request Null the Gull inside RWZ base.

wjrasmussen

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Still doesn't change the fact that players have ample opportunity to change it. Having 100 or a 1,000 characters doesn't change it either. That just means there are now thousands of opportunities to change it if a player wants to.

As for your challenge, go to Null the Gull and select the Group Fly option and it will tell you whether its turn on or off. 

Or... and here's a wild thought... when we get to the RWZ or Hive/Abyss, there is a Null right there was can ask! Yay! 😆

Just now, Rudra said:

Or... and here's a wild thought... when we get to the RWZ or Hive/Abyss, there is a Null right there was can ask! Yay! 😆

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this suggestion (and I am all for increased accessibility for players). I am just more inclined to use the capabilities already provided to players in game to achieve the desired results of this suggestion, which is ultimately to turn off or on Group Fly effects.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

Still doesn't change the fact that players have ample opportunity to change it.

I log on just after work for an MSR. Zone is nearly full. I have a choice - go to the MSR and enjoy time with people I like, or go down to Pocket D and get locked out. So, no.

Hamidon raids can go straight from that to the MSR.  If I'm melee, I may very *much* want to be affected by group fly for one, and *not* in the MSR immediately after - and, again, wanting to play with certain folks means the extra time zoning, changing, and coming to another zone may mean I don't *get* to get into that other zone.

3 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Having 100 or a 1,000 characters doesn't change it either. That just means there are now thousands of opportunities to change it if a player wants to.

That is an utterly nonsensical reply. Do better.

3 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

As for your challenge, go to Null the Gull and select the Group Fly option and it will tell you whether its turn on or off.

Again. THERE IS NO INDICATOR. You know, someething I can check to see if I *have* to go do so.  Which, again, means potentially getting locked out of a zone.

You're being deliberately obtuse here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Sorry, Grey'. I gotta disagree. Or I was bugged. One or the other. During a Hami' league, I was moved off the group fly player's team and was stilla ffected.

We regularly move people around in leagues. You can see it drop from people when they move.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Again, did not know that bit, Glacier. Does it really add junk to Null's coding if he is simply being duplicated though? His code doesn't change, just the instances where he is/the code is accessible.

Well don't count it until I can actually find the quote - I don't want to mislead folks if I am misremembering.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this suggestion (and I am all for increased accessibility for players). I am just more inclined to use the capabilities already provided to players in game to achieve the desired results of this suggestion, which is ultimately to turn off or on Group Fly effects.

You're "all for increased accessibility," yet arguing with people saying to have it accessible in two places it would be handy to have...

Which is it?

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

We regularly move people around in leagues. You can see it drop from people when they move.

I was bugged then. Go figure. Happens a lot. Anyway, since the convo seems to just be the 3 of us now, and 2 of us say it is a good idea and the third says he is not opposed, I think we are all in agreement this is a good idea! Yay for ... .... whatever you call a forum decision!   🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

I log on just after work for an MSR. Zone is nearly full. I have a choice - go to the MSR and enjoy time with people I like, or go down to Pocket D and get locked out. So, no.

Hamidon raids can go straight from that to the MSR.  If I'm melee, I may very *much* want to be affected by group fly for one, and *not* in the MSR immediately after - and, again, wanting to play with certain folks means the extra time zoning, changing, and coming to another zone may mean I don't *get* to get into that other zone.

That is an utterly nonsensical reply. Do better.

Again. THERE IS NO INDICATOR. You know, someething I can check to see if I *have* to go do so.  Which, again, means potentially getting locked out of a zone.

You're being deliberately obtuse here.

I will do my best to cater solutions to these outliers:

1. The assumption here is that the player knows ahead of time that there will be a scheduled MSR. So under this assumption of foresight, there is a certain amount of due diligence on behalf of the player would ensure before the scheduled event, that particular character is either setup for how they intend to be played (whether accepting the effect of Group Fly or not). Or an alternative is assumed to be known to the player which gives said player options to alleviate their perceived inconvenience of said effect. Such options could include turning the effect off ahead of time via Null the Gull, quitting the team and joining another which is part of the MSR, using a temporary fly power to move out of range, or any other mentioned so far in this thread.

2. If a player is going to a Hamidon raid directly following an MSR, there is an opportunity to change their settings via Null the Gull. It exists, regardless of the perceived inconveniences said player may experience - a player can mitigate those perceived inconveniences ahead of time by directing their efforts towards minimizing travel time (using a base portal then going to Pocket D then using the base portal there and teleporting to zones connecting to the Hive/Abyss.

3. I don't care?

4. The indicator of whether Group Fly is affecting a player is... wow.. its that the player is being affected by the power? In addition to that lighbulb, players can go to Null the Gull and check to see if they are affected by Group Fly.

Good discussion! 

• Thumbs Down 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

6 minutes ago, Greycat said:

You're "all for increased accessibility," yet arguing with people saying to have it accessible in two places it would be handy to have...

Which is it?

Accessibility means there are options to do so. Accessibility and convenience are two different things. Are you asking this question rhetorically?

• Thumbs Down 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

I was bugged then. Go figure. Happens a lot. Anyway, since the convo seems to just be the 3 of us now, and 2 of us say it is a good idea and the third says he is not opposed, I think we are all in agreement this is a good idea! Yay for ... .... whatever you call a forum decision!   🤣

Rudra, my apologies - I will refrain from further clogging up the discussion with my banter! Good luck!

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

I will do my best to cater solutions to these outliers:

1. The assumption here is that the player knows ahead of time that there will be a scheduled MSR. So under this assumption of foresight, there is a certain amount of due diligence on behalf of the player would ensure before the scheduled event, that particular character is either setup for how they intend to be played (whether accepting the effect of Group Fly or not). Or an alternative is assumed to be known to the player which gives said player options to alleviate their perceived inconvenience of said effect. Such options could include turning the effect off ahead of time via Null the Gull, quitting the team and joining another which is part of the MSR, using a temporary fly power to move out of range, or any other mentioned so far in this thread.

2. If a player is going to a Hamidon raid directly following an MSR, there is an opportunity to change their settings via Null the Gull. It exists, regardless of the perceived inconveniences said player may experience - a player can mitigate those perceived inconveniences ahead of time by directing their efforts towards minimizing travel time (using a base portal then going to Pocket D then using the base portal there and teleporting to zones connecting to the Hive/Abyss.

3. I don't care?

4. The indicator of whether Group Fly is affecting a player is... wow.. its that the player is being affected by the power? In addition to that lighbulb, players can go to Null the Gull and check to see if they are affected by Group Fly.

Good discussion! 

1) Except I never know thhre is an MSR planned until I enter the zone and face-plant into one forming.

2) If you are proceeding directly to league zone for league activity, then no, you don't really have time without the high likelihood of being locked out.

4) The indicator of being affected is not an indicator. It is an affect. At which point the player goes "Oh crap. Group Fly affects me." An indicator would be a quick view icon that says yes or no even without having to be affected.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Rudra, my apologies - I will refrain from further clogging up the discussion with my banter! Good luck!

Discuss away! I sommtimes try to break up some conversations for fear they may be devolving into a possible argument. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

1) Except I never know thhre is an MSR planned until I enter the zone and face-plant into one forming.

2) If you are proceeding directly to league zone for league activity, then no, you don't really have time without the high likelihood of being locked out.

4) The indicator of being affected is not an indicator. It is an affect. At which point the player goes "Oh crap. Group Fly affects me." An indicator would be a quick view icon that says yes or no even without having to be affected.

Fair enough - I did my best to cater to what-if scenarios presented by @Greycat. They can't all be winners!

Pocket D Zone Tour

19 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You know, so far the only responses against Null being in the RWZ (and hopefully also the Abyss and Hive) is "Well, you should have done so when you were staring out! Shame on you!" Are there any other reasons why this is a bad idea other than we should have known and already done it?

Not that I have heard. If the zones you mentioned had no cap - or if somehow leaving the zone did not run you the risk of not be able to return to the zone - then I doubt this request would even be considered. Or, if there was a way to turn it off from your own settings, I doubt we'd entertain this. But, here we are, with what we have available. Beyond players wanting some kind of punishment for other players who, for whatever reason, lack the foresight to go to Pocket D before an MSR or Hami, and not knowing of any technical reasons it wouldn't be possible, I don't see a reason not to do it.

Is this such an issue it should require dev effort, or just a request to be added to the list?

I've never really prioritized running to Null the Gull for group fly or such. I've only had Group Fly happen to an annoying level a handful of times over years and years.

I appreciate Null being a special resource we can head to in order to do some specific things.

For folks lobbying to have Null or those capabilities proliferated to zones and bases, maybe lobby instead to have those settings with an option to be account wide defaults.

I mean just skip to what you really want.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 minutes ago, Troo said:

Is this such an issue it should require dev effort, or just a request to be added to the list?

... What's the difference? It's in Suggestions, it's there for the devs to see and determine themselves.

6 minutes ago, Troo said:

For folks lobbying to have Null or those capabilities proliferated to zones and bases, maybe lobby instead to have those settings with an option to be account wide defaults.

.... see the rest of the thread. This has been brought up already.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Troo said:

I've never really prioritized running to Null the Gull for group fly or such. I've only had Group Fly happen to an annoying level a handful of times over years and years.

I appreciate Null being a special resource we can head to in order to do some specific things.

I think the problem was that they couldn't, hence Null exists. Having Null in a base is excessive, even to me. And I want to be able to put pretty much everything in my bases. And as Greycat pointed out, there are times when a player wants to be able to change between being affected and not being affected dependent on the task/activity. Making things like whether group fly affects your characters or not an account wide setting would be fine for players like me. For players that need to shift between states though, there is still a need for Null access in the RWZ, Hive, and Abyss. All that is being asked is for the ability to change as needed in the zones where it actually matters.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

You should have a constant reminder of the Gull situation in the form of your travel power pop up tray. Unless you’re the kind of psychopath that actually wants to keep his pop up tray on, in which case... get thee back from me, Satan.

Hey now... don't go blamin my ilk for that garbage!

We’ve likely all heard the quip “A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.”

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

The fix for players getting locked out of a MSR was already implemented.  You might not like the fix or use the fix but its there.  Drop from an instanced MSR,  go turn off group fly and get reinvited.  You dont even have leave pocket-D to get invited,  it teleports you back.  Even better,  long range teleport to pocket-D from inside the instanced MSR,  talk to null and get invited will teleport you back. 

Thats literally less than 1 minute.  I cant support adding null to everywhere because players refuse to use systems already in place.  And the instanced MSR is amazing compared to the zone version.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, Troo said:

We’ve likely all heard the quip “A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.”

Again, does anyone have a response that may be technical in nature other than you should know better about what can and can't affect you across who knows how many toons for each player? You know, something useful for the discussion?

13 minutes ago, TheZag said:

The fix for players getting locked out of a MSR was already implemented.  You might not like the fix or use the fix but its there.  Drop from an instanced MSR,  go turn off group fly and get reinvited.  You dont even have leave pocket-D to get invited,  it teleports you back.  Even better,  long range teleport to pocket-D from inside the instanced MSR,  talk to null and get invited will teleport you back. 

Thats literally less than 1 minute.  I cant support adding null to everywhere because players refuse to use systems already in place.  And the instanced MSR is amazing compared to the zone version.

And there are instanced MSRs?! When and how did this happen? The zone MSRs are the only ones I know of. And that still does not address how to get back in zone for a Hamidon raid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rudra said:

You know, something useful for the discussion?

yes oh, I read that without the comma.

Edited by Troo
lol
  • Haha 2