Market Crash tips

KaizenSoze

Market Crash is one of the Weekly Strike Targets.

Two tips that not everyone knows.

In the last mission, the hospital is in zone near the entrance. You can hospital then jump down the cliff back into the big robot fight. No need to run through the tunnels.

Tips about Super Stunners:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

How can I deal with the constant HP debuffs from the crimson prototype when I'm solo other than running away to let them drop off?

A well timed Core Rebirth is the only thing I've found to mitigate that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Ukase said:

A well timed Core Rebirth is the only thing I've found to mitigate that. 

Or have a second Brute or Tanker on the team and alternate tanking Big Red.  Not for solo runs, but that is an effective way to mitigate it.

Edited by Apparition

46 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

How can I deal with the constant HP debuffs from the crimson prototype when I'm solo other than running away to let them drop off?

If you can manage to survive by using some defense buffs from purple inspirations or top your hp back to full after getting hit,  its possible to get debuffed down to 1 hp.  Then the games anti 1 shot code kicks into gear.  Attacks that should '1 shot you' from 100% hp leave you with 1 hp instead.  And since your max hp is 1,  you are still at 100% hp.  At this point you are invincible.  Turn off all those defense toggles and laugh while you take every single hit but never die.

The hardest part for my tank is getting that last debuff.  It isnt easy or particularly reliable but its hilarious once you pull it off.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheZag said:

If you can manage to survive by using some defense buffs from purple inspirations or top your hp back to full after getting hit,  its possible to get debuffed down to 1 hp.  Then the games anti 1 shot code kicks into gear.  Attacks that should '1 shot you' from 100% hp leave you with 1 hp instead.  And since your max hp is 1,  you are still at 100% hp.  At this point you are invincible. 

The hardest part for my tank is getting that last debuff.  It isnt easy or particularly reliable but its hilarious once you pull it off.

I had that happen once on my bio/claws tank. My absorption line from the team window suddenly stretched across the screen.

• Haha 1

As far as something more reliable is concerned,  maybe the signature summon: tank can distract it to let the debuffs fall off.  I couldnt say for sure though,  i only use echo of posi for particularly tough targets because his -resist debuff is amazing and he is the ranged damage category.

Another tip.

Team Transport works as long as the alignments are not to mixed. Like hero and villain on the same team.

The odd one out has to use the Kallisti tram. If they zone, TT can start to work.

I am not sure of all the non working combos, but villains seems to be the worst off. As usual.

Edited by KaizenSoze

20 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This probably won't help you, but I found hover blasting works if you have that option.  I assume the -hp attack is a melee attack, or a short ranged attack.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 3/1/2022 at 7:56 AM, Mr. Vee said:

I find that LRT'ing to talos from inside the 2nd mish has me fighting at cars while everyone figures out there's a villain on the team 😄

I won't disagree with the outcome, but if members of the team are looking for the Valet badge you might want to wait for most of the rest of the team to zone before jumping in. There are different successful strategies to avoid the destruction of cars/trucks, but I've never seen it happen when a single player triggers the rampage without others to assist. YMMV.

9 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Are you questioning my ability to save the cars singlehandedly? I'm afraid I'm going to have to take umbrage.

Thanks! That umbrage has been taking up one of my Auction House slots for far too long.

• Haha 4

Super stunners are a pain in the arse almost worse then malta Sappers 

that said they do have one weakness THEY DO NOT rez if no one is near them. 

yep their rez which is VERY painful as it not only does damaage but drains a crapton of endurance  is a triggered rez when people are nearby, So make sure that the last blow to a super stunner is delivered at range. with no teamates near it. 

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

9 hours ago, catsi563 said:

yep their rez which is VERY painful as it not only does damaage but drains a crapton of endurance  is a triggered rez when people are nearby, So make sure that the last blow to a super stunner is delivered at range. with no teamates near it. 

Brutes and scrappers should therefore be hyper-alert so they don't miss jumping into melee on every single super-stunner when it's one hit from dead. It's in their contracts.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Brutes and scrappers should therefore be hyper-alert so they don't miss jumping into melee on every single super-stunner when it's one hit from dead. It's in their contracts.

How else are we supposed to get that sweet, double-double XP?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, TheZag said:

Bonus points for dragging super stunners over to your team on a character with end drain resist so they all get drained and you can keep fighting.

3 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Optimal teaming right there. 😄 

And thats tame for things my friends do on teams.  My buddies routinely 'accidently' pull the crimson prototype while we are fighting castillo the second time.  Or herd as many extra mobs as they can while we are fighting Bobcat and Neuron.  Skip deactivating security on pandoras box 5.  And any number of other things to spice up some of the missions.  Usually everyone on the team isnt a PUG though so we all know what we are getting ourselves into when we do missions.

47 minutes ago, TheZag said:

And thats tame for things my friends do on teams.  My buddies routinely 'accidently' pull the crimson prototype while we are fighting castillo the second time.  Or herd as many extra mobs as they can while we are fighting Bobcat and Neuron.  Skip deactivating security on pandoras box 5.  And any number of other things to spice up some of the missions.  Usually everyone on the team isnt a PUG though so we all know what we are getting ourselves into when we do missions.

Are we in the same SG?

52 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I swear that my Darkest Night just keeps somehow winding up on Crimson Prototype as soon as we start fighting Castillo.  And somehow my Mastermind's henchmen will run off and take a couple of potshots against the Crimson Prototype as soon as we start fighting Castillo, and then run back.  Completely out of my control, honest.

• Haha 1