Add an option to autoaccept resurrections

nihilii

Sometimes, I die and use the chance to go AFK because the team is busy fighting in a tough spot. Then a teammate attempts to rez me, and it fails, because I'm not there to accept it.

I can't think of a scenario where I don't want to be rezzed, anyway. Certainly, there's in theory the chance of malicious rezzes to stack up the debt. I could see that being a factor in the original design. Nowadays, I don't think that's too relevant - at least, I think it'd be nice to have the option to autoaccept rezzes.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

... do you *tell* them you're going AFK?

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

13 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

... do you *tell* them you're going AFK?

No in the OP's message they jot off to alt tab and scroll Facebook or grab coffee and let the team waste a couple rez cool downs on them before they realize that the OP is afk. The OP comes back find themselves dead and asks for a rez and they say we tried twice, quit going afk during the mission.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't see the problem, rez powers used to work without prompt, it would be nice to bring that option back.

Besides, even if they were AFK for the rez and then were defeated again, it's still the same situation, a rez got wasted. Only difference is there's a chance it might not go to waste if the team do it after the fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I don't see a problem with rez auto-accepts, I am still inclined to disagree. Mainly on the point that as the OP said, he chose to go AFK because the team was in a tough spot. I personally believe it is at the very least a courtesy to let your team know you are going AFK so they don't waste actions on you that could be devoted to other things. Like clearing mobs. Especially during a tough fight. And if they did try to rez him during the fight but he went AFK because the team was in a tough spot, then the priority would have likely been to get him back in the fight to help so the rest of them don't bite it too. Auto-rez? Okay. Auto-rez because you want to ghost your team when they need you and not have to click something? ... *grumble* Auto-rez okay... but your reason sucks.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove double negative.
  • Like 3

Personally, I'd want it the other way around.

If I'm rezzing someone and they don't accept? Drop my cooldown on the rez so it's available again.  (Obviously not for AOE rezzes like HT or Barrier.) Probably a nightmare to mess with in the code, but... it'd *really* be handy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Personally, I'd want it the other way around.

If I'm rezzing someone and they don't accept? Drop my cooldown on the rez so it's available again.  (Obviously not for AOE rezzes like HT or Barrier.) Probably a nightmare to mess with in the code, but... it'd *really* be handy.

That would be nice. I mostly use Howling Twilight so it wouldn't benefit me, but it would work great for other players. Then even if a target went AFK, the rez would still be available for someone that will actually use the rez and help win the fight. (Not having such a long wind up for the rez would be nice too, but let's not be greedy.)

3 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

No in the OP's message they jot off to alt tab and scroll Facebook or grab coffee and let the team waste a couple rez cool downs on them before they realize that the OP is afk. The OP comes back find themselves dead and asks for a rez and they say we tried twice, quit going afk during the mission.

...yeah, that was the joke. The missing steps so I didn't just have to say "this idea is really stupid because you're too lazy or braindead to say you're AFK."

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

2 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

...yeah, that was the joke. The missing steps so I didn't just have to say "this idea is really stupid because you're too lazy or braindead to say you're AFK."

Dunno I might be with the OP on this sub-topic. Actually telling people when you afk is for squares 🙂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nihilii said:

Sometimes, I die and use the chance to go AFK because the team is busy fighting in a tough spot. Then a teammate attempts to rez me, and it fails, because I'm not there to accept it.

I can't think of a scenario where I don't want to be rezzed, anyway. Certainly, there's in theory the chance of malicious rezzes to stack up the debt. I could see that being a factor in the original design. Nowadays, I don't think that's too relevant - at least, I think it'd be nice to have the option to autoaccept rezzes.

Well think harder.. many times in later content i choose not to rez right away.. either cause i still have the aggro that killed me.. or some mechanic like the death auras in itrials... yes i look at you Keyes, MoM Itrial or Apex TF..... what sense it would make to be rezzed and die right away cause u cannot move away fast enough until the animation wait time is over.... but im okay for an option for those that wants it.... its your debt farm 😅.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Back in the day it was my understanding that the rez accept button was added because players would get rezzed in the heat of battle and be forced to accept and then die a second later to get double debt.  The accept prompt was added so you could choose to remain dead until it was safe.  Xp debt protection was also added so you dont get double debt from a quick death after a rez.

What i would like is for your rez to be blocked if someone already has an accept box timer going.  Cant say how many times ive seen a person get 3 rezzes during the firsts timer and then someone else dies shortly after and all the rezzes are on cooldown. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't see a problem with this.

People go AFK unexpectedly because life happens. Pizza's get delivered, dogs start horking in the living room, kids go suddenly and suspiciously quiet, etc. Yes, there are times when people are letting their team down for no good reason because they are tabbed out unintentionally sharing all their personal info on Facebook, but my sense is the majority of the time it's just something out of the players control. If you can safely tell your team you will be AFK before you need to be, great, and do that. But I also know from personal experience that's not always possible.

Also, it's annoying to rez someone and not see them rez. I say stick with the current countdown so you have some ability to time your rez (maybe you are surrounded by bad guys who are moving away), decline it (maybe my self-rez is better than your Medicine pool rez), or let the clock run out and rez you anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why not also take the timer off the Rex window?  You got rezzed, you get to choose when to take it, none of this OMGYOUONOYHAVESEVENSECONDS nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

To quell concerns about my life story, "the team" in this context are my friends. Sometimes I AFK, sometimes they AFK: we don't mind each other doing that- nor are we terribly bothered by wasting a rez on our AFK buds. It would be an appreciated quality of life upgrade, is all.

Adding to that, another point to consider. Sometimes we know the other is AFK, and would like to rez them while they're away so they come back to a full health character.

Edited by nihilii

11 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Huh. My SG ports me around when I go afk to GET me killed.

Can confirm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, TheZag said:

What i would like is for your rez to be blocked if someone already has an accept box timer going.

I'm ... reasonably sure it is. I've tried to rez someone and had the power not go off, because someone else has already tried. (Edit - just tried right then, that is.)  (Then had it work and not rez because that timer expired and they're still afk or dc'd.)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

11 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I'm ... reasonably sure it is. I've tried to rez someone and had the power not go off, because someone else has already tried. (Edit - just tried right then, that is.)  (Then had it work and not rez because that timer expired and they're still afk or dc'd.)

Im generally on the receiving end of rezzes since i mostly play melee.  The first person rezzes me and before i can accept another person does as well.  But all i can say for sure is that the second animation plays.  I dont know if it goes on cooldown.  I always assumed that it did though and the rez was wasted.

1 minute ago, TheZag said:

Im generally on the receiving end of rezzes since i mostly play melee.  The first person rezzes me and before i can accept another person does as well.  But all i can say for sure is that the second animation plays.  I dont know if it goes on cooldown.  I always assumed that it did though and the rez was wasted.

There *may* be a timing thing there. I know if I hit a self-rez (or awaken, I think) at the same time someone rezzes me, I can accept the rez and get full health/END. But it's touchy on timing.