player wants to.

As for your challenge, go to Null the Gull and select the Group Fly option and it will tell you whether its turn on or off. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You know, so far the only responses against Null being in the RWZ (and hopefully also the Abyss and Hive) is "Well, you should have done so when you were staring out! Shame on you!" Are there any other reasons why this is a bad idea other than we should have known and already done it?

You missed the developers not wanting to add more junk to the Null the Gull coding, though I don't think it has been brought up in this thread.

Pocket D Zone Tour