request Null the Gull inside RWZ base.

wjrasmussen

It wouldn't end them as there are instanced mothership raids, and even if Null the Gull was added to the instanced mothership raid people would still complain.  In any case, Page Three updated the loading screen tips, and one of the new loading screen tips is:

"Annoyed by Group Fly? Talk with Null the Gull in Pocket D!"

Sound advice.  At level five, every character I make goes to Pocket D for a chat with Null the Gull.  One of the things I change is disabling Group Fly.  If people can't take two minutes to do that, then that's really on them.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Given - at least on Everlasting - dropping down to Pocket D to switch it may mean you can't get back in the zone, since they fill really quick - yes, this would be a nice idea.

Moreso since people may be coming in from (say) the Hami raid right before where they may *want* to be affected by group fly, and then not want to on the MSR.

(Personally I still think it should just be a slash command to turn on or off. Even better if you had an indicator that it's on or off you could check ahead of time.)

• Thumbs Up 6

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Given - at least on Everlasting - dropping down to Pocket D to switch it may mean you can't get back in the zone, since they fill really quick - yes, this would be a nice idea.

Moreso since people may be coming in from (say) the Hami raid right before where they may *want* to be affected by group fly, and then not want to on the MSR.

(Personally I still think it should just be a slash command to turn on or off. Even better if you had an indicator that it's on or off you could check ahead of time.)

Making Group Fly a slash command or option in the options window was suggested during Page Two beta development, but was deemed too difficult (if not outright impossible), by developers.  It's why it was added as an option to Null the Gull in the first place instead of a slash command or option in the options window.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, Greycat said:

Agreed.  It was an odd choice by the devs to not make it selectable by the characters.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

3 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Agreed.  It was an odd choice by the devs to not make it selectable by the characters.

It wasn't a choice between two valid options. It was way easier and way less messy and potentially problematic to do it via Null (which grants a power which turns off GF) Than coding a bunch of extra shit

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

No.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

People requiring an emergency solution for something they had 35 levels to address is like people reaching age 35 without intellectual or physical disabilities and needing a nanny to remind them to don trousers.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

15 hours ago, Greycat said:

Ideally, you wouldn't have to make a trip anywhere special to decline any particular buff, so I agree.

To @wjrasmussen's point, I don't think it's a bad idea, and I get why you are asking. If RWZ is going to remain capped at 50 players, then we feel a need to have all the potentially important stuff inside that zone so there's no reason to leave once you've secured your spot in the MSR.

Or, could Null perhaps make these kind of changes account wide, so once you done it for one alt you've done it for all? Not sure how that would impact a character with Group Fly on an account that has declined it.

• Like 1

Null the Gull - a chicken for every pot! A solution to any problem! Just make the gull do it and it will be better. It may surprise folks that Null the Gull didn't exist for many years and players went about their way, finding alternative solutions to the problems they experienced in the game.

For example, Group Fly has a 60 ft radius. If players move outside the radius of the caster, they won't be affected by it any longer.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Null the Gull - a chicken for every pot! A solution to any problem! Just make the gull do it and it will be better. It may surprise folks that Null the Gull didn't exist for many years and players went about their way, finding alternative solutions to the problems they experienced in the game.

For example, Group Fly has a 60 ft radius. If players move outside the radius of the caster, they won't be affected by it any longer.

The alternative solution was either telling them to shut it off or kicking the person with group fly as it made us slower than molasses and debuffed our accuracy back in the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Null is essentially giving players limited access to GM commands.  Changing alignment instantly and granting powers arent level 0 commands.  Im generally against expanding nulls capabilities and players shouldnt have access to GM commands as slash commands. It would only take a single bug to let players grant themselves powers they arent supposed to have.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Also like. If you miss the MSR (And the 30 or so merits" bc you left the zone, there's like a half dozen other things you can do to get back that reward. None of which are "just wait and do another one because they're run every single day"

• Thumbs Down 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

20 hours ago, Apparition said:

"Annoyed by Group Fly? Talk with Null the Gull in Pocket D!"

Sound advice.  At level five, every character I make goes to Pocket D for a chat with Null the Gull.  One of the things I change is disabling Group Fly.  If people can't take two minutes to do that, then that's really on them.

Personally I do this at level 1. As soon as I roll up a toon, I run to PocketD and set a number of options, including Group Fly, pop-up travel tray, alignment, and others. 🙂

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Personally I'd rather them allow us to expand null the gull dialogue menu to some humanoids and place them in our bases.

This would be neat! I personally would love to have working targeting dummies in base. 🙂

3 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Or, could Null perhaps make these kind of changes account wide, so once you done it for one alt you've done it for all? Not sure how that would impact a character with Group Fly on an account that has declined it.

I would LOVE for a setting to apply Null's options account wide. But I'm guessing that's as difficult as adding the options to the in-game menu, which is why Null was created in the first place. It's not the prettiest fix, but it's better than waiting for the devs to have time to implement something nicer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Coloden.png

1 hour ago, kwsapphire said:

I'm guessing that's as difficult as adding the options to the in-game menu

That is where I would like them to be so that the options could automatically be loaded or you could just tweak them in the options menu instead of needing to travel to the Gull each time, but I guess going to the Gull each time like the ritual of flying around Atlas to unlock Atlas Travel Guide and then running around to various zones getting an exploration badge for the fast travel power (which for me is a minimum of hitting Pocket D, Talos, and Peregrine Island - so I'm going near the Gull at any rate ....)

1 hour ago, kwsapphire said:

I would LOVE for a setting to apply Null's options account wide.

I could deal with this as long as it didn't include the alignment change.

The only other setting that I ever set differently is if I want to accept Mystic Fortune or not.

I go to the Gull to basically turn everything off and to set up their basic alignment (tweaking to or out and back so that they will be charging the associated power)

My main issue with the Gull is having to leave the interface and go back in for each setting.

Just kick me back to the main menu and add an option on the bottom to leave/exit the interface.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

22 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

To end the complaints in MSR about group fly.

How about turning group fly and team teleport off by default?

And have Gull give you the ability to accept group fly and team teleport?

Both of these powers are annoying to a majority (as far as I can tell) of other players and I know of at least one guy that uses them to prank teammates that have been to "lazy" to visit the Gull and fix it. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I don't know about lazy. Personally, I forget about group fly and team teleport until I am affected by them. And when I am affected, I am waiting for a Hami' raid to launch and don't want to get locked out of the zone. Guess I need that nanny to remind me to don trousers. Anyone know a reliable but cheap one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

(And before anyone says "Well, since you Hami', you should already know!", I only rarely do a Hami' raid. A raid once per month is me being rabidly dedicated to attending a Hami' raid, and I am rarely that dedicated to doing them. So yeah, most times I don't have a need to remember. And moving me and my pets out of the radius? Is a good way to wind up monster chow.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add monster chow comment.

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

(And before anyone says "Well, since you Hami', you should already know!", I only rarely do a Hami' raid. A raid once per month is me being rabidly dedicated to attending a Hami' raid, and I am rarely that dedicated to doing them. So yeah, most times I don't have a need to remember. And moving me and my pets out of the radius? Is a good way to wind up monster chow.)

You're literally remembering to do it *right now* so, ya know, go do it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1